Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

RETS - Emerald Nightmare

Did anyone else go to Emerald Nightmare tonight and fall short of being competitive with DPS ? it was pretty brutal

At least I was above the tanks every fight. Barely. So I have that going for me.

And the other dps seemed to love having GBoM.

Not sure if I have any other positives.
    Last edited by Astralli; 2016-09-21 at 09:03 PM.

It was okay. Did about what I expected. Nothing to write home about but still valid enough to have been there.

I still haven't had a chance to do so yet, but I do fear the result. I'm usually #1 in Mythics, but those fights are so short and bursty compared to raid bosses. I'd be very surprised if I'm not bottom of the barrel on most raid bosses.

Quick question in that regard: How is the movement in there? Do we need 2x steed? I'm really fond of the auto-bubble, but I'll pass on it if we require extra movement to maintain our DPS uptime.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondivine View Post
    Did anyone else go to Emerald Nightmare tonight and fall short of being competitive with DPS ? it was pretty brutal
    I topped on Nythendra and 2nd on Ursoc. Pretty happy with my single target burn. Low on spider boss but gotta run out that venom zzz

Deleted
    lol atleast there are a couple of rets in good positions on damage meters.

Now imagine you were a pure dps class. A class with 3 dps speccs. A class that can't heal nor tank. A class that only can do dps.
    Now imagine you would suck balls worse than other classes. Imagine you are in the bottom third of each damage meter in a raid.
    Imagine blizzard saying they want to wait for damage balancing.
    Now imagine you even get nerfed with 7.1

Now welcome to the hell that Warlocks are in.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    Now welcome to the hell that Warlocks are in.
    Sounds like bad warlocks. Ours are doing fairly solid dps. mid to top of the pack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Sounds like bad warlocks. Ours are doing fairly solid dps. mid to top of the pack.
    I haven't raided yet. Take a look at logs mate.

I am not talking about a few bad warlocks. I am talking about the whole fucking world. Take a look. Go on.

If your warlocks are doing good in your raid then your raid is trash. That is the truth.

Now imagine you were a pure dps class. A class with 3 dps speccs. A class that can't heal nor tank. A class that only can do dps.
    Blizzard - rightfully - stopped making a distinction between hybrids and pure DPS almost a decade ago. It is incredibly stupid and a poor game design to punish a spec because of things that they can do if they were playing a different spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Blizzard - rightfully - stopped making a distinction between hybrids and pure DPS almost a decade ago. It is incredibly stupid and a poor game design to punish a spec because of things that they can do if they were playing a different spec.
    I agree with you !

I think Rets should do as much damage as pure dps class. I completely agree. I think hybrids (elemental, boomkin, rets, etc. etc.) all should do as much damage as mages/rogues etc.

But just imagine you have 3 damage oriented specs and they are all pretty bad. What are the odds huh. Warlocks are the worst pure dps class and they are worse than most hybrid classes. I don't want to be the best class in the game, but I want to be competitive. I want people to like bringing warlocks to raids and not say "nah warlocks are shit. no damage. you can't come with us in mythic raid".

Same story for elemental. They are a hybrid dps class and they suck mayor ass aswell. They are even worse than warlocks and they should be buffed too.

Deleted
    I agree with you !

I think Rets should do as much damage as pure dps class. I completely agree. I think hybrids (elemental, boomkin, rets, etc. etc.) all should do as much damage as mages/rogues etc.

But just imagine you have 3 damage oriented specs and they are all pretty bad. What are the odds huh. Warlocks are the worst pure dps class and they are worse than most hybrid classes. I don't want to be the best class in the game, but I want to be competitive. I want people to like bringing warlocks to raids and not say "nah warlocks are shit. no damage. you can't come with us in mythic raid".

Same story for elemental. They are a hybrid dps class and they suck mayor ass aswell. They are even worse than warlocks and they should be buffed too.
    now imagine you got fucked in 4 out of 5 expansions. once you get close to this be my guest and come commiserating with us 4/5 rets. Wl sucks ball atm but it won´t stay that way but in the meantime this is a ret thread so if you please?

Back on topic the rets with parses do they use the 2p bonus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    now imagine you got fucked in 4 out of 5 expansions. once you get close to this be my guest and come commiserating with us 4/5 rets. Wl sucks ball atm but it won´t stay that way but in the meantime this is a ret thread so if you please?

Back on topic the rets with parses do they use the 2p bonus?
    I played Ret in Vanilla, BC and WOTLK ! (as my main)

Vanilla Ret were the most shafted in the history of WoW. Cast Seal of Command and auto attack for 30 seconds.

I played Ret in Vanilla, BC and WOTLK ! (as my main)

Vanilla Ret were the most shafted in the history of WoW. Cast Seal of Command and auto attack for 30 seconds.
    WRONG!

Seal of the Crusader -> Judge -> Seal of Command -> Judge -> recast seal of command up to the point when Judgement of the Crusader fades from the target

That was the correct "rotation" of ret paladins back in those days.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    WRONG!

Seal of the Crusader -> Judge -> Seal of Command -> Judge -> recast seal of command up to the point when Judgement of the Crusader fades from the target

come together children granddad is telling stories of when he was young again.

Deleted
    WRONG!

daaaaaaaaaaamn you are one of those guys that don't get humor.

Should've used my sarcasm sign.

Did 200-230k+ on progression was in the top 3 all night on heroic. Can't tell if you guys are doing it wrong or if my guildies are doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed I was competitive with single tar, was in top 5 most fights and first on bear, but once you added in target swaps and adds, it killed my dps.
    Live Streaming TBC Classic - Narikaah/Naarikah Resto Shaman and Resto Druid POV - https://www.twitch.tv/lorelya2

Logs -
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/59848781# - RESTO SHAMAN main
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/cha...98#bybracket=1 - RESTO DRUID alt

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyvixen View Post
    I noticed I was competitive with single tar, was in top 5 most fights and first on bear, but once you added in target swaps and adds, it killed my dps.
    Yeah I logged 97th % on Nythendra, 90 on Ursoc. Dropped to around 80 on illy and ele though. Single target burn is strong but thats about all

WRONG!

Seal of the Crusader -> Judge
    ... and then you pushed Sunder Armor off the debuff stack. Oops!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I was pretty happy with the 267K I did on Ursoc last night. Had 19 points in artifact, and it was 866 IL. My item level on kill was 849.

https://imgur.com/DNjw22t

Our single target is in a pretty good place, but our AOE is definitely lacking. The occasional well timed sacrifices on progression help too, if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Freyja Lawson; 2016-09-21 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Sacrifices!