Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Elvine gets third legendary.. AFTER supposed "fix"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxDAyNUfPk

I know, I know.. we're back to "RNG is RNG" as an excuse.

*puts on tinfoil hat*
    Well blzzard said they fixed the drop of a second legendary after you acquired your first, they never said they fixed getting a third when you already have two. They are slowly thinning the group and creating a small elite group with all legendaries while most of us have 0!

Deleted
    his laugh :X

There is no RNG streak breaker. Blizzard lies again.

They claimed that it is working unrated and rated PVP but it is clear that isn't the case because of duplicate items back to back dropping for players. This is no different with the legendary drops.

So what you guys are saying is that noone could ever be that lucky? Is there LOADS of other people that have gotten 3 or more Legendaries? And also havent Elvine always been a somewhat lucky guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    There is no RNG streak breaker. Blizzard lies again.

They claimed that it is working unrated and rated PVP but it is clear that isn't the case because of duplicate items back to back dropping for players. This is no different with the legendary drops.
    Pretty sure you don't know what RNG means then.

In theory he could get all of his legendaries back to back to back.

As I said it when all " shit " about broken drops started I am 100% sure that streamers are flagged to get legendary drops same as they were flagged for Legion beta access when it started. This cant be just a coincidence

It's because he's a casual. Casuals and bads get all the legendaries and high roll gear. It's just how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    He's just really lucky, nothing more to it. There's always a case of someone winning the lottery twice or more, they don't debunk basic statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    As I said it when all " shit " about broken drops started I am 100% sure that streamers are flagged to get legendary drops same as they were flagged for Legion beta access when it started. This cant be just a coincidence
    Yeah, because plenty of high profile streamers who have put hundreds of hours into Legion so far are swimming in legendaries, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    Pretty sure you don't know what RNG means then.

In theory he could get all of his legendaries back to back to back.
    Hmmm.. sounds like the same statement made until Blizzard fessed up to the bug.

Blizzard said the code was supposed to make it less likely to get your next Legendary... but apparently math in code is hard and instead it increased their chance at the next legendary.

Since RNG is RNG, of COURSE it could just be pure luck. However... since Blizzard admitted a bug... I find it MUCH more likely their code is still hosed... than a third legendary.

Even if the error is that they wiped the "counter" so to speak, that people with 2-3 legs already... start with the same fresh chance as everyone else.. which would be TOTAL bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    So what you guys are saying is that noone could ever be that lucky? Is there LOADS of other people that have gotten 3 or more Legendaries? And also havent Elvine always been a somewhat lucky guy?
    "Being a lucky guy" doesn't exist. You can't manipulate randomness in your favor.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    But you can only equip one... I don't see what the big deal is.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

So far its not that many of incidents like it was when it was bugged. We will have to wait and see if it becomes a trend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    The big deal is choice. If you have 840 gloves, 830 pants and 850 neck and then get legendaries for each of those slots you can choose to use the pants. Not to mention being able to choose the bonuses from each to fit an encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    He's just really lucky, nothing more to it. There's always a case of someone winning the lottery twice or more, they don't debunk basic statistics.
    Typically these people follow statistics actually. The guy that has won 6 times buys the same numbers (albeit in abnormally large quantities) every time there is a lottery. He decreases randomness buy being consistent on his purchases.

Similarly in a RNG based game: you can play the RNG by repeating the same known locales to increase the odds by reducing random factors.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Are you familiar with the legendaries that YOUR class can get?

Are you familiar that out of the several (8?) you COULD get.. most classes only have a couple that are really good?

If someone has 3... they have already either gotten a BiS.. UBER powered item... or at worst have eliminated 3 bad ones.

When you DO get your first drop.. it may very well be the shittiest one... and in raid doesn't do anything for your performance.

THen when you realize that when they DO have it fixed... each subsequent legendary becomes less and less likely to drop.

So now we're reduced to complaining, not about what we got, but when other people get something.

you will be able to have 2 in three weeks and well, you can put the most optimized for one for each fight.
    And its boresome for people who have 0 leg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Hmmm.. sounds like the same statement made until Blizzard fessed up to the bug.

Blizzard said the code was supposed to make it less likely to get your next Legendary... but apparently math in code is hard and instead it increased their chance at the next legendary.

Since RNG is RNG, of COURSE it could just be pure luck. However... since Blizzard admitted a bug... I find it MUCH more likely their code is still hosed... than a third legendary.

Even if the error is that they wiped the "counter" so to speak, that people with 2-3 legs already... start with the same fresh chance as everyone else.. which would be TOTAL bullshit.
    You can't just conclude that it's still broken from that one guy getting his third, after already getting second thanks to that bug.

Until we get some sort of confirmation of the bug still existing, RNG is RNG and you are just super jealous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Typically these people follow statistics actually. The guy that has won 6 times buys the same numbers (albeit in abnormally large quantities) every time there is a lottery. He decreases randomness buy being consistent on his purchases.

Similarly in a RNG based game: you can play the RNG by repeating the same known locales to increase the odds by reducing random factors.
    So if you pick "heads" in 1 million trials every time, you're manipulating randomness in your favor by being consistent? No, you still have a 50% chance of being correct since every trial is independent.

Please, just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Yeah, because plenty of high profile streamers who have put hundreds of hours into Legion so far are swimming in legendaries, right?
    So did I, 8 days+ total play time on a SINGLE character, 200+ dungeons ( HCs mostly ) and 38 mythics + 2 Mythics+ today. And I still need to change ilvl825 belt and you want to tell me that somehow there is a chance for him to get his 3rd legendary before 99% of the players get their 1st? Yeah rignt....