Page 40 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm regretting switching to WW for this expansion. After being on top as druid in HFC and now I'm at the bottom of my guild in EN tonight. That nerf is pathetic. Our two demon hunters were top dps on any fight with adds and on ST I was at the very bottom. Ugh. Who gives a fuck how good we were in some 5 mans?
    Looking at Warcraft Logs, you should definitely be able to match DHs in all but two of the fights in EN. This sounds like you just need to assess your own play.

fast qeustion, ilvl of relic > his perk?
    if i have +20% FOF 835, and 6% hp reg. after teleport but 840, wha relic will be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Votetobicyxa View Post
    fast qeustion, ilvl of relic > his perk?
    if i have +20% FOF 835, and 6% hp reg. after teleport but 840, wha relic will be better?
    Fists of the Wind
    Power of a Thousand Cranes (+3 ilvl) (AOE only)
    Rising Winds (+4 ilvl)
    Strength of Xuen (+7 ilvl)
    Tiger Claws (+8 ilvl)
    Inner Peace (+9 ilvl)
    Everything else (+16 ilvl)
    according to walking the wind, you should follow the priority above. So FoF relic is king unless the other relics are that Ilvl above your FoF relic

Deleted
    All this nerf does is it weeds out all the fotm rerollers, which is a good thing. I don't neceserly think one class should be so much ahead in one field, even if it's just speed trash cleaning.
    It leaves a bad taste of being too overpowered.
    What I don't agree with is leaving the nerf all up until the first raid day, they should have nerfd us a week or two ago, to let people adjust and get used to the slightly altered gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Powzinga View Post
    Anyone noticed that fist of fury sometimes stop channeling at start of animation, make one hit and then stop. Pretty major issue for me, especialy when it stop channeling at oppener.
    I dont see anyone complain about it, bit i cant be only one.
    The reason to it could be mobs becoming controlled. For example, hunter's Barrage (channeling aoe) stops when mobs get stunned with Binding Shot (area stun). Could be same mechanic for FoF. Maybe only certain control abilites cause that channeling cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    according to walking the wind, you should follow the priority above. So FoF relic is king unless the other relics are that Ilvl above your FoF relic
    The ilvl the relic provides to the weapon is what that chart is based on. So an 840 Rising Winds < 835 Fists of the Wind because it probably only provides 1 or 2 ilvl to the weapon.

I'm regretting switching to WW for this expansion. After being on top as druid in HFC and now I'm at the bottom of my guild in EN tonight. That nerf is pathetic. Our two demon hunters were top dps on any fight with adds and on ST I was at the very bottom. Ugh. Who gives a fuck how good we were in some 5 mans?
    Please explain how the nerf had an effect on Single Target bosses.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Wait, when did the Strike nerf go in? Doesn't seem like it to me but I could be wrong.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had the opposite situation. We cleared 5 bosses and I was actually surprised how well I did relative to the others in my raid. I may not have been at the top, but I wasn't very far down on any fight. I was keeping up with or passing our DH on most fights and on single target I was near the top with Serenity. I went in rather concerned about being able to keep up and left feeling pretty good, specially since I had done almost no preparation for any of the fights.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Please explain how the nerf had an effect on Single Target bosses.
    I never said it did. What I'm saying is we're not strong ST, we had aoe going for us and that was gutted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I had the opposite situation. We cleared 5 bosses and I was actually surprised how well I did relative to the others in my raid. I may not have been at the top, but I wasn't very far down on any fight. I was keeping up with or passing our DH on most fights and on single target I was near the top with Serenity. I went in rather concerned about being able to keep up and left feeling pretty good, specially since I had done almost no preparation for any of the fights.
    I'm too lazy to start over so I'll stick with it. Managed to get a couple purple ranks but I'm used to being orange and in top 50 world. I probably just suck at monk but I was killing it last week in dungeons beating my guildies but I knew and was a bit concerned about beating them come raid time.

I never said it did. What I'm saying is we're not strong ST, we had aoe going for us and that was gutted.
    We are still above the rest in AoE...

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    We are still above the rest in AoE...
    Demon hunters and hunters were beating me.

Demon hunters and hunters were beating me.
    Im with you on this. Hunters were owning the logs both ST and AoE. I wasn't even in the top 5 on AoE pulls. Some pulls I was, some I was #1 but for the most part other classes such as the Hunter destroyed everybody. MM hunters are doing extremely well right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Is Serenity better than Whirling Dragon? IV still claims WDP is better than Serenity, but I've heard a few people talking up Serenity in here over the last few days... I think I'm WW MS now, with Brew and MW OS.

The Sotwl nerf is fine, I expected that. However, I feel like they went a bit overkill. The ability is very unsatisfying now and boringly bland, it's barely worth even using anymore in AOE scenarios. I wish they'd remove the slow component and add something worthwhile, like putting SCK buff on all targets hit, make targets take a little extra damage for 10secs or something like that.

They could have at least fixed many of our numerous bugs before nerfing our artifact ability to such an extent the very day raids start.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm too lazy to start over so I'll stick with it. Managed to get a couple purple ranks but I'm used to being orange and in top 50 world. I probably just suck at monk but I was killing it last week in dungeons beating my guildies but I knew and was a bit concerned about beating them come raid time.
    Well, the WCL percentiles are based against your class, so if you're getting purple when you used to get orange, that just means that you're slightly worse than you used to be compared to other WW monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    Is Serenity better than Whirling Dragon? IV still claims WDP is better than Serenity, but I've heard a few people talking up Serenity in here over the last few days... I think I'm WW MS now, with Brew and MW OS.
    Serenity CAN be better but is very punishing for mistakes. The reason IV and my site recommend WDP is that the vast majority of players will do better DPS with WDP than Serenity. I personally find Serenity incredibly difficult to use. However, thats because I can recognize my mistakes almost instantly (since I wrote all the guides) whereas someone else may not even know they could have done more with WDP so they just say Serenity is better.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Which potion are we using? Some of my raiders last night were using Potion of the Old War and it was top 3 of their damage on the fight. However, I remember reading somewhere that if you use SEF then Old War doesn't work well with it. Do we have a consensus yet on Old War vs Deadly Grace?

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    Which potion are we using? Some of my raiders last night were using Potion of the Old War and it was top 3 of their damage on the fight. However, I remember reading somewhere that if you use SEF then Old War doesn't work well with it. Do we have a consensus yet on Old War vs Deadly Grace?
    Old War is better with Serenity and Deadly Grace is better with SEF.

Hotfix today:

(Windwalker) The artifact trait Tornado Kicks should now benefit from Mastery: Combo Strikes.

Nice buff to tornado kicks