Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    According to ex employees (grain of salt) the management is pretty awful there. I'm putting my money on that for the exodus.
    Like I said anything could be true. Activision is prolly causing a mess in production making creative and skilled developers work under constraints and pressure and stress. No one likes a working enviroment like that. Especially not some one whos ideas put the game where it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the sells for legion must be beyond terrible if activision is firing so much staff inlucding all top heads - good maybe now the game will be better without them.
    You do realize they posted sales numbers previously and they were very strong?

People leave jobs all the time, yes its quite a few at one time so there very well may be more than meets the eye but the ship isn't sinking. All it means is that there will be fresh perspectives moving forward. That may or may not be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle80 View Post
    There must always be some sort of conspiracy theory about why people leaving and how legion sucks becuase of it

Metzen himself fcking retired he didnt 'leave'
    It's ignorant to not count out that he was "pushed" towards retirement. We see it all time with other executives where they have tenure and straight up firing someone looks bad so they go the route of "retirement" or "resignation". Too many people are beginning to exit the company to put his "retirement" as just that.

Notice how everyone leaving has been with the company for several expansions (notice they have been around during the bad ones). So it's not surprising that they decide to start cleaning house and get fresh young minds in to carry the game to the finish line.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    It's ignorant to not count out that he was "pushed" towards retirement. We see it all time with other executives where they have tenure and straight up firing someone looks bad so they go the route of "retirement" or "resignation". Too many people are beginning to exit the company to put his "retirement" as just that.
    we only have their claims the numbers are strong and no financial reports with official filings we can look at. Also, WOD was stellar at launch too and fell off rapidly.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    You do realize they posted sales numbers previously and they were very strong?

People leave jobs all the time, yes its quite a few at one time so there very well may be more than meets the eye but the ship isn't sinking. All it means is that there will be fresh perspectives moving forward. That may or may not be a good thing.
    People don't leave good jobs just for a change of scenery. People leave jobs for better jobs and if there's better jobs in gaming then blizzard then that says something about the company.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    MMO Champ, please stop posting about people who leave Blizzard, regardless of reasons.

It's apparently to hard for the teens to grasp that there are other reasons beyond WoW doing poorly for such actions.

And to the people who claim sinking ship, I recently started leveling a new character.... I havent met a single person over 2k achivement points going 1-77, aka they are all new or returning players. Legion gave WoW a very fresh breath of air, and it's showing.
    "Display Only Character Achievments to Others" Under social in the interface options.

Deleted
    Wow needs new blood. It needs ppl with fresh ideas and new ways of thinking. Believe me there are so many talented ppl in the industry and i am sure Blizz will find them in order to replace those who left. As for Metzen, i really respect the guy for the Warcraft universe he created but let's be honest. He was never a great storyteller

Maybe they already want to leave but didn't have the courage,but after seeing beloved figures of Blizzard leaving as well just encourage then.

honestly,there are Hundres of people working at Blizzard and more hundres that can be hired.Its sad that they leave but its a oportunity for fresh blood to rise up.

I wonder why some people are so desperate to see the Blizzard Ship sink,What good can ever come from this for you guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else not liking the lack of choice for purchasing seals? 7k of either resources or gold (or a combo of both)? The resources wouldnt be so bad except im still recouping from putting out 10k for the mission hall a couple days ago, but all that gold per seal? for a high chance of getting 30-46g when you use it?

Deleted
    Maybe one of the new ones hired actually plays a ret paladin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    People don't leave good jobs just for a change of scenery. People leave jobs for better jobs and if there's better jobs in gaming then blizzard then that says something about the company.
    Sure, its all speculation at this point unless one of them comes out staying truthfully why they left. Could it be activision bearing down, sure but we don't know any details other than that they're moving on. Perhaps they're tired of writing storylines/quests or development on the same game for 10+ years and they want to move onto something new. I've left great jobs before simply because I was bored and wanted to move on and try something new/different or to grow. Blizzard can be a great company and still lose people. People leave Apple and Google all the time to explore different/better/new opportunities.

Rerolls are way too expensive, especially in terms of class hall resources. The first one needs to be cheap, 500 not 1000 and then ramp up from there.

I noticed Shaman has a free weekly reroll from class hall but Warlock does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many conspiracy theories here. I don't get how people can become so cynical, even if someone leaving Blizzard gives their own personal reason, it becomes a matter of, "hidden executives behind the scenes made them quit!".

As if a change in scenery after working one place for years is a hard concept to grasp.

Metzen wearing a coat with alliance logo.
    I'm disappointed.
    No rly, I am.

I don't know which is worse, that people keep asking GC anything WoW related, or that with a straight face he keeps denouncing things that were his catastrophic babies like LFG/LFR. Guess he hopes people have short memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    People leave jobs for opportunities and yes, for a change of pace. I work in the insurance industry, and we have people from the executive level down to the front line claims handling level that will transfer to completely different companies because it's an opportunity. Sometimes, it's simply more money, sometimes it's an advancement they could not get otherwise. My site lead, who had been with the company for over 20 years, just left for a different company because it would put him one more step up on the executive ladder that he would have had to wait for years to do at my company due to no openings. While I've not changed companies, I have moved through various departments over the past 10 years purely for a change of scenery. It's not uncommon whatsoever in the business world, and especially in competitive industries, companies are scalping high level employees all the time.

They don't really pay well at Blizzard.

A friend of mine interviewed for a QA Manager position, and they were offering him close to 60% of what he was already making in his current position. He was confused and disappointed. Naturally he declined.

Deleted
    I am hitting 110 tomorrow with my main and the melee dps trinket sounds decent. Still it's only 810 though. Is it worth the token farming effort or can i get 810 trinkets easily somewhere else?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, with Legion the team gave all they had, their power is all bu expended now and they need to see it with mortal eyes....

If people are leaving blizzard for other opportunities at another gaming company, i think that speaks volumes about blizzard. Obviously things are going down on the inside when someone like metzen and a lead quest designer leave blizzard for something else.