Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As a DK, very much so. The class identity is as strong as ever, and lorewise it feels like we are ultimately part of a separate faction.

Art by draken4o

Deleted
    Well as a paladin i got to relive the experience i have at work (lower management-style).

You get to send your band of jolly misfits on missions, just to see them utterly fail and get captured. Then you swoop in, save them and get shit done right.
    In the end you get to go help out the priests and receive a powerhouse (only by lore) follower; which is nice.

Didn't really expect anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaia View Post
    Are you kidding me? Nothing happens in the priest campaign?
    We learn that the Burning Legion is going to attack Netherlight Temple so we go to the Paladin class order and ask them to help serve the light and fight them. You get back to your class hall being invaded by demons, very much like the Exodar event, eventually fighting the Dreadlord Balnazzar.

I mean...nevermind, we just pick up priest NPC's.
    We go around collecting priests. A gnome has a vision. Zabra Hexx makes a mojo cocktail. Velen drinks it and can enter gnome's brain. Balnazaar is gonna attack. We ask the Paladins to help and rescue some Paladins in a legion portal world. Then we fight Balnazaar and the Army of the Light intervenes.

It was fairly weak IMO, and I'm comparing it to my other main a Shaman which I thought was really enjoyable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Well as a paladin i got to relive the experience i have at work (lower management-style).

You get to send your band of jolly misfits on missions, just to see them utterly fail and get captured. Then you swoop in, save them and get shit done right.
    In the end you get to go help out the priests and receive a powerhouse (only by lore) follower; which is nice.

Didn't really expect anything more.
    From the Priest's perspective, it's us who have to rescue you guys with the help of Aponi because you're all incompetent or something c:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    From the Priest's perspective, it's us who have to rescue you guys with the help of Aponi because you're all incompetent or something c:
    Aponi is pretty much the most incompetent of the followers. She besieges a legion portal and is then surprised by the portal opening... I mean what the hell did she expect? Then she even has the idea to write a journal about it instead of fighting the legion.

Isn't it more like we were there in the 1st place because you came to ask us to be there? Does Lothraxion also show up in your campaign?

The DK story was fucking awesome. I wish the 4th would have worked out as originally planned.

Nope..

"OMG we have to recover teh ashbringer from the legion it's such a important weapon"
    "Hey it's Belnazar and he laid a trap for you, haha he's going to kill you, but the ashbringer saves you"
    "You must become the ashbringer"

The Ashbringer is never again mentioned or referenced in the game, let alone the class hall quest outside of a demon who becomes attackable when he's the world quest in Azsuna when he yells "you think that sword is going to save you"

The class hall quest shifts from You're the new High Lord you must become the ashbringer to you're just some guy who's taking a back seat to Arator who they hint at might be another chosen one, special slap in the face to ret paladins next to the ashbringer might as well be a gas powered stick with a paper plate taped to the end, Arator has better mobility with a holy heroic leap. You save a holy dread lord, make a Night elf a paladin, and the army of light does everything, then Velen is here because while perparing to go home he then decided not to so he can get attacked by the legion

The worst part is the ashbringer has nothing to do with anything aside from the quest where you get the sword, it feels like "this is something people wanted, we need subs back so just give them the ashbringer cause it's cool" AFTER the campaign was fleshed out. They couldn't think of a way to work the ashbringer into the story so they put a holy dread lord that is holy "just because". It's very clear this is the case, when you first confront Balnazzar at the beginning the sword saves you and he's pissed at you and the sword. The climax he couldn't give any less of a fuck that you were there or that you have the ashbringer, which if you put the whole AP spending in terms of lore a more attuned to you and powerful ashbringer.

While there you become overwhelmed (not really but plot reasons)

So this campaign starts with you being told you to "become the ashbringer". This quest unlocks the 3rd relic, lore wise could be it's "true potential" so how about some scene mimicing the climax of the arthas fight, or something like Tirion and or Uther's ghost save you..something to show you're becoming "The ashbringer" unlocking that 3rd relic slot. NOPE! Holy spaceship comes and a holy dreadlord punches Belnazar in the face while you tickle his tootsies with a cardboard cosplay replica of the ashbringer

Bonus "lolwut" part You have to save the priest class hall and velen from the legion, even though Velen hates you and is leaving, but first you need to get 30 Bloods, do a bunch of world quests and 5 12 hour missions, but this is something of utmost importance that must be addressed before it's too late, yet not that late I mean the legion will wait..but it's important so..yeah... And what are all these things I HAD to get used for...fuck if I know.

Then after all of that the speech at the end the ashbringer is referenced to as some generic weapon, I could have had a wooden training sword equiped and they would have been equally excited

When they do try to shoehorn in lore for the Ashbringer it's rehashing some old internet rumors about how to get it for a skin thats just a bunch of completely random busy work that has nothing to do with the current lore
    Last edited by Sabii; 2016-09-21 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I've only completed the shaman class story and I have to say I thought the whole thing was fucking cool. I felt like a super shaman by the end of it. Not only that but I now have Rehgar Earthfury as my bodyguard now and makes questing so much more enjoyable knowing that I have my fellow shaman bro with me. It does a really good job at making you feel like you're truly a leader of the Earthen Ring and of all shamans really.
    I feel the same about Mage. Having Calecgos as a follower along with Archmage Vargoth is kinda cool, and I have Milhouse Manastorm currently accompanying me, so we ride around on our sabercats working on the subversion of the Suramar regime. One of the few gnomes I like in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I feel the same about Mage. Having Calecgos as a follower along with Archmage Vargoth is kinda cool, and I have Milhouse Manastorm currently accompanying me, so we ride around on our sabercats working on the subversion of the Suramar regime. One of the few gnomes I like in this game.
    Warriors get... some random Iron Dwarf with no backstory.

World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Positive Aspects of the Priest Campaign/Order Hall (Subjective):
    • Light's Heart chain feels more geared towards us because of Velen and his relationship with the Light
    • Someone thankfully remembered Moira is a priest
    • Working along side the Paladins, reinforcing the idea that 'In the Light, we are one'
    • A compact Order Hall makes it easy to find everything

Negative Aspects of the Priest Campaign/Order Hall (Subjective)
    • Very few well known characters are priests which forced them to use some kinda 'meh' characters or ones we had zero connection to
    • Very poor representation from some of the races in the class hall. No worgens, no goblins, no named blood elves, barely any soul-binder draenei
    • Our Order hall is less ornate and way more 'draenei' centric in architecture and it feels less fleshed out than say, the shaman, druid or mage ones
    • We should have folded the entire Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught into our ranks, not just a few heretics among them. The shaman make peace with the damn elemental lords, for crying out loud.
    • A combined campaign with Paladins and basically waiting for Lothraxion to show up, who is a PALADIN champion made me feel like the only capable member of my own order.

Overall, I felt 'meh' about the priest campaign and the order hall in general. That being said, I love priests and paladins in the game and I find 'the Light' to be a fascinating concept, but mostly in how it relates to people who identify as paladins. I might have had a better time if I had decided to go Holy Pally this expac. Ah well, maybe next tier.

I have also done some of the Druid campaign and I actually kinda feel this one was a bit 'lolwut'? Beautiful order hall but I went from like 103 to 110 with nothing to do because they front loaded a bunch of dungeon fetch quests and then I got all the rest of the quests at like 110. Not sure if I was bugged or that's how it plays out and now it feels kind of 'well no shit' because Malorne showed up and is telling me he's ALSO caught in the Emerald Nightmare and it's all up to me now. Yeah, you uh, you people knew in Cata that the nightmare was for sure a thing. At this point I feel like they know there's a problem and they've just been going to sleep anyway thinking 'lol hope I dun get stuck. cat is 4 fite'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Aponi is pretty much the most incompetent of the followers. She besieges a legion portal and is then surprised by the portal opening... I mean what the hell did she expect? Then she even has the idea to write a journal about it instead of fighting the legion.

Isn't it more like we were there in the 1st place because you came to ask us to be there? Does Lothraxion also show up in your campaign?
    Yeah Lothraxion shows up and has a boxing contest with Balnazaar then leaves with the Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Nothing happened in the priest campaign for anyone curious. Absolutely nothing. You go around picking up priest NPCs and that is it.
    This is not true.

We also had to beg the paladins to come save us.
    Priest class fantasy, I think Blizzard really really nailed it
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Does she still show up in your class hall surrounded by critters? I can't deactivate her if that goes.
    She stands literally next to the mission table. She's quiet tho.

priest story is ok
    warrior story is ok

Quote Originally Posted by Slyph View Post

DH: Easily my favorite. We full on Gurren Lagaan that shit. Steal a demon space ship, go and get order's from Kamina/Illidan's soul, get threatained by Kiljaiden/The Anti-spiral, tell him to kiss our ass then take the fight to one of his worlds, kill his leutenants and take control.

Do the impossible, see the invisable.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!
    So accurate... I... I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I found the embodiment of Micheal Bay movies' target segment
    You are way off, so much for your general assessment.

I think your little wow story is stupid, you going to cry about it? You're going to deal with it and you're going to like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Paladin story was pretty meh.

Nothing really exciting until you get to the end and then its like "oh no we are going to lose!"

*suddenly deus ex Army of Light on their spaceship*

Rogue as well, but maybe its just because I really disliked the pirate guy and the emphasis on pirates in general because of Outlaw.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    most of you sound like a bunch of kids, unable to get into the immersion of the stories.

probably not enough loud noises and explosions.

get off your ADHD drugs and grow up.

so far, the mage, pally and dk stories are frigging sweet. dk class hall is kinda lame, its just ebon hold.

Monk one has no relation to the story in legion and is completely forgettable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dk story was great. Too bad our specs suck, after the class story I parked my dk and mained my rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DK one was rather cool, the whole getting the Four Horsemen, even if the world maaaaay or may not hate us for it, but we're totally fucking doing it anyway theme was a good choice, I'm a little bummed we didn't get to ress Tirion, though.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!