Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Well, I haven't read the novels, so let's assume they didn't know about the bomb and they couldn't have stopped the bombing itself. But if they felt any kind of gratitude towards Jaina, they should be rebelled against Garrosh right after they heard about the destruction of Theramore. They didn't. AFAIK they only rebelled after Garrosh turned on them. They were mostly fine with him as long as he was killing the Alliance.
    Alliance were killing them too, Jaina's forces invaded the Barrens before Cata, what exactly would have made them fight against Garrosh When the Alliance was the ones killing them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Alliance were killing them too, Jaina's forces invaded the Barrens before Cata, what exactly would have made them fight against Garrosh When the Alliance was the ones killing them?
    It's not like the Barrens were a core territory for the Horde. The name suggests as much. It was Horde-controlled in-game for gameplay reasons, but in reality noone really had a good hold of it. So, it was a contested territory and the Alliance contested it. They also only attacked strictly military targets (AFAIK even Baine admitted that Taurajo was a major military target, even if some civilians lived there). Well, Theramore also was a military target, obviously, but the scale between it and Taurajo is just uncomparable. It's not like the Alliance owed anything to the Horde, either, and te Horde DID owe a lot to Jaina. It is simply that debt combned with the will to punish a war criminal that should make the Horde rebel against Garrosh right after Theramore was destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    t's not like the Barrens were a core territory for the Horde
    UHhhhh it is?

By that own god awful logic logic, Westfall isnt Alliance territory.

It was Horde-controlled in-game for gameplay reasons, but in reality noone really had a good hold of it
    The Horde did control it wtf are you talking about.

It is simply that debt combned with the will to punish a war criminal that should make the Horde rebel against Garrosh right after Theramore was destroyed.
    Yes, lets turn against the guy that just wiped out the staging point for the people that were invading our territory....
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It's not like the Barrens were a core territory for the Horde. The name suggests as much. It was Horde-controlled in-game for gameplay reasons, but in reality noone really had a good hold of it. So, it was a contested territory and the Alliance contested it. They also only attacked strictly military targets (AFAIK even Baine admitted that Taurajo was a major military target, even if some civilians lived there). Well, Theramore also was a military target, obviously, but the scale between it and Taurajo is just uncomparable. It's not like the Alliance owed anything to the Horde, either, and te Horde DID owe a lot to Jaina. It is simply that debt combned with the will to punish a war criminal that should make the Horde rebel against Garrosh right after Theramore was destroyed.
    The slaughtered innocent Tauren because of jaina's actions, and moved against thunderbluff. The barrens are a pretty core place for the horde You claiming that the barrens are not just shows your ignorance of the story

I would like the writers work with the constant tension that can bring jaina/sylvanas rather than make them as raid boss which with so many enemies in legion i saw it very stupid

Deleted
    Jaina is one of the heroes who fought the Legion on Hyal.

Sylvanas on the other hand uses Legion Magic and once worked together with an agent of the burning Legion...

Jaina will be more or less ignored for the whole expansion is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    In b4 she's a dreadlord.
    Christ, when did people start saying INB4 in the OP again?

On topic: She's a dreadlord. People have speculated that for a long ass time. It's finally coming to fruition.

If you REALLY care, here is a 3 hour long video that talks about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRa-9o16o8

(The guy is totally worth subbing on YouTube by the way)

Circle of Hatred specifically states it's the heart of the Horde territory. The name only suggests it's a wasteland. Like Durotar. Is Durotar not Horde core territory either? The game mentions Horde's hold over it too. Why do you think they were annoyed by the presence of Bael Modan since vanilla? And both were military targets, yet are not comparable? That double think. And Horde owed Jaina very little after she attacked them before Garrosh even started his invasion of Ashenvale. And whoopty doo, Garrosh bombed a military outpost after the civilians there fled. That war crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Jaina is one of the heroes who fought the Legion on Hyal.

Sylvanas on the other hand uses Legion Magic and once worked together with an agent of the burning Legion...
    So has Jaina, Arthas was for a time an Agent of the legion and so were many orcs she fought beside at Mt Hyjal and she used magic taught by the highborne who learned quite a few tricks from the demons during the war of the ancients ;P

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    Seriously, you wrote this whole post to complain that people are complaining about Jaina, but then you used the word "Jaina" twice and "Sylvanas" six times.
    He was pointing out the double standard that some people feel Jaina is "bad" and needs to be "dealt with", yet are fine with Sylv who is significantly worse.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    He was pointing out the double standard that some people feel Jaina is "bad" and needs to be "dealt with", yet are fine with Sylv who is significantly worse.
    Might have something to do with expectations, Sylvanas is an undead monster broken beyond repair, lashing out at everything she perceives as a threat, you simply expect the forsaken and sylvanas to be rotten bastards and surprise they are.

People simply hold a living human to different standards it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    So, Horde fans, angry because an Alliance character is angry at the Horde, are once again hoping she turns evil and is defeated in a dungeon or raid boss.

Wake up, people. Jaina's not evil. She's rightfully angry for being thrice betrayed.

And she won't just appear in Orgrimmar and try to murder anything. If anything, she's playing defensive rather than offensive.

Now, to point the double standard:

- Jaina is attacked by the Horde. Her city is destroyed, everyone is killed by a bomb.
    Jaina is attacked in retaliation after she attacks the Horde first and then spearheads the Alliance incursion into Horde heartland. Amazing betrayal.

- Later, she's still trying to promote peace, is betrayed by the Horde, which robs a powerful artifact again to use against the Alliance
    She's "trying to promote peace" by personally aiding Alliance against the Horde. Before the theft of the Divine Bell. Then looses her shit because one Sunreaver followed her (i.e., their leader's) example. Even though it didn't harm Dalaran in any way and whatever weapons Horde has against the Alliance or other way around shouldn't have been the concern of neutral states. Even more amazing betrayal.

- Third, the Horde runs away and leave the Alliance to die.
    Horde faces oblivion and is forced to retreat, and can't help the Alliance in any way. The retreat doesn't change anything in Alliance's immediate circumstances. Oh noes. Maybe not as amazing as the other two betrayals, but amazing nontheless.

- Sylvanas leads the Forsaken, promoting the creation of plagues to kill living things.
    Oh no, they created a weapon.

- Sylvanas invades Gilneas, kills Genn's son and expel the country's citizens
    Garrosh invades Gilneas. And oh no, people die during a war.

- Sylvanas plague bombs Southshore, a civilian settlement, and puts its people on forced labor camps. (I won't blame her for what the Warden did to the prisoners, but having the prisoners is in itself evil).
    That civilian settlement had military presence, was hostile to Forsaken since vanilla (or earlier), was important element in supporting Alliance's imperialism in the region and was on land claimed by the Forsaken in their successorship of Lordaeron. Also, what dafuq is wrong about having prisoners? Jaina had them too, not exactly a problem in and on itself.

- Sylvanas begins raising dead people to replenish her armies. Despite claiming undeath is a curse.
    It's almost as if people could change opinions. And she offers the raised a choice, so evil. Oh, wait, in terms of necromancy the former Prime Designate is worse than her.

- Sylvanas wanted to murder her own sister so she could be her partner in damnation. Despite claiming undeath is a curse.
    Again, people change outlooks.

- Sylvanas makes a faustian bargain with a devilish demigodess in order to enslave another demigodess so she can achieve immortality.
    The leak of her plans hints at trying to steal Eyir's power. And how is making deals with outside parties any relevant? Helya never gave a shit about us, she's focused on Odyn. Iunno, feels like your comparison is a bit too off to support your double standard. If anything, making it while you paint Jaina's actions as some great betrayals is doublethink on your part.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-21 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    As we all know Jaina stormed off all angrily when the Horde were allowed into Dalaran, leaving no trace and no clear clues as to what she is doing or where she is going. It's all up to speculation at this point.

So let's predict what she's up to and what her fate will be.

I think she's going to muster a force of human and high elf mages, those loyal to her from the Kirin Tor, and she's going to launch some sort of attack on Orgrimmar or interrupt the Horde during the later Legion Campaign. She'll probably end up being either a dungeon or mini-raid boss and we'll be forced to defeat her. In doing so we will bond more in the same way we did during SoO and it may end up with some sort of high-five scenario bewteen Sylvanas and Anduin, which Greymane will probably scoff at.

In b4 she's a dreadlord.
    I hope they don't do that. I really liked Jaina's character - but if Jaina hadn't gone ape after they did that to Theramore, fans will be crying "ridiculous"...

I'm not sure how I like the handling of Jaina and Tyrande so far --- when you switch to Thalyssra, you see in her the sort of leader I'd have loved in Jaina and Tyrande, esp in Tyrande. But anyhow, it depends on what they do with either of them. Perhaps all that's lacking is a bit more exposure/explanation. With Thalyssra, you get to see her, hear her, interact with her. You see her views on the Legion, on saving her people after you've seen the worse bits of them too, really dominates the narrative of them. And she is not all crazy mad bitch stereotype either, there is both a feminine softness and hardness to her, that use to come across in Tyrande. Look at how the voice actress reads out Thalyssra's lines. It's a good balance, but it is shown, which is what is good and what the others don't really have

I remember Jaina in WC3, even up to ICC, I do miss that Jaina. I really liked that Jaina .. "All I ever wanted was to study" awwww.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-09-21 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I hope they don't do that. I really liked Jaina's character - but if Jaina hadn't gone ape after they did that to Theramore, fans will be crying "ridiculous"...

I'm not sure how I like the handling of Jaina and Tyrande so far --- when you switch to Thalyssra, you see in her the sort of leader I'd have loved in Jaina and Tyrande, esp in Tyrande. But anyhow, it depends on what they do with either of them. Perhaps all that's lacking is a bit more exposure/explanation. With Thalyssra, you get to see her, hear her, interact with her. You see her views on the Legion, on saving her people after you've seen the worse bits of them too, really dominates the narrative of them. And she is not all crazy mad bitch stereotype either, there is both a feminine softness and hardness to her, that use to come across in Tyrande. Look at how the voice actress reads out Thalyssra's lines. It's a good balance.

I remember Jaina in WC3, even up to ICC, I do miss that Jaina. I really liked that Jaina .. "All I ever wanted was to study" awwww.
    Yes, Thalyssra is by far my favorite female character at the moment in comparison to Alliance females. I really enjoy helping the Shal'dorei rebels, despite the fact that they burn my precious ancient mana so fast. :P

And I miss the old Jaina very much. She was probably a bit "boring", but I loved her. She was a ray of light in the gloomy World of Warcraft. Now, this light is gone and this is very sad.

I wish I could have killed Garrosh earlier (this coming from a Horde player). I wanted to get rid of him since Wrath of the Lich King. Curses on Thrall for making Garrosh the Warchief!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if push comes to shove I am joining Jaina. Jaina fan for life I aint killing my bae :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I haven't read the novels, so let's assume they didn't know about the bomb and they couldn't have stopped the bombing itself. But if they felt any kind of gratitude towards Jaina, they should be rebelled against Garrosh right after they heard about the destruction of Theramore. They didn't. AFAIK they only rebelled after Garrosh turned on them. They were mostly fine with him as long as he was killing the Alliance.
    They couldn't Garrosh had a really bad regime (those that talked against him were executed), the Taurens couldn't go against him as they were recovering after Maghda took Thunderbluff (and the Horde troops did not know until the last moment, they were all surprised).

Note: Have in mind that the Taurens did gave notice to the Alliance that Garrosh was planning to attack Theramore (and they couldn't do anything about it) reason why Baine returned Anduin his hammer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    They couldn't Garrosh had a really bad regime (those that talked against him were executed), the Taurens couldn't go against him as they were recovering after Maghda took Thunderbluff (and the Horde troops did not know until the last moment, they were all surprised).

Note: Have in mind that the Taurens did gave notice to the Alliance that Garrosh was planning to attack Theramore (and they couldn't do anything about it) reason why Baine returned Anduin his hammer.
    Didn't nearly every Horde Member celebrated the total annihilation of Theramore with an Weapon of Mass Destruction, something that should be against ever code of honor the brutes claim to have? There were like a hand full of people who don't liked the way Garrosh won.

7+ Year Old Account
    please all you jaina haters leave her be she's the ONLY lore human female left thats sexy no one else is worth it.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Didn't nearly every Horde Member celebrated the total annihilation of Theramore with an Weapon of Mass Destruction, something that should be against ever code of honor the brutes claim to have? There were like a hand full of people who don't liked the way Garrosh won.
    Many of the warriors that participated in the attack did celebrate the attack on Theramore, others were horrified (IMHO that was a pretty smart plan).