ursoc tanking sugguestion

Hey thought Id get an opinion.

Being someone who just loves to form pugs, I was trying to think of a way to make tanking ursoc easy for the not so skilled tank.

And i just thought.. why not get 3 tanks?

and have each tank rotate debuffs. It avoids the tanks having to memorize the ABAABBAABBAA and simply taunt when they dont have a debuff on them.

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    Hey thought Id get an opinion.

Being someone who just loves to form pugs, I was trying to think of a way to make tanking ursoc easy for the not so skilled tank.

And i just thought.. why not get 3 tanks?

and have each tank rotate debuffs. It avoids the tanks having to memorize the ABAABBAABBAA and simply taunt when they dont have a debuff on them.

thoughts?
    Thats already the way it is you just taunt after every single buff application it really seems more complicated than it really is.

Overwhelm - Every 10 Seconds 12 Second Debuff
    Rend Flesh - Every 20 Seconds 12 Second Debuff

This works out to be like this for debuffs and you never have to have both debuffs at the same time.

Jada - Overwhelm
    Zairin - Rend Flesh
    Jada - Overwhelm
    Zairin - Overwhelm
    Jada - Rend Flesh
    Zairin - Overwhelm
    Jada - Overwhelm
    Zairin - Rend Flesh
    Jada - Overwhelm

And so forth this looks a ton more complicated than it actually is all you have to do is taunt after every single ability and it will work itself out.

With the offset being at 10/20 seconds you have a small window to drop stacks and alternate between Rend Flesh Debuffs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

This is a really ugly simple google doc that shows the timeframe of the debuffs and how the debuffs line up if you do it in this method and you never have both buffs and the worst you ever have to take is a 1 stack Overwhelm.

In a perfect world the tank with the bleed should not tank so in reality if you are currently the overwhelm tank the bleed tank should not take any hits with the bleed active as it does a fair amount of damage and 10% increased melee damage is insignificant in comparison to the Bleed. Conversely if the Overwhelm tank gets his second stack the current bleed tank "should" have ~5 seconds of bleed left then ~4-5 second window to taunt prior to the next Overwhelm.

So Perfect execution of tank taunts would be.

Tank 1 pull Overwhelm 1
    Tank 2 Taunt right away after Overwhelm takes Rend Flesh
    Tank 1 Taunts Immediately after Rend Flesh eventually takes stack 2 of Overwhelm
    Tank 2 waits for Bleed to drop then taunts to lessen damage on Jada with 2 stacks Takes stack 1 of Overwhelm
    Tank 1 waits for overwhelm to drop then taunts to take bleed
    Tank 2 Taunts immediately after bleed debuff takes second stack of overwhelm
    Tank 1 Taunts as soon as bleed drops to lessen damage on Zairin with 2 Stacks Takes stack 1 of Overwhelm

And so on, There will not be a better way to manage the DTPS on tanks.

It looks more difficult than it really is you can simlpy the fight with basically 1 statement.

Taunt as soon as the other tank gets hit with any ability unless you have the bleed currently in that situation wait for the bleed to drop then taunt.

Very stupid simple just seems really overly complicated

Jadawin
    Prot Paladin
    Fluff and Blood
    Burning Blade

@Guzrud awesome job of explaining that... I was making it way more complicated ><

Deleted
    There's no need to do it that way.

Tank 1: Taunt boss take first application of Overwhelm.
    Tank 2: Taunt and take first application of Rend.
    Tank 1: Taunt boss take second application of Overwhelm.
    Tank 2: Taunt boss take third application. Rend will have dropped off by now.
    Tank 1: Taunt boss take second application of Rend. OverWhelm will have dropped.

Basically taunt the boss as soon as Rend drops. This let's you swap debuffs.

I jumped into H right away this time and did fine on the first boss (most do I guess). I have decent gear and trinkets (853, DMF & Impenetrable Nerubian Husk). But must confess I struggled to do my job well on Ursoc. Biggest problem was accessing the information I needed for timely taunting. RL/MT was having to call it out for me, and that's never ideal. It's not a simple "taunt when DBM says" kind of fight. I've raided for years with the default UI and gotten away with it; never found a boss mechanic I couldn't learn to be good at, but I may need to switch to one where I can highlight certain buffs/debuffs for easier tracking. I'm sure it will all seem much easier a month from now, when I've tanked him successfully a few times, but tonight felt awkward and I hate being the one to stuff things up. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Are there WAs for Ursoc?

- - - Updated - - -

YES! There appear to be WAs for Ursoc. Now if I can figure out the cues - other than being told in vent - for know exactly when other tank gets hit with an ability. Visual cues, sound cues, whatever it takes...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I jumped into H right away this time and did fine on the first boss (most do I guess). I have decent gear and trinkets (853, DMF & Impenetrable Nerubian Husk). But must confess I struggled to do my job well on Ursoc. Biggest problem was accessing the information I needed for timely taunting. RL/MT was having to call it out for me, and that's never ideal. It's not a simple "taunt when DBM says" kind of fight. I've raided for years with the default UI and gotten away with it; never found a boss mechanic I couldn't learn to be good at, but I may need to switch to one where I can highlight certain buffs/debuffs for easier tracking. I'm sure it will all seem much easier a month from now, when I've tanked him successfully a few times, but tonight felt awkward and I hate being the one to stuff things up. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Are there WAs for Ursoc?

- - - Updated - - -

YES! There appear to be WAs for Ursoc. Now if I can figure out the cues - other than being told in vent - for know exactly when other tank gets hit with an ability. Visual cues, sound cues, whatever it takes...
    Focus the other tank and make the auras (debuffs) for the focus frame much larger, obviously this only works if you're using an addon that allows you to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Are there WAs for Ursoc?

- - - Updated - - -

if you find them i would give you a hug for sharing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilarah View Post
    Focus the other tank and make the auras (debuffs) for the focus frame much larger, obviously this only works if you're using an addon that allows you to do this.
    Yeah - that is what the RL said he was doing. He was able to watch when I got debuff; for me (using default UI) it was much more difficult picking the key ones out from the sea of mini buffs/debuffs under his focus frame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    if you find them i would give you a hug for sharing them.
    They are on Wowhead (but I'm guessing they are for when YOU have the debuffs):
    Overwhelm
    Rend Flesh
    Weak Auras exports are in top right corner.

I wanted to try H first this week in case I got loot, but plan to practice both difficulties repeatedly until I've got them dialed in. I'll play with these WAs next time I'm on Ursoc. Do any of you tech geeks/pro raiders know if there's a way to tweak WA's to track debuffs on your focus?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilarah View Post
    This was exactly how i did it yesterday - i always have my co-tank as focus target but i normally hide debuffs as bossmods take care of this. But for this one i ditched the bossmods and enabled debuffs and simply called out to the co-tank when he had to taunt. Worked like wonders.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Just got home and logged into game.

YES you can set Weak Aura to track debuff on your target. I now have one to track Overwhelm on other tank, and one to track Rend Flesh on myself. Also a target/taunt macro I can hotkey to mouse button. I'll let you know how this works for me next time I try him (sometime this weekend).