Thinking of rolling to DH, some questions...

1. Is Havoc survivable out in the wild? Say doing harder World Quest content, can they solo fairly well without swapping to Vengeance?

2. Or, can I just run around as Vengeance and still do a lot of damage?

3. If I wanted to tank raids or Mythic±, will Vengeance be viable enough for harder content, or should I just go Warrior or something?

Thank you so much in advance for any assistance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    1. Is Havoc survivable out in the wild? Say doing harder World Quest content, can they solo fairly well without swapping to Vengeance?

3. If I wanted to tank raids or Mythic±, will Vengeance be viable enough for harder content, or should I just go Warrior or something?

1) Yes, however not on some rares (like all DPS)
    2) Yes, you should just go vengeance all the way. Everything is easier.
    3) I would say so yes. You could potentially wait 2 weeks and see what the top end guilds use as tanks

4) Just play a class. If you play a class because it is strong NOW. You will be dissapointed alot because of all the class balances.

/Grumpy

Fair enough I just am looking at something that is at least viable and that I hopefully don't run into a wall of difficulty for something where if I pick something that's at least good now there's less chance of it being nerfed as opposed to waiting for something to get buffed

I love my DH. I will admit it would be so much easier if I just rolled a Prot Warrior for tanking as it's just a much safer class and IP is overpowered. But then I'd miss the self healing, mobility and general fun of Vengeance (it is very fun). I also sometimes think I'd be better off playing my Outlaw or Fire instead of it but then again, they're just not as fun as Havoc.

Imho Havoc and Vengeance are incredibly fun and hard to get away from. Though my Outlaw Rogue and my Prot Warrior outperform it at times, theyre just nowhere near as fun to play.

1. Yes, but not as much as other DPS. Havoc lacks self-healing. you only heal yourself when you kill something. So don't expect high survivability. But they can solo fairly well anything. Some rares are a challenge tho due to lack of in-battle self-healing. Keep on mind that Havoc have a passive mastery effect of movespeed. having 20~~30% movespeed+double felrush is the only thing i miss from havoc, it makes gathering and moving around much faster.

2. Vengeance do alot of damage, not as much as Havoc obviously, but i leveled as vengeance, i do world quests as vengeance, still haven't faced anything i couldn't handle in World Quests as vengeance.
    Also on mobility stuff, Vengeance Leap can cheat most terrain, you can go straight up some montains.

3. Still haven't done Mythic+, but i'm doing Mythics easily enough since i was 838 ilvl. If you are going for something easier, you can go Warrior or something. Warriors are easier to Tank, maybe they are even better than DHs(but if so, only slightly).

But as already stated, Play the class/spec you want. Care not for max/min of other classes, just try to be the best you can on your favorite class/spec. Nerfs comes and go all the time in Online Games. But Blizzard hardly break something to the point of "unplayable"(and it usually hotfixed asap if they break it). However if you are going for Easier gameplay go for Warrior tank, if you want a challenge go for Monk Tank. DHs are probably in the middle.

I'm Loving DH so far, both Vengeance and Havoc are awesome. i played a Warrior and a Warlock for the paste few years as my mains, and right now i feel like i have best of both into one class. i will probably be a DH until WoW comes to an End.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    1. Yes, but not as much as other DPS. Havoc lacks self-healing. you only heal yourself when you kill something. So don't expect high survivability. But they can solo fairly well anything. Some rares are a challenge tho due to lack of in-battle self-healing. Keep on mind that Havoc have a passive mastery effect of movespeed. having 20~~30% movespeed+double felrush is the only thing i miss from havoc, it makes gathering and moving around much faster.

2. Vengeance do alot of damage, not as much as Havoc obviously, but i leveled as vengeance, i do world quests as vengeance, still haven't faced anything i couldn't handle in World Quests as vengeance.
    Also on mobility stuff, Vengeance Leap can cheat most terrain, you can go straight up some montains.

3. Still haven't done Mythic+, but i'm doing Mythics easily enough since i was 838 ilvl. If you are going for something easier, you can go Warrior or something. Warriors are easier to Tank, maybe they are even better than DHs(but if so, only slightly).

But as already stated, Play the class/spec you want. Care not for max/min of other classes, just try to be the best you can on your favorite class/spec. Nerfs comes and go all the time in Online Games. But Blizzard hardly break something to the point of "unplayable"(and it usually hotfixed asap if they break it). However if you are going for Easier gameplay go for Warrior tank, if you want a challenge go for Monk Tank. DHs are probably in the middle.

I'm Loving DH so far, both Vengeance and Havoc are awesome. i played a Warrior and a Warlock for the paste few years as my mains, and right now i feel like i have best of both into one class. i will probably be a DH until WoW comes to an End.
    The self healing part, plain wrong. You only have no self-healing if you spec like that. I run with demonic apetite, soul rending and demonic and I can easily say that DH is one of the most durable melees in the game with crazy amount of healing. Basically LoH every 45 sec and occasional 10% heal, paired with pretty good defensives and good mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    The self healing part, plain wrong. You only have no self-healing if you spec like that. I run with demonic apetite, soul rending and demonic and I can easily say that DH is one of the most durable melees in the game with crazy amount of healing. Basically LoH every 45 sec and occasional 10% heal, paired with pretty good defensives and good mobility.
    Well, i don't play Havoc mainly. However when i try it without artifact power and etc. i find a lack of selfheals, but i haven't tested the other melee classes to know how nerfed they got into selfhealing basis. It's just that when i play havoc i find myself at 40%- health almost every fight, but it compensates on damage.
    Maybe it's better with artifacts too, maybe i just suck at Havoc, but i had a hard time killing any rares with it while it was a pura faceroll with vengeance.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

1. Yes havoc is perfectly doable for all the WQ's out there. Except for those harder elites that have like 40+mil hp on their own. Whoever says that Havoc doesn't have amazing self healing is either spec'd for self heals with. Talents you'd want for it are demonic apetite & soul rending, when you have that and just pop every CD you have. i was able to kill 8horde at a WQ zone and leave with full hp. gotta love the Demon hunters aoe + insane burst.

2. Yes you can walk around as vengeance and survive pretty much anything depending on gear. is it faster doing WQ's and other things as havoc? NO! you won't need to swap to vengeance to do those harder WQ's so far i've been able to do all the WQ's in havoc.

3.i'm not sure how to answer this question, so far i've only tanked a few mythic dungeons, and had no problem. from my healers in the guild i've heard demon hunters can be fun to heal or be a pain in the ass sometimes. it all depends on the fights i guess.

3) Vengeance is viable in both raids and Mythic+. I've cleared HC EN and all Mythics without any issues due to tanking. Warrior currently is probably easier, but I've enjoyed tanking on my DH a lot. I do have my Warrior alt gearing up as well though.

1. Yes. As folks noted above, you have several talent choices that help with your self-healing quite a bit, and you can change them over to damage-dealing alternatives for dungeons and raids.

2. This is what I'm doing. Vengeance's leap quickly gets you places that Havoc's dash can't, and is the explorer's boon. (Also the boon of those who sometimes misread maps, not that I would ever do that....)

3. This is one for the more qualified folks.

1. Havoc with the healing from Meta can solo a lot.

2. Vengeance after nerf isnt doing a lot of damage anymore but is still viable for pulling incredible amount of mobs.

3. Vengeance will be one of the best for mythic plus with their high aoe damage. However, warrior will be best all around atm.

Our guild leader tanks as DH, and seems to be quite good with it in mythic + (raiding tonight, so we'll see how that goes).

Try your free one out, you'll know within an hour whether it's something you'll want to stick with or not.

Dont reroll. Both Specs just got tossed into the dumpster with this recent hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    And in turn gimp yourself on damage. Sure, priorities. If you want to do damage, your sustain will be shite, if you want to live, your damage will be shite.

Most...'reliable' sustain in world content is talented metamorph, and doesn't sacrifice damage...but long cooldwon on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    Dont reroll. Both Specs just got tossed into the dumpster with this recent hotfix.
    I think people are over-reacting to the handful of nerfs in the upcoming patch