Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Complete rubbish. Not even an arguable comparison. The Legion quests are wildly more varied and interesting than shitty grinding of elites and so on, have far better rewards (even 320 Order Hall, which is very low - I have never seen one that low - is vastly better than 800 or 1000 shitcrystals), and they also have gold, gear, and artifact power options.
    I think you have lost your own track there. We are not comparing the enjoyment, since people enjoy different things, and you can't speak for everyone, that is what I'm trying to tell but you don't get it.
    We are comparing unlocking the damn flying and the effort required to do that. In WoD, you only had to do each area ONCE, in Legion, granted, you can do the same pet battles 100x if you feel like, but in reality: WoD: complete 12 quests in 12 diff areas vs Legion: Complete 100 WQs. This is what we compare, since this is the requirement.

You also got to do ONE (1) shitcrystal area per day - you can do pretty much as many WQs as you have time for. That's huge fucking difference which you're ignoring.
    Wrong. At the beginning of the expansion, yes you could do only once a day, but when the pathfinder achievement came out (6.2), you could buy scouting missions (from 6.1 I believe?) and you could target areas that you still missed. Not to mention you could buy all of them at once if you felt like and had the resources. So completely wrong.
    Also you don't get infinite WQs if you haven't noticed. You get a batch at 3:00 am, at 9:00 am, at 3:00 pm and one at 9:00 pm. But you don't get a whole lot every time, even if you clear the map completely. The biggest batch comes at 9:00 am, that is when you get the emissary quest.
    You never seen this low amount of Order Hall resources? Here you go then, I don't know which WQs you do, 320 seems pretty average.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-21 at 03:06 PM.

Your objection was "Part 2 or later might be huge, we just don't know". That's rubbish, because the quote clearly and unarguably says the majority of the effort required will be part 1, and they even explained that parts 2 or later would likely just be stuff from those zones.
    Yes, the world "should" totallly means "clearly and unarguably". Totally

Not saying when isn't "being vague". It's intentionally not giving information
    So it is even worse than I thought.

They were fairly clear on what you'll need
    Please tell me you´re joking?

Remaining flexible is the only actually vague thing there.
    Ironically, their statement that they would "remain flexible" is the ONLY part of their statement that WASN´T vague.

Try again, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This is almost as vague as WoD. At least in WoD they were more explicit and saying flying would come in patch 7.1 with an epic quest chain to unlock. But then they scrapped that idea to push out the selfie patch LMAO.
    They weren't that explicit about how flight would unlock in WoD. Prior to launch they said "Maybe it's gold, maybe it's some kind of epic quest, maybe something more straightforward, but we're staying open to changing that post-release if it seems like it's working out really well and we want to keep rolling with it." Later they changed it to "We don't have specifics just yet, it'll be something more involved than just paying gold; something that further emphasizes how powerful flight is. Unlocking it won't just be level 100 on the day 6.1 6.2 comes out with some gold, but something you'll be working toward over the course of the initial expansion release, and 6.1 6.2 will introduce the final steps to complete it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    They weren't that explicit about how flight would unlock in WoD. Prior to launch they said "Maybe it's gold, maybe it's some kind of epic quest, maybe something more straightforward, but we're staying open to changing that post-release if it seems like it's working out really well and we want to keep rolling with it." Later they changed it to "We don't have specifics just yet, it'll be something more involved than just paying gold; something that further emphasizes how powerful flight is. Unlocking it won't just be level 100 on the day 6.1 6.2 comes out with some gold, but something you'll be working toward over the course of the initial expansion release, and 6.1 6.2 will introduce the final steps to complete it."
    Do I really have to link Bashioks post about the epic quest again ?!?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Yes, please link a post that explicitly says it will be an epic quest, not "some kind of" or "something like" an epic quest as my two quotes do.

1. Alpha experience told me everything I needed to know how garbage Legion without flying would be. Preach in one of his videos also reinforced my personal experiences of how badly designed the world quests are as you spend more time traveling to them than doing them. This is why the flight whistle was added. Derp.

2. You can avoid doing Broken Isles patchfinder achievement by not doing raiding. Blizzard knows this as most players do not do raiding at all. Period. This is why they know it is a massive barrier to the majority of the players. LFR was so much face roll last expansion and yet how many people did LFR or any raiding? A minority.

3.The rep grinds of Tanaan could be done within a few weeks. The person that completed Legion pachfinder part 1 reps had:

1. Human racial diplomacy
    2. Did ALL of the WQ everyday
    3. Withered Training all the time
    4. Darkmoon fair buff

This is the most hardcore of hardcore of people that completed this and it took that person three weeks. WoD's entire achievement could be completed in three weeks and not with much effort.
    And..... whats the problem here? So what you're saying is anything more than 3 weeks is what you consider unacceptable? It's fine. We're at the start of an expansion and Blizzard is factoring in that one of the biggest expansion selling points / integrated game play mechanics (world quests) will *gasp* actually be used alot by players over the next 1.5 years. So, they factored that into the quest/achievement design. Shock horror.

You're stretching hard to compare apples (tanaan reps and their lack of integration with world quest systems in WoD) and oranges (Legion reps and how they integrate with game systems the expansion itself has been built around from the ground up).
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-09-21 at 04:07 PM.

Please do. For the benefit of the newcomers.

Deleted
    Flying to and from the WQ is not the same as having to go one way and then having an instant teleport.

Yeah if 70% of people did the WoD pathfinder and it drops below a 50% threshold because of the increased and cumbersome requirements with Legion it gives Blizzard the Trojan Horse to remove flying forever from the game on the pretense that most players do not care for flying by tying it to an albatross.
    Well some people just want to cut every corner at all cost. Let them design more parts, let there be even more grind to unlock and let them "figure out" that flight isn't wanted so they can cut it out this time......

I personally am done with caring about WoW. I guess Chris netzen did the right move to retire before the "new guys" and bad management is driving the whole experience (not just flying) agains a nice, big, solid wall. You can tell by every bit you can see on the net that it is all about dragging players along to make them (hopefully) stay subbed.

Not me this time... i can live without (i know because i do actually). I won't buy and sub for at least a couple of month, and only will when massive catch-up mechanics are in place. Or i just wait til the game went Hybrid/Freemium. See ya all in a few month. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Please do. For the benefit of the newcomers.
    I quoted the original post here (and in other posts), http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post34312387

Sadly, he edited the post (as mentioned here, http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...378816#post-19), so people will just say it never happened.

The edited post, http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=6#post-106, and pre-edit quotes, http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=6#post-110
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-09-21 at 04:43 PM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So far they are basically the exact same...
    Thanks for reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Thanks for reassuring.
    Operative words being "so far". It has already been mentioned that part 2 will (most likely) involve raids.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just been confirmed by the first guy to get Pathfinder stage one, its requires 6 reps to revered and Nightfallen to Exalted.

LoL suckers! I feel bad for anyone thinking they will be flying in Legion.

Uhh? Can we quickly compare the 2 achievements? ... The 2 achieves are identically the same, minus treasure hunting.
    I know, the argument is that Legon achieve is easier/more natural than the WoD one. I did not compare effort, but any more effort puts Legion Pathfinder more "tedious" than WoD was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So far they are basically the exact same...
    Operative words being "so far". It has already been mentioned that part 2 will (most likely) involve raids.
    I was talking to someone else who said Legion achieve is more natural/easier. I answered that the 2 achievements (Draenor Pathfinder and Broken Shore Pathfinder part 1 are identical - if you don't compare time investment like reputation gain pace in WoD vs. Legion), BUT any more requirement for Legion pathfinder will put it more "tedious" than the WoD one was.
    Then the quoting and parroting started. What's the disagreement?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Its just been confirmed by the first guy to get Pathfinder stage one, its requires 6 reps to revered and Nightfallen to Exalted.

Hm. One step for the Good Suramaritan is not even in the game yet, as far as we (or should I said I) know. The "A Change of Seasons" part is completely missing from the quest database.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-21 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking to someone else who said Legion achieve is more natural/easier. I answered that the 2 achievements (Dranor Pathfinder and Broken Shore Pathfinder part 1 are identical (if you don't compare time investment like reputation gain pace in WoD vs. Legion), BUT any more requirement for Legion pathfinder will put it more "tedious" than the WoD one was.
    Then the quoting and parroting started. What's the disagreement?

- - - Updated - - -

Hm. One step for the Good Suramaritan is not even in the game yet, as far as we (or should I said I) know. The "A Change of Seasons" part is completely missing from the quest database.
    Its in the game as of yesterday. Someone with a raiding guild, good enough to down the last boss of the new raid, has posted it and its been verified on the Armory.

Yeah the evidence is starting to mount the bait and switch is starting to be set up. There is some speculation to finish the remainder of the rest of Legon patchfinder (parts 2 and 3) will require more raiding, but at this point I am not willing to get behind that. But based on what I know it isn't looking like Blizz is going to hold up their end of the deal with flying for Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Its in the game as of yesterday. Someone with a raiding guild, good enough to down the last boss of the new raid, has posted it and its been verified on the Armory.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749415002

Yup.

Tsunami of tears incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Which three weeks in and just doing random world quest I am already revered with two factions and getting close on the rest. Oh, the horror!

By the way, I missed a week as I was on vacation.
    Cool story, let us know when you're exalted with ManaCrack Faction.

Between prioritizing Suramar world quests, not being awful at the Building an Army quest and using your Kirin Tor emissary reward on Nightfallen, The Nightfallen rep isn't even that bad. I'd imagine a lot of people who actually play the game are well into revered. People act as if rep grinding is some new insurmountable thing. If anything, world quests are a very nice change of pace for rep advancement. But I get it.. gotta cry about something.. Your avatar is very fitting in that regard.

I quoted the original post here (and in other posts), http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post34312387

Sadly, he edited the post (as mentioned here, http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...378816#post-19), so people will just say it never happened.

The edited post, http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=6#post-106, and pre-edit quotes, http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=6#post-110
    That's the same quote that I used;

"Unlocking it won't just be level 100 on the day 6.1 comes out with some gold, but something you'll be working toward over the course of the initial expansion release, and 6.1 will introduce the final steps to complete it. Think of something like a mini Legendary cloak quest."

They say that it will be unlocked over the course of the expansion and give the Legendary cloak quest as an example of content that did a similar thing. Nowhere does that mean they promised an epic questline to unlock flight.

It's because of people jumping to these assumptions then turning around declaring Blizz to be liars that we don't get much communication from the devs about future plans.

Easily the most readily obtainable rep.
    14/21k already, max of 2 weeks before exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Which three weeks in and just doing random world quest I am already revered with two factions and getting close on the rest. Oh, the horror!

By the way, I missed a week as I was on vacation.
    I'm only just approaching 2 weeks, 1 of which spent at Max level. I'm already sick of WQs and only have revered with highmountain.

FP in, glider+winds, kill X or click X, or boss. Whistle. Next WQ.

Ita better than old school dailies, but is already reaching mindlessness due to the lack of variety. Another two weeks of this, and even more to get exalted with Night fallen, as well as some raid nonsense....ugh. I might not bother if they keep tacking on more. Hopefully the later stages have some kind of token I can buy for rep or some less grindy way.

Those of you waiting to buy, you are absolutely correct in doing so. If I had bought this expansion for myself, I would be pretty disappointed. As it is, after I run through the raid once I'll probably just buy tokens for 6 months with gold and do something else in the meantime. November games should be good this year. Plenty of alternatives.