Thread: Rip Servers

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i dont understand why people get off on ddossing. what does it do for them? like where is the gratification
    I like to think it's karma for the bad things blizzard has done to their playerbase.

I mean... does DDoS take any skill at all?

It's not really hacking is it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I mean... does DDoS take any skill at all?

It's not really hacking is it?
    No, it requires a credit card and some money. They pay to rent a botnet from organized crime cartels in Russia and China, who rent them out (one of many ways they make money). They use the botnet while they have the use of it. Once their prepaid time runs out, the botnet owners go "yoink" and someone posts something saying "we're done for now".

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I tried to log in, and I was able to get ingame, and my main server's character list is empty... Should I be concerned?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Authentication went down completely

I tried logging in just now and it just hangs on connecting.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    EU servers are down because of maintenance and server reset for raids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i dont understand why people get off on ddossing. what does it do for them? like where is the gratification
    For people running DDoS platforms:
    It gives them exposure, new customers - in short, business and money..

DDoS is normally sold as a service.

For people purchasing DDoS services to kill a site - it often gives competitive advantages (soiling competitors launch of a new product, for example).
    In cases like this, DDoS'ing games is usually just for lulz or by "passionate gamers" who think devs ruined their favorite game.

cant wait for these kids to get arrested

Its is happening again, Blizzard cannot expect their customer base to keep putting up with this crap, they need to start giving out refunds or adding free time to accounts.

We are paying for a service that is not being provided, why is not our problem.

Its these Rent-a-DDos attacks that are to blame

Nowadays you can buy yourself a few hours of shit from some fucking criminal gang just to make your tiny cock seem big so you can brag on twitter how you took down wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Its is happening again, Blizzard cannot expect their customer base to keep putting up with this crap, they need to start giving out refunds or adding free time to accounts.

We are paying for a service that is not being provided, why is not our problem.

Actually, if you read the WoW ToU properly you'd see this section:

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/wow_tou.html - Section VII

First and foremost, nothing in these rules will ever place a "duty" upon Blizzard Entertainment to reimburse you by providing experience credit for any experience lost for any reason, unless such loss was caused by Blizzard Entertainment's negligence. That being said, Blizzard Entertainment may, at its sole and absolute option, determine to reimburse experience lost by players in certain extreme and unusual situations. For instance, Blizzard Entertainment may decide to reimburse experience lost in the event of a catastrophic server failure. In no event is Blizzard Entertainment obligated to provide any monetary reimbursement or monetary credit.
    This is outside of their control, you can only mitigate against a DDoS attack but there is no real way to prevent fully stop this sort of attack, and Blizzard have no doubt implemented the best available DDoS protection considering the company size, therefore as per the section I underlined above - they are not being negligent and are under no obligation to issue refunds or any free game time.

If they decide to do anything, then its a good will gesture and would probably be welcomed, if they do not - well there will be the usual grumbling but again they arent obliged to.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelian View Post
    If they decide to do anything, then its a good will gesture and would probably be welcomed, if they do not - well there will be the usual grumbling but again they arent obliged to.
    They should do whatever they can to appease an angry player base tired of the DDoS attacks. Sure, maybe they aren't obligated to do so. But given all of the things they can and do take liberties with in game, add this on top and I can assure you there are lots of players that would be playing now but are not exactly because Blizzard is so dedicated to squeezing players for money. A small effort on Blizzard's part could go a long way. Instead of taking the high road as befits the premier MMO in category, Blizzard always does as little as possible - just enough to keep the cash cow gasping in the ICU.

Obviously, I could be totally wrong about this but I think Legion will fail, and fairly soon too. Blizzard's overall miserly attitude about literally everything about WoW just gets annoying. The fun is all nostalgia now, what is left is addiction. The current game bears little resemblance to the game we mean to be playing. One of my sticking points with WoW right now is the sub fee. I just can't do it on principle alone. I just won't. There is not enough left of the game as I enjoy it for them to get my money.

The same 3-5 million players that have played through the WoD disaster and content drought are the same people that are playing now. If others are being drug into it, its the usual early expansion hype. This shit will die fast and hard, and then it will be even worse than what happened at the end of WoD. I just don't know how many times people will fall for the same crap.

And sure, they could limp along with 1-3 million players for a long time. But the glory days of WoW are well behind us now. Well and truly.

And a lot of it is just their overall shitty attitude over what is owed to the players. Do people really not see that, plain as day?

The development practice it to take away and add very little. Give shitty design a new name and claim it isn't the same as the old thing. Legion is WoD v2, with some minor improvements. WoD was so appalling many of you are eager to give Blizzard extra slack for their myriad missteps.

Of course, there are many of us that are not so gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    they seem to get DDoS like every other day, seriously wtf?
    Its because its not hard to DDos a game....or to even just DDos. DDos is like a low level "hack".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    I like to think it's karma for the bad things blizzard has done to their playerbase.
    By punishing the playerbase? Blizzard won't lose much at all for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    By punishing the playerbase? Blizzard won't lose much at all for this.

They would if it affects their bottom line. Secondly it affects people with a "screw you,got mine" or "I'm alright jack" attitude because now they're not.

Who knows what the DoS attack is about and if that is even the real cause.