Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

New loot addon = cancer

Starting this week I've seen some people on mythics using an addon that notifies on party chat if people can trade the loot or not. I got a random 850 trinket wich was pretty good for my offspec, then people started bitching on me because the addon told them that the trinket wasn't an upgrade and I didn't want to trade it, then they kicked me from the group. I seriously don't understand why shit like this exists.

Deleted
    The Addon is just an addon that assists people, the people demanding your loot and kicking you are the issue at hand.

The addon has nothing to do with the situation. People can see loot drops anyways and it won't stop gear hungry people from trying to worm it outta people.

The problem is people demanding that you trade YOUR loot or else you'll get kicked.

If it counts only itemlevel as an upgrade, i will agree that it is a complete cancer.
    Still people behave even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need someone to make an addon that does the same thing except for gold. When they loot gold, it tells the group that person already has too much and should give it to me.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Technically Personal Loot is the cancer, this is just a horrible symptom of it.

Most likely "Personal Loot Helper"

The addon is not the problem, the community is. If you say "Sorry, going to keep it for my other spec" they should leave it alone. You just happened to run into jerks.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allaria View Post
    The Addon is just an addon that assists people, the people demanding your loot and kicking you are the issue at hand.
    Why does the addon need to exist if its sole purpose is to give loot whores an easier means to harass their groupmates? Mythic dungeons are still personal loot, right? Personal means the drop is MINE unless I determine I don't need it. Loot whores didn't give it to me. RNG need/greed rolls didn't give it to me. It wouldn't exist for any of the other 4 players if it hadn't dropped for ME in my PERSONAL loot.

So what is the benefit of the addon, then? It's true that the assholes in the group are the problem, but the addon is helping them to be bigger assholes. So I'd say it still qualifies as "cancer".
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    The addon has nothing to do with the situation. People can see loot drops anyways and it won't stop gear hungry people from trying to worm it outta people.

The problem is people demanding that you trade YOUR loot or else you'll get kicked.
    It makes the problem worse though, if they don't have the addon you can just say it's an upgrade and most of the time they'll stop bitching, now the addon TELLS them that the item is not an upgrade, even if it its (because of ilvl)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Why does the addon need to exist if its sole purpose is to give loot whores an easier means to harass their groupmates? Mythic dungeons are still personal loot, right? Personal means the drop is MINE unless I determine I don't need it. Loot whores didn't give it to me. RNG need/greed rolls didn't give it to me. It wouldn't exist for any of the other 4 players if it hadn't dropped for ME in my PERSONAL loot.

So what is the benefit of the addon, then? It's true that the assholes in the group are the problem, but the addon is helping them to be bigger assholes. So I'd say it still qualifies as "cancer".
    It's useful for guild groups. Seeing as guildies would be helping get each other geared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    What addon is this?
    personal loot helper - mods.curse.com/addons/wow/personal-loot-helper

i have found/find it useful when first hitting 110. I can see how it would get annoying when pugging mythics.
    That being said - as with all things that require interacting with "other people" - your mileage may vary.

Don't join pugs.

You act like this wouldnt happen without the addon.

I love personal loot, but honestly I kinda want them to make "trading items" specific to Raiding, it's been annoying in dungeons so far and the abuse of the system is real (leather groups etc). But in turn they need to drop a bit more loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Starting this week I've seen some people on mythics using an addon that notifies on party chat if people can trade the loot or not. I got a random 850 trinket wich was pretty good for my offspec, then people started bitching on me because the addon told them that the trinket wasn't an upgrade and I didn't want to trade it, then they kicked me from the group. I seriously don't understand why shit like this exists.
    I was in a run where an Int trinket that was great for my Resto offspec dropped for someone and they offered it up. I said I'd take it, but the Pally tank interrupted calling me a liar and saying he has an addon that alerts in chat if it's better for someone and it didn't say that for me. At the time I didn't know what he meant so I had no real argument, and as it turned out the guy who offered the trinket was guildies with that Pally and never gave me the trinket.

I'd say it's the problem of the people.
    Last edited by Lionhearte0; 2016-09-21 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    I've seen that. Luckily, while I've met many people asking to trade, they've all been ok with being told that they can't have it. I'm also perfectly fine with trading something I really don't need.

Same thing as gearscore. It's a useful thing in theory, but some people will be assholes about it. I don't think addons like this are a good thing.

As I use this addon, and don't need ANYTHING from any heroics anymore, when I get a drop, it tells me who it is good for and I can trade without having to ask and wait for a response.

Greedy loot whores will be Greedy, regardless of an addon. The people who use this to just berate people to give them gear will NOT have any problem with inspecting you. So please tell me how this addon changes ANYTHING.

Deleted
    I think the biggest issue is still with people who don't understand they can pass on loot, or don't want to because it's worth gold, however, this shouldn't be a problem in mythics since you choose your own group. As for the addon, I don't see the problem, even if how people may use it is.

Why does the addon need to exist if its sole purpose is to give loot whores an easier means to harass their groupmates? Mythic dungeons are still personal loot, right?

Well, for Guild runs it's kinda handy to have a list of people who can use a drop, sometimes I kinda zone out and don't even think about someone else needing an item. So it's handy for people to see a reminder that someone else could use it.

With that said, it is a problem if folks are going to hold people hostage over it. Which is kinda what I figured would happen with it. It would be interesting to see if someone can create a counter add-on that blocks it. I thought there was a counter add-on for Gearscore at one point