Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So going off what we have:

The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    This obviously refers to Magni. I don't think anyone can dispute that. Are they referring to him becoming a "pawn" of Azeroth as her speaker, or (more likely) is N'zoth whispering in his ears and pretending to be Azeroth herself?

Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
    This is again fairly obvious. It refers to the five Pillars of Creation we've set out to collect. If the Pillars were used in the shaping of the world, including the cages of the Old Gods, then it would only make sense that they are capable of opening the prisons as well.

To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.
    My theory on this one is that it's actually referring to Illidan, who was killed and is now somewhere out in the Twisting Nether with his immortal demon soul. My guess would be that it isn't referencing a literal drowning, but something along the lines of being surrounded by stars, similar to how you are surrounded by water while drowning.

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you.
    Fairly certain this is Anduin. It says he lies to you, which is out of character for him, but to be fair it never says he knowingly lies to you. My guess would be that the whispers are referring to things like hope, peace, and prosperity as lies, which are all things that Anduin strongly believes in and attempts to pass on to the Horde and Alliance both through various means.

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
    Fairly certain that this one is Jaina. Theramore was her heart and has been turned into a literal crater. In addition, the hole in her heart has now been filled with hate. I fail to see how it could be Azeroth here, because the hole in Azeroth is filled with her own life-blood, which created the Well of Eternity, and this itself was shaped by the Titans so I doubt that this is what they're referring to.

The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    As far as I'm concerned, this is Khadgar. Medivh himself hasn't been seen or heard from outside of random bits of lore in comics in a long, long time. Ravencrest doesn't really make much sense since he comes to his senses at the end of Blackrook Hold, and I don't really see any other "lord of ravens" around. The whole "Gilneas is city of ravens" is such a ridiculous stretch, honestly. At this point, it's the city of wolves. Khadgar is the one who believes the Pillars of Creation (the aforementioned keys to opening the way) are the answer to stopping the Legion, and it would only make sense that he would accidentally open the way for N'zoth in his haste to stop the Legion invasion.

Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator.
    This is just a reference to the Curse of Flesh, because technically N'zoth is our "creator" since his Curse is what caused us to form into the races we currently are, when it comes to Human, Dwarf, and Gnome. Orcs are from another planet, the Elves are evolved from trolls, which were a natural life form, and the Draenei are called space goats for a reason. Perhaps the Tauren are descended from the Tol'vir in some way, but I think they're just referring to the current races that were once Titan-forged.

At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming.
    As for our newest quote, I still believe this is referring to Sylvanas. However, I'm not talking Sylvanas on the whole, but rather Sylvanas specifically as the Banshee Queen. If we refer to Sylvanas specifically after her rebirth as a banshee, she has only died twice in her current form of "life", which means that there is a possibility she may die a third time.

/tinfoil time here boys.

Magni is being strung along by N'zoth to connect with Khadgar and have Khadgar find the Pillars of Creation so he can unwittingly open the prison of N'zoth to the world. Anduin will try and preach about faith and hope and all that, which the Old Gods consider to be lies as they believe that chaos and death are the truths of the universe. Khadgar will be the one to open the way with the Pillars, and my guess is that somewhere along the way Jaina and Sylvanas come into conflict because of Jaina's hatred and mistrust of the Horde after the Broken Shore. This will end in a situation where Sylvanas willingly gives her life for Khadgar to be able to use the Pillars, and in that moment her death will usher the coming of N'zoth. Because we can't have Warchief Musical Chairs going on forever, this noble sacrifice will lead to Sylvanas gaining control over the Valk'yr and thus her redemption and the continuation of the Forsaken as a race and she will use her newfound powers to help combat N'zoth.

[Edit] An important thing to note is that during the War of the Ancients, the Old Gods were trying to use the portal in the Well of Eternity as a way to escape their prisons as well. Azerothian magic combined with Legion portal technology has been a potent combination before that could have released the Old Gods, had the Dragon Soul not been taken away from the Well. This is the same potent combination: the Pillars of Creation from Azeroth combined with the portal at the Tomb of Sargeras, consisting of the fel energy of the Burning Legion. The same circumstances are in effect as they were the last time their prisons were nearly unlocked quite by accident.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2016-09-21 at 11:41 AM. Reason: More tinfoil!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirox View Post

6. "The lord of ravens will turn the key."
    Seems to link up with the other ones, Khadgar has the pillars, seems to imply Khadgar will open the old gods prisons.

Seems to me like Khadgar by using the pillars to close the Tomb will release Nzoth without knowing.

If "the boy-king" references Anduin, then he does not have to consciously lie. He is still naive, so it is possible that he will believe the lies from someone else and pass them onwards. Just because they are wrong does not means he knows they are wrong. Anduin has been manipulated/surroundes throughout his life by Old God worshippers. Him as their unwitting pawn would not be unusual.

This is particularly true if Jaina is the one in the heart quote. She has become so blinded by hate that she is irrational enough to, also, be an unwitting Old God pawn, and Anduin would believe almost anything rational that comes from Auntie Jaina.

Deleted
    Or maybe Blizzard is just screwing with you and all of this is just a red herring, random gibberish intended to sow distrust among adventurers. Wouldn't put that past them.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Five keys = the 5 pillars of creation, could be. In that case we get the last one in the Nighthold which could mean there's some heavy Old God stuff coming in the future content patches. Also, the lord of ravens turning the key could eassily be Khadgar doing something to the pillars that triggers whatever comes next.

Side note: This is fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    The Void Lords (since rumor has it they are part of a single entity)?
    ? source ?

Deleted
    I think the "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you. " is Anduin. The keyword here is offer. Lie being false idea. He doesn't tell lies, he offers something to factions that the Old Gods see as false/wrong.

Anduin doens't lie to us, he offers us wrong ideologys from Old Gods perspective. Things Old Gods don't want.

1. Peace
    Anduins core element is his passion for peace. It's always been. And N'zoth doesn't want faction piece now, when he is (presumably) so close to breaking from prison. Last proper faction-war was in MoP, and it ended with Hearth of an Old God destroying sacred Vale and such. Peace would mean that Factions will fight against N'zoth together, not divided.

2. Light
    This is a given since boy-king is priest. And opposite of Light is Void, and Old Gods are beings of Void. Light is basically a false religion from N'zoths perspective.

3. ?
    This I have yet to figure out. Could be something from future patch maybe? Please tell if any of you can think of 3rd lie of Anduin.

Anduin fanboys can rest easy, he isn't a dreadlord.

Lord of Raven's being Medivh/Khadgar isn't likely. They turn into raven sure, but thats it. It's plural, so there's many ravens.
    **TINFOIL**
    Lord of ravens is Nathanos Blightcaller (I know this is highly unlikely). Ravens are often seen as symbolism of death. Sylvanas could be seen as Queen of ravens then maybe possibly? Val'kyr even have wings to be sort of birds. This would make Nathanos the Lord of Ravens. Him turning the key isn't making sense to me. Keys open things. Would him opening 'key' mean he allows N'zoth's return then? or is

I just thought of two people that the third death could refer to other than Sylvanas. One literal: Aegwynn, one figurative: Jaina.

Aegwynn has died twice already in lore. Once in the past (though this is more of a disappearance, but she was considered dead), and then more currentlt while living with Jaina. She is a former Guardian, and, like her husband and Alodi, could have tied her spirit to something that allows her to manifest. Destroying her spirit would be a third death in canon.

Jaina is a little more figurative, and plays to the crater line theory. First, part of her died with Arthas. She had loved him even after his betrayals, and, effectively, part of her died with him. Second, her hopes and dreams dies with Theramore. Those events left her heart a shattered crater ripe for filling with hate and vengeance.

I can see Aegwynn more than Jaina though. Though Jaina's death would not be bad considering how bad her character has become.

Deleted
    It just came to me what if the Lord of the Ravens is Odyn he has his ravens around as Havi.

7+ Year Old Account
    Assuming that any of this turns out to be true (and of course, since it is old god minion whispers, some or none will not), I believe the Boy-King will be Wrathion rather than Anduin. Anduin is too obvious, and Wrathion's story from Cata to Mists was one of arrogance, self-importance and a general air of chaos: just the kind of character that could go down a wrong path, as his illustrious progenitor did. It may well be why Abyssian was introduced -- a black dragon who is truly free from Old God evil, or at least a black dragon who was strong enough to resist the urge to turn to their side.

As for the other whispers: about the crater. Yes, I fear that may refer to Azeroth rather than to Jaina. However, it doesn't have to mean that she is already corrupted, simply that the stakes are very high. Which we knew already. I mean, even as far back as the War of the Ancients books it was a fact that there was an Old God presence in the Well, and those books were written long before the lore was even set in stone. But recall how the whole point of those books was that the Old Gods were screwing with the timelines, and how when finally Nozdormu got to the source of the matter, it turned out to be centered in the Well of Eternity. We know now that N'Zoth's was prison deep, deep down there and the Sundering, which turned the Well into the Maelstrom, shook the prison loose.

Jaina is a little more figurative, and plays to the crater line theory. First, part of her died with Arthas. She had loved him even after his betrayals, and, effectively, part of her died with him. Second, her hopes and dreams dies with Theramore. Those events left her heart a shattered crater ripe for filling with hate and vengeance.
    Arthas is a stretch and furthermore *spoiler* Jaina literally died (or was very near death, I forget) in War Crimes

that fits much better, if its Jaina

but it could be Sylvanas or someone else too

Quote Originally Posted by Anathel View Post
    It just came to me what if the Lord of the Ravens is Odyn he has his ravens around as Havi.
    That's a good catch. They don't seem to be very important right now, but as far as I remember Odin in mythology has been called something like God or Lord of Ravens. And, since right now he is probably the mightiest titanic watcher on Azeroth, and still has spark of Aman'Thul within him. He might turn out to be more important in the grand scheme than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    That's a good catch. They don't seem to be very important right now, but as far as I remember Odin in mythology has been called something like God or Lord of Ravens. And, since right now he is probably the mightiest titanic watcher on Azeroth, and still has spark of Aman'Thul within him. He might turn out to be more important in the grand scheme than we think.
    His story is supposed to finish in 7.1 with the Helya raid though.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anathel View Post
    They just don't feel important enough to be a part of a "prophecy", let alone one that from the looks of it tells about the next march of the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    His story is supposed to finish in 7.1 with the Helya raid though.
    But in the germanic mythology Odin is also called the "raven-god".

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    This is just a reference to the Curse of Flesh, because technically N'zoth is our "creator" since his Curse is what caused us to form into the races we currently are
    But wasn't Yogg the one who created the curse and also started corrupting the Emerald Dream ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmurda View Post
    But in the germanic mythology Odin is also called the "raven-god".
    Scandinavian. But the point was that Trial was announced as the end of the Odyn and Helya storylines. Now he could do something in that raid that would lead to N'zoth's release, but saying "in the future" in the original quote does not really apply considering.

10+ Year Old Account
    having the pillars actually be a prison key would be a sweet plot twist!

i wonder what legion would do if an old god pops up seeing how old gods are part of the reason sarg wants to destroy all life. as long as they dont do a iron horde bullshit move and be like 'we on yous side now!' and team up to fight the old god with us..ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    Yogg-Saron's visions?

Yogg-Saron puzzle box?
    Still just lies, riddles and indirect prophecizing. They can't be trusted, and they're good at making themselves sound honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tsyko View Post
    But wasn't Yogg the one who created the curse and also started corrupting the Emerald Dream ?
    Yes. Curse of flesh and the nightmare is Yogg's doing.

People think Yogg-Saron is dead for good too. We killed a corporeal manifestation of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    So, I haven't been in the Emeral Nightmare yet because I live in the EU and still have to wait a few hours. However, Il'gynoth, one of the bosses in Emerald Nightmare does the whole Old God whisper thingy. He has some interesting lines (courtesy of NeoGAF):

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

So... Thoughts?
    If I understand that correctly... it seems like Magni (king of diamonds) is not talking to Azeroth, but instead is talking to either N'zoth or one of his minions. And the five keys I understand are the Pillars of Creation, which actually seem to be the key to N'zoths prison (which would also explain why Azshara is seeking them, since she is an ally of the Old Gods). The last line I would attribute to Jaina. Which also doesn't bode well.

Any other whispers from him?

Edit:
    Added the last two.
    Having the whispers be about Magni, Anduin, Jaina, and Khadgar makes the most sense since those characters are titan-forged afflicted with the Curse of Flesh.

Drak'thul says some interesting stuff likely related to all of this. Drak'thul states he is waiting for the day the darkness(Void) will finally consume him. He says this in the language of the Old Gods.

"Athu'gag magg'naggwa.
    Qor'naus'agth lwhuk.
    Lilth gag'huqth'hoq."

translated by a wowhead user.

"[Your] World will suffer unending.
    Endless hunger shall devour.
    You(?) will sate me."

It seems that using the 5 pillars will shatter N'Zoth's prison, setting him free.
    Last edited by Night Wind; 2016-09-21 at 01:07 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)