Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The Shaman one was pretty cool, storywise, not gameplay wise. Though it lacks a proper ending, but that goes without saying. Still, assembling four elemental armies seems like a proper boost.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior was shit. I felt zero connection to any of the characters or champions and suddenly turning Warriors into Viking style "lets all go to Valhalla" seemed completely forced. What was wrong with some gladiator themed Arena thing like Fray island?

The priest one was literally copy/pasted from paladins. There's even a point where the voice over calls you "Highlord" instead of "High Priest." Super lazy, priests effectively get to play damsel in distress waiting for the paladins to come save them. Priest is hands down the worst of the ones I have done(DH, mage, shaman, paladin, priest).

I made a beer with Chen, I'm more than satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    I didn't know people actually paid attention to them...lol I completed my priest and monk class story and have no idea what they are even about. This is a great fun game with a great engine and awesome pvp but the lore bores the living fuck out of me. I can't handle it...I just don't care.
    I found the embodiment of Micheal Bay movies' target segment

Only did monk, really not a fan tbh. The artifacts are fun to get and all, and the beginnign is quite cool but the whole make the ultimate beer to defend the isle is horrible. At least to me, but i also find brewmaster lore in general to be terrible (the whole brew thing).

Warlock feels really underwhelming. We constantly have to save our followers. WHY ARE YOU SO USELESS FOLLOWERS :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    I have completed stories for mage and rogue and not only were they boring and forgettable, they were basically same rehashed story.

Both were about rescuing a moderately important rogue/mage possessed by a dreadlord

Are there some actually good class stories or all of them are just excuses to extend getting complete character by a few days ?
    I don't even remember what the warrior one was about. The mage story was a bit better imo but to be honest, I don't care all that much.
    Legion is still great, legendaries still suck.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DustWolf View Post
    Warlock feels really underwhelming. We constantly have to save our followers. WHY ARE YOU SO USELESS FOLLOWERS :P
    At least you do it personally. Meanwhile, Priests have to be saved by Paladins - and some golden demon who comes out of nowhere. Not to mention you pretty much have to beg them for help, instead of feeling like equals.

Monk campaign was just weird. It fits Brewmaster, but for other specs... not so much. Civilians get abducted by demons, so brew this Super Beer and one shot a their commander. And that's it - good job, Grandmaster.

I personally REALLY like the DK class hall story. As insane as the ending was it felt right, sometimes you need some insanity and it made sense with the DK story. But yeah pretty much the entire story was sweet.

I also finished my Shaman story recently, was not nearly as impressed with that. Nothing really interesting happened, just felt like the same old same old questing experience. The class hall in general is pretty neat tho.

Druid is pretty cool, sad, but cool. Basically, Xavius pushes every Druids shit in, hardcore. Fucks everyone the fuck up, including the green dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    I was kinda disappointed when the firelord we recruit in shaman campaign was not Ragnaros or something that uses his model. On the bright side, we get to destroy Thunderfury, so it's not so bad.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For my DK, well, no, not really.

It felt like the story ended very abruptly, and with a weird quasi-defeat after a totally unnecessary-seeming mission, and the whole "It was my plan all along!" from the LK combined with the Horsemen getting WAY MORE AWESOMER horses than I will likely ever have (my history of getting dungeon-drop mounts is abysmal - I've run dungeons for entire expansions without getting them lol) was kind of lame.

Also, like, seriously guys? My human-sized underlings should NOT be significantly bigger than me, a Night Elf. I get that NPCs are a bit bigger than players (dumb decision imho but...), but this is just silly. Koltira Deathweaver is like twice my size.

Hopefully this isn't the end of the class story, and it'll be expanded upon in later content patches (I understand it won't in 7.1 but I think they said it would be later). Because otherwise PFFFFT. It was cool until the abrupt end though.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I enjoyed the DK class story, up until the final scenario, then it just became idiotic.
    Yeah, the whole ending was like big record scratch.

If we'd succeeded, then it might have been some kind of horrifying awesome, but failing and it turns out it's the LK's Xanatos Gambit? Pfffft. Lame.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2016-09-21 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Mylune is back, as a Follower. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Yeah, insta deactivation. I love having Hamuul and Remulo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Does she still show up in your class hall surrounded by critters? I can't deactivate her if that goes.
    Gosh, I honestly haven't noticed. I actually just noticed Hamuul standing there the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Does she still show up in your class hall surrounded by critters? I can't deactivate her if that goes.
    Dk deactivated followers still hang around Acherus doing sfa, so I would assume it is the same for others.

I don't mind the valhalla theme but it could be better and not solely focused on that. Hell, they just could have given us a fortress and a siege story (kinda like Diablo 3 reaper of souls) with some band of brothers stuff (a lot of war movies could have been used as inspiration) . You could have Vyrkrul and titan stuff there. But also some prominent warriors from both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not a fan of Warriors. The Vrykul/Valhalla theme is nice, but the story is pretty much all about Titan stuff. It doesn't feel... warrior-y much, apart from one epic moment in the last scenario.

DH one was cool, all about taking control of a demonic Star Destroyer and using it to kick old KJ's minions to the curb.
    You mean the epic moment where we fight a quest NPC demon that we've never heard of before and never will again?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight story

I'm done.
    Best part of Legion.

10/10
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Here's how I think it goes. ~25k years ago Tyr recruits the to-be Aspects to fight Galakrond. You know the whole spiel how Odyn didn't approve of the empowering of the Aspects and went to go make his Valarjar, how he kills Heyla and makes the val'kyr to gather their souls for him. ~15k years ago Loken is corrupted and starts causing his trouble, including convincing Helya to finally rebel. So Odyn had ~10k years to recruit Valarjar and stuff was going his way. Helya seals Odyn and his Valarjar in the halls at this time. But as you note Odyn still has some val'kyr, such as Eyir, on his side. So he can send them out to find more vrykul to recruit as Valarjar, just not at anywhere near the quantity or ease that he used to. We have Valarjar as flight masters, quest givers, and vendors all over Stormheim. My guess is those ones were made after Helya's rebellion and thus weren't sealed away.
    And yet you've been sending "Valajar" down to do missions from the onset of the questline. Odynn himself greets you in Stormhiem.

The Warrior questline makes no sense at all. You're said that you the player are needed to be Odynn's weapon on azeroth, then immediately start sending people down from the halls of valor depsite it being established you cant do that. And at one point you meet Odynn despite that making no sense either.

The whole thing is LOADED with inconsistencies. It's one of the worst written storylines blizzard has ever done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I don't even remember what the warrior one was about. The mage story was a bit better imo but to be honest, I don't care all that much.
    Legion is still great, legendaries still suck.
    It wasnt really about anything. It just kinda aimlessly blunders about then it suddenlly focuses on saving Hodir even though they never establish why any of this is important unless you've read the Chronicles lore book.

It was bad. Bad bad bad.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg