Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    which pure dps class are shadow priests outdpsing ?
    All casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    People are going to tell you the problem is totally fixed and it's just a wacky coincidence. Blizzard couldn't possibly have screwed up their fix a THIRD time, right?

- - - Updated - - -

What depresses me about this is that people were really excited and Legion had an exceptionally smooth launch, but something like this is a far bigger problem than a rocky launch a la WoD because at least after a few days the game eventually becomes playable, and Legion at least has enough to do that suffering through it would have been bearable.

Something like this impacts the game from now til the end of the xpac. It erodes trust in the developers. Legiondaries are a tainted system now, and even if they come up with a perfect solution, people are not going to forget this.
    Ya to be honest this is killing my buzz a bit. I have already cut back due to burnout on WQ's and Heroic Dungeons.

Here soon I'm just going to log in for my class hall and daily chest then be done until LFR hits. I have lost interest in getting legendary's now since clearly the system is fucked.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    All casters.
    so we're excluding demo locks, arcane mages*, fire mages, outlaw rogues and arms warriors as pure dps classes

*assuming the arcane mage is able to be in melee range

right now shadow priests outdps boomkins and that's about it
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-09-17 at 02:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    All casters.
    excluding fire Mage!

I mean C'mon, after 2-3 expansions being lowest on meter which is close to garbage they got buff this expansion.
    Last edited by Leberman; 2016-09-17 at 02:26 AM.

the sad truth is that it was obvious that these legendaries are far too powerful for rare random drops the same day they were announced. it is beyond ridiculous and unfair that people can have multiple legendaries already while people who are not addicted victims and still play a lot have a good chance to get zero in this whole tier. that is artificial unnecessary imbalance. and it is reinforced by this titanforged lottery garbage which further promotes unhealthy playing habits. i feel like myth raiding could actually die over this

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Overstatement. How the fuck is it "ruined"?
    Some got a silly boost and most will never catch up.

The expantion is pretty much ruined unless Blizzard comes out with a fix for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    yeah butm the bugg increases their chances, do not gift one to them. I dont know if you understands me, that legendaries could be dropped bugged or not. how can you tell?
    I don't think you appreciate how small a percentage of the wow population should have more than 1 legendary if things were working properly.

Think of everyone who got at least one legendary as the entirety of the wow population. And take all of those people and make a sub group of these people for the low chance of rolling for another legendary.

If one out of every hundred players has a legendary now, then one out of ten thousand players would have more than one. How many level 110 do you think there are in the world ? If there are say 3M level 110, then we're talking about 300 players who should have more than one legendary. So depending on how many there are, and depending on drop chance you can guesstimate the number of people who legitimately would have more than one between 50 and 500.

And that's if it's purely RNG, which we know it isn't because of bad luck protection and probably/possibly other mechanisms we don't know about. Speaking of potential hidden mechanisms, do you think it's normal that some people have 2 legendaries at this point considering how powerful they are ? Even if it only gives the player the choice of which to use in which circumstance for the next month? I think no one should have 2 legendaries at this stage.. not unless a way bigger portion of the player base already had one.

So considering all this... the infinitesimally low amount of people who legitimately got two you would actually be wronging... I'd say it's well worth removing the fruits of the bug to preserve the integrity of the legendary system in legion as previously intended, or at any rate as should be intended (no one should have 2 already).

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    the sad truth is that it was obvious that these legendaries are far too powerful for rare random drops the same day they were announced.
    Unfortunately this is just the next step in a path they have been threading for a long time, ever since the introduction of thunderforged drops as a mechanic in MoP. I can appreciate the argument that they keep the loot hunt interesting and thus draw out engagement for a longer time before content gets stale - but in Legion with legendary items I think they've finally gone too far for my liking.

Now, it's not like WoW's item acquisition process has ever been free from RNG, but if I wanted player progression deltas due to RNG to be as large as they currently are I would just play Diablo 3 instead.

I doubt they're going to change course anytime soon unfortunately, so you best get used to this new normal. These kinds of high level design decisions tend to have a lot of inertia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Best solution imo is to delay the 2 legendary ability and keep everyone at 1 for a longer time.
    Those with multiple legendaries still get to pick which legendary they will equip. Having a choice of 3/8 legs instead of 1/8 is a pretty big deal...

Not to mention, that they'll always have a heads up on everyone else in the amount of legs they get, and thus, as explained above, the choice of which legendary they use, AND which legs they equip when more are unlocked. It is a permanent advantage for the entire expansion over everyone who didn't benefit from this bug.

Common guys.. use your brains a little this is NOT simply a matter of how many legendaries are equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    Those with multiple legendaries still get to pick which legendary they will equip. Having a choice of 3/8 legs instead of 1/8 is a pretty big deal...

Not to mention, that they'll always have a heads up on everyone else in the amount of legs they get, and thus, as explained above, the choice of which legendary they use, AND which legs they equip when more are unlocked. It is a permanent advantage for the entire expansion over everyone who didn't benefit from this bug.

Common guys.. use your brains a little this is NOT simply a matter of how many legendaries are equipped.
    There's no solution that will both make it equal for everyone and not harshly punish those that got legendaries. The whole legendary system would cause imbalance even if Blizzard didn't screw up the bad luck protection. You can't give everyone a free legendary, and you can't remove legendaries from players who didn't abuse anything to get them. With those two constraints, just limiting equipped legendaries to one per person for a bit longer would even the playing field a lot and players who got two would still have an edge since they can choose between two legendaries.

Blizzard can't fix this, the can simply minimize the damage.

Deleted
    I wonder why there is no new statement from Blizzard regarding this issue? I mean, they can't just leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by klekkarn View Post
    I wonder why there is no new statement from Blizzard regarding this issue? I mean, they can't just leave it as it is.
    they will, its Blizzard they wont fix it, they MIGHT make them unusable in Emerald dream but thats the best they will do, they will sweep it under the rug as not their problem

Deleted
    Nmkyungri, many people also do not realize what this means for them. I.e if you look at the US forum they think they're going to benefit from friends/guildies having multiple legendaries but ignore that they will quickly turn into a requirement and others will get benched over it. So the whole "why are you jealous it doesn't affect you!" is bullshit, it does.

By the time they start to run into this issue and it'll become a problem it will be to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    There's no solution that will both make it equal for everyone and not harshly punish those that got legendaries. The whole legendary system would cause imbalance even if Blizzard didn't screw up the bad luck protection. You can't give everyone a free legendary, and you can't remove legendaries from players who didn't abuse anything to get them. With those two constraints, just limiting equipped legendaries to one per person for a bit longer would even the playing field a lot and players who got two would still have an edge since they can choose between two legendaries.

Blizzard can't fix this, the can simply minimize the damage.
    You say that, but why? Why can't they ?

The players got those items as a result of a bug and should never have gotten them. They are not punished, they are brought back to normal, to the way things should be. I'm sure they won't be happy about it, but as you said, there are no good solutions. You cannot have a bunch of players running around with their pick of each legendaries ahead of everyone else for balance's sake.

If 1000 players in the world got mailed 10 mail letters of 10M gold each due to some bug... do you think blizzard would let that extra gold remain in the game ? Of course not. So it's all a matter of degree. For me, players with 3-4 legendaries 3 weeks into the expansion is my breaking point. Your mileage may vary.

And I agree with you that there are no good solutions. But to me, the lesser of all evils is clearly to remove all 2nd and 3rd legendaries from everyone. Anything else means that the ENTIRE legion legendary system becomes a laughable punchline for the rest of the expansion. To me, removing the extra legendaries is the best solution out of a bunch of crappy ones. And nothing in your post is an argument against it. The only thing you said is "you can't do that" but offered zero reasons why.

Fact is there is a precedent (DS LFR thing), and if it broke the game enough, blizzard would be forced to act... to me this is a huge problem and blizzard is forced to act for the integrity of the legendary system at such an early point in the expansion.
    Last edited by Shuken; 2016-09-17 at 08:29 PM.

The players got those items as a result of a bug and should never have gotten them. They are not punished, they are brought back to normal, to the way things should be. I'm sure they won't be happy about it, but as you said, there are no good solutions. You cannot have a bunch of players running around with their pick of each legendaries ahead of everyone else for balance's sake.

If 1000 players in the world got mailed 10 mail letters of 10M gold each due to some bug... do you think blizzard would let that extra gold remain in the game ? Of course not. So it's all a matter of degree. For me, players with 3-4 legendaries 3 weeks into the expansion is my breaking point. Your mileage may vary.

And I agree with you that there are no good solutions. But to me, the lesser of all evils is clearly to remove all 2nd and 3rd legendaries from everyone. Anything else means that the ENTIRE legion legendary system becomes a laughable punchline for the rest of the expansion. To me, removing the extra legendaries is the best solution out of a bunch of crappy ones. And nothing in your post is an argument against it. The only thing you said is "you can't do that" but offered zero reasons why.

Fact is there is a precedent (DS LFR thing), and if it broke the game enough, blizzard would be forced to act... to me this is a huge problem and blizzard is forced to act for the integrity of the legendary system at such an early point in the expansion.
    I don't know if it's a good idea to remove players items though. It's going to make a lot of players very, very angry.
    Remove all legendaries from the game would be one idea or just let player target them and get them really fast. Something has to be done though and they need to do it fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I don't know if it's a good idea to remove players items though. It's going to make a lot of players very, very angry.
    Remove all legendaries from the game would be one idea or just let player target them and get them really fast. Something has to be done though and they need to do it fast.

Still not having one, even done all content where they supposed to drop, and then a fresh lvl 110 gets his legendary in the first chest, this is why people get angry...

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    They can always let 1 legendary and take anything else. You are making 0 sense. Obviously am not saying "take everything". Just take out the spare legendaries.
    And how would you like it if you were a player who got 2 or 3 legendary's completely due to luck? You didn't abuse anything or use an exploit, but you would be punished for it. And even though it's statistically unlikely that any of those players would've gotten their second legendary so quickly, it's not impossible, so how do you discern who got their second legendary because of the bug and who would've gotten it anyways? The answer is that you can't yet you're, yet you're ask for the devs to unjustly take their legendary away from them because other people got their legendary due to a bug that they had no idea was happening and could not possibly exploit. The point I'm making is that this was a major fuck up that has left the devs in a catch 22 where the more they try to fix it the more they end up breaking it, so the best option is to resolve the bug and let this situation smooth itself out over time.

Here are some examples of how potential fixes would fuck things up:

give everyone who didn't get a legendary a free random legendary: Firstly the players that get a crappier legendary will bitch about it because they don't feel lucky just to get one since everyone has one. Secondly, the balance for emerald nightmare will be screwed up because it's probably being balanced around people having 0 to 1 legendary's. Thirdly, this takes 1 possible form of content out that they could put because if they do put in a system to specifically target and farm legendary's then there's gonna universally be one less legendary. Lastly, how do you handle the people who either haven't hit 110 yet or didn't before the bug was fixed, should they get a free legendary even though they didn't lose out on anything to begin with? What about the people who had multiple 110's before the bug was fixed, do you give each character a legendary?

Take all extra legendary's away from players who got more than 1: Again, you're just punishing players for having better luck than you did. There was no way they could avoid the bug, yet they'd be punished for something that they couldn't possibly help. That's not fair whatsoever, and unfairly punishing players is a great way to spite them and make them resent the devs and the game.

Keeping the bug in the game: This would increase the pace of acquiring legendary's by a ridiculous degree and result in major balance issues along with requiring more legendary items and legendary slots sooner in order to keep that content relevant to players.

fix the bug and leaves things where they lay: The few, very few people who got 2 or even 3 legendaries see a boost to their character progress and are lucky son's of bitches for us all to be envious of and the even fewer that got a great legendary pair will be the gods of emerald nightmare, trial of valor, and nighthold, but then will be in line with the rest of us mere mortals come the next raid tier. And that's the point, most of this will mean nothing come tier 20 because most people will have 2 or 3 legendary's by that point.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, they could've always made a ninja hotfix to the system to make it so that people who benefited from the bug now have a next to 0% chance to get another legendary until the rest of us have caught up. This way they wouldn't piss people off and they keep this bug from running out of control and completely screwing up the system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    I mean, they could've always made a ninja hotfix to the system to make it so that people who benefited from the bug now have a next to 0% chance to get another legendary until the rest of us have caught up. This way they wouldn't piss people off and they keep this bug from running out of control and completely screwing up the system.
    Or, they be honest and stay trustworthy.

TBH blizz needs to find a way to complete correct this mess in short order, or most pve players will be over legion before 7.1 even comes out.

They could drastically increase the drop rate for your first legendary.

Everyone would be at 1 legendary. People who got lucky would still be at 2 which is fine because they would have been ahead 1 legendary anyways.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma