Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    If only Oregon knew what kicking an extra point was.
    Yeah, wtf was up with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sibut

Dat catch on the OU defenders back...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And Oregon goes down to Nebraska. North Dakota State beat Iowa on a last-second field goal.
    There've been some fun discussions lately involving those teams. I told people all week that the Bison were a lock to beat Iowa, 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon had NDSU beating Eastern Washington who'd just beat Washington St and "so what" and that last season saw Oregon starting former Eastern Washington QB Vernon Adams Jr, who was the FCS Heisman winner in his senior season.

Oregon always runs the "we might go for two" look, if they have a mismatch, they go for it - and did and scored 2 on a Nelson run the first time and then failed the second. I didn't see the rest of the game, but it's something they have been doing for years.

NDSU is no joke, switched coachs, had a top 2 draft pick QB, still rolling. No idea why Iowa paid them 500K to get they ass embarrassed. Doesn't matter that NDSU is 5 time national champion, they are an FCS team and THAT in itself means you just got embarrassed, never mind that I'm 95% sure that they could beat probably 80% of the FBS teams, if not more. People gave Michigan so much shit for losing to App St (whom we beat the fuck out of on Sat, lil faggots were talking mad shit like they was bout it, got they ass whooped for being idiots), but at the time, App St was back to back FCS champs, no shame in losing to a team TEAM that was that good and playing that well together, right? WRONG, michigan was racked over the coals for it. And so Iowa should be as well.

I guess Lamar Jackson is legit... or FSU is a chump. All I know is, Cook doesn't want to be there and is playing to not get hurt. And that is essentially why we stopped recruiting him and went with his better backfield teammate at Central, Joe Yearby instead.

My favorite top to bottom conference is the Big 12, but damn, are they out of it now? Are they out of the playoff, realistically? How shameful would it be if BAYLOR were the team to run the tables? I mean, they can do it... they have Russell, Shock and Cannon all healthy (they've struggled a bit, but i don't expect them to stay struggling) and my Cowboys have a "loss", but if they ran the tables, I guess they could make a case? Still no running game and can't expect Rudolph to just throw bombs to Washington and Seales 95% of the time and expect to win.

What else is going on... 'Soncin almost lot to Georgia St... Ohio (not mocking the buckeyes), but OHIO gave Tennessee a run. That glorious, glorious Sparty win over Notre Dame. Georgia scored late to beat Misery. Heisman snub McCaffrey did McCaffrey type things vs SC.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    @Sibut

Dat catch on the OU defenders back...
    YAAAAAAS! What a catch! I don't have any illusions that the Buckeyes can keep this level of play up all season, but that game went much better than expected. I wonder if anyone asked Oklahoma's backup QB his opinion on OSU's D again after the game?. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/oklahom...181342176.html

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I totally enjoyed Louisville's dismantling of FSU...not sure how the USA Today poll still has Louisville below Clemson, but I guess the USA Today poll has always been a bit out there. Wanted to see Bama go down because fuck Saban and Bama, but they pulled it out so kudos to them. Overall the Big Ten had an ok week, other than whatever Iowa was doing. Was glad to see Houston keep their playoff hopes alive.

Sorry about Texas, Crissi! They really got jobbed. =(
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2016-09-19 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    YAAAAAAS! What a catch! I don't have any illusions that the Buckeyes can keep this level of play up all season, but that game went much better than expected. I wonder if anyone asked Oklahoma's backup QB his opinion on OSU's D again after the game?. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/oklahom...181342176.html

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I totally enjoyed Louisville's dismantling of FSU...not sure how the USA Today poll still has Louisville below Clemson, but I guess the USA Today poll has always been a bit out there. Wanted to see Bama go down because fuck Saban and Bama, but they pulled it out so kudos to them. Overall the Big Ten had an ok week, other than whatever Iowa was doing. Was glad to see Houston keep their playoff hopes alive.

Sorry about Texas, Crissi! They really got jobbed. =(
    I dont know what the hell that pac 12 replay team was thinking when they made that call against Texas saying they didn't pick the ball up immediately. That was absurd. That entire team should be terminated.

Clemson vs Louisville will be a great game. Thats the gameday game that week.
    Last edited by Vampiroth; 2016-09-19 at 05:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    NDSU is no joke, switched coachs, had a top 2 draft pick QB, still rolling. No idea why Iowa paid them 500K to get they ass embarrassed. Doesn't matter that NDSU is 5 time national champion, they are an FCS team and THAT in itself means you just got embarrassed, never mind that I'm 95% sure that they could beat probably 80% of the FBS teams, if not more. People gave Michigan so much shit for losing to App St (whom we beat the fuck out of on Sat, lil faggots were talking mad shit like they was bout it, got they ass whooped for being idiots), but at the time, App St was back to back FCS champs, no shame in losing to a team TEAM that was that good and playing that well together, right? WRONG, michigan was racked over the coals for it. And so Iowa should be as well.
    Interestingly, the Vegas odds had Iowa beating NDSU by more than 2 touchdowns (14 1/2 point spread).

FBS always pays for FCS teams to travel to them. FCS doesn't have the money, and they use that money to support their programs; it is one of 2 reasons why NDSU isn't in FBS yet (the other problem is where to put them since they need to be invited into a conference).

Another interesting aspect is that in the AP poll yesterday, NDSU would be ranked at Number 27 (apparently they apply votes to FCS teams on weeks they play FBS teams), so, yeah, they very likely can beat 80% of the FBS teams (Iowa was ranked #13 going into the game), if not more.

I get a chuckle at how programs like NDSU get belittled because they are "just some small FCS school". Wentz was not only the number 2 pick a few months ago, but he proved he can play with the big dogs in the NFL last Sunday stomping on the Browns.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah Texas got jipped again. Fucking hell. Granted, we had a ton of legit penalties that didnt help, but there was so many bull non calls and then that last bull call...

>.<

someone wants to try and keep Texas on the downlow...

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Clemson vs Louisville will be a great game. Thats the gameday game that week.
    I'm not even an ACC fan and I'm pumped for that game. GL to Clemson this week for your sake, Vamp. =) Should be an excellent game (Or so I'm hoping) either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Houston v Louiville will also be a blast to watch

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Another interesting aspect is that in the AP poll yesterday, NDSU would be ranked at Number 27 (apparently they apply votes to FCS teams on weeks they play FBS teams), so, yeah, they very likely can beat 80% of the FBS teams (Iowa was ranked #13 going into the game), if not more.
    I didn't know about that rule (the votes), but I did see them ranked that high when I was checking yesterday, I wasn't aware that they could get votes (they didn't have any in the coaches poll, yet still had Iowa ranked).

Petrino has always been a good coach. He's an asshole, scumbag, and just an overall bad person. But he is a good coach. He had Arkansas in position to contend for a national championship. I hope clemson shows up. It'd be a shame if we get torched like FSU did but in our own house.

I hope clemson shows up. It'd be a shame if we get torched like FSU did but in our own house.
    I'd be worried without Lawson, Dodd, and Alexander. More importantly, Watson, McCloud and Gallman better be ready to put up at least 50.

Petrino has always been a good coach. He's an asshole, scumbag, and just an overall bad person. But he is a good coach. He had Arkansas in position to contend for a national championship. I hope clemson shows up. It'd be a shame if we get torched like FSU did but in our own house.
    Dead on. Dude can recruit and coach the hell out of some football but as a person has to be one of the biggest slime balls in college football. If he just had some defense at Arkansas we might of won one.

Big question for Louisville is can they make it all year. Petrino teams tend to have at least one stink game they lose where they shouldn't, and Louisville seems to have that same issue as well. Clemson always seemed to do the same thing for years.

I would feel bad for Texas on the call, and I think it was piss poor officiating, but anytime Texas loses its a good weekend.

Big 12 just went down the tubes pretty quick unless Baylor can run the table, and even then depending on who is around them in the polls they could still not make it in because their schedule is so weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad for Ole Miss. They just destroyed Georgia, proving again that they're a great team. But they had the unfortunate circumstance of playing against two of the best teams in the country.

- - - Updated - - -

The over/under in the Florida/Tennessee game is 43 points, which means whoever comes up with those numbers don't know Florida that well.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess Florida decided not to have a secondary this game.

Notre Dame lost to Duke....

Thats all I have to contribute for today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hows that giant extension looking notre Dame?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah...poor ND. Also means Texas's win isnt as impressive.

OK state next week. I think they can do it if they improve their defensive coaching. Vance Bedford is likely gone soon if Strong wants to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was looking like Les Miles' last year, didn't think it would be his last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah... that was quick. Although that was a bungling on his QB, not on him that cost them that game.

I think LSU is gambling a bit here, firing him so soon. Probably aiming for Tom Herman from the talk around here. That entirely relies on Texas not firing Charlie Strong (since this is also his "prove it or else" year).

and ND fired their DC, good.