Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok lets just freeze the argument until today's raid

My points so far:

Smiting is weak enough to be called healing and the strength of the spell fall in the category of support healing , it and should be used when its safe to do so aka you dont expect anyone to take significant or lethal damage that you wont be able to counter with your smite.

Raids will be hard , one way or the another disc will find himself outclassed on some encounters and good on others , when the raid pressure is significant and can lead to deaths , i doubt disc will manage to handle this but in some encounters where the damage is focused ont he tanks and the mechanics are somehow strong but they dont really push the groups to the edge , disc will probably be the best to choose but thats only because the supportive healing it does is enough to keep his group alive , there will be aot of raids with interupts , movement etc , disc wont have easy time to setup everything and nuke.

Everyone's else points:

Smiting is strong enough to be called healing , well iguess we have a problem with names and perception about what is strong or not

Disc does most and lot of dps with instants - pretty decent argument

Its rare for a raid group to take too much pressure that will lead to deaths in a short time period - this depends entirely on the boss

Mass attonement plus damage is a reliable t hing - i personally think that it wont be so easy

The biggest problem with disc is how often he realize all these perfect scenarios where he set everything up and do his job , we gotta have the raids first to see this.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-09-21 at 05:03 AM.

Aizen please stop posting. Ty.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

People here confuse me so much. I find disc healing is fine, you do Shadowmend spam a lot, because it's your primary single target heal. Maybe this is counterintuitive to people because it's a shadow spell? It's just like how Holy will spam flash heal. Shadowmend spam seems totally on par with what holy does. Disc has better mobile heals too with PW:S and Penance, since Renew is pretty much trash for Holy. Atonement is for AoE healing or for when damage is so low that you don't need to Shadowmend.

Deleted
    An item question: i'm rising up some gold due to tailoring\enchanting and my eyes started to look for the

Blessed Dawnlight Medallion

With Crit\Vers

There are some news about fixing it?
    Because here and also on other forum i read that the mana recovered by using the necklace is 33k and not 150k, and maybe is not worth the money for an upgrade (i'll probably not be raiding for a bit cause working problems so i'm thinking seriously about investing on it)

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    why do you say that? i personally think im the best healer ever and your words will not break my will
    you've just outright dismissed every single heal in the game that isn't a super expensive spammable or an instant heal cooldown ala revival, and you think this is a good argument that makes sense. this alone displays a fundamental lack of understanding of even the most basic of basics when it comes to healing. never mind all the other insanity you've been posting in this thread, like how you think disc is mainly a tank healer, which is staggeringly idiotic. it's like you're living in a crazy fantasy world entirely of your own making, so deluded that you're impervious to course-corrections from less reality-challenged individuals. naturally, this would make you terrible at absolutely everything, healing being one of those things.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2016-09-21 at 08:40 AM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I have a question about how buffs work with pet (mindbender). Does it matter if I release the pet before or after the Power Infusion or Bloodlust was activated?

They get the effect of the buff even if they were summoned before.
    Still, I would wait for the buff if I know it will come very soon.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGVR4DqAqKI

Very nice Flintoid video after the first evening of raid, he has done very well using a different approach to "spam atonement & burst", working on spot with SM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsus View Post

Very nice Flintoid video after the first evening of raid, he has done very well using a different approach to "spam atonement & burst", working on spot with SM.

Its still the first day of raiding and i already proven correct , i want to see what the haters will say now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    you've just outright dismissed every single heal in the game that isn't a super expensive spammable or an instant heal cooldown ala revival, and you think this is a good argument that makes sense. this alone displays a fundamental lack of understanding of even the most basic of basics when it comes to healing. never mind all the other insanity you've been posting in this thread, like how you think disc is mainly a tank healer, which is staggeringly idiotic. it's like you're living in a crazy fantasy world entirely of your own making, so deluded that you're impervious to course-corrections from less reality-challenged individuals. naturally, this would make you terrible at absolutely everything, healing being one of those things.
    i just completed 5 mythics with pugs with not even one wipe and none dead and also complete a mythic+ with a pug (we beat the timer without bl) and no wipes at all , so i feel ok for today's raid. I had plenty of time to smite and pull around 22-30k dps , my echo of light took take of everything to allow me dps
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-09-21 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Its still the first day of raiding and i already proven correct , i want to see what the haters will say now.
    There are a lot of other Discipline Priest that are doing well (even better than Flintoid) working on spreading atonement & then bursting damage.

If you see the video you can see it.

The point is that this is an exceptionally versatile specialization, because you can play with "Flintoid" style, spot-healing with SM or working on a "Spread atonement" style & burst healing.

You can heal in any possible way (or any way needed by Raid itself) & still do 2% raid dps.

Good!

He doesn't mention it in his video, but his healing looks a lot better than it actually is because he fails to take into account the damage that he's doing to the people he's healing with shadow mend. I dunno how to pick through the logs to see how much it amounts to, but you can see that e.g. on himself he looks like he did like 25% more shadow mend healing than he actually did since he did that much back in damage to himself.

So all his stats are inflated. He's definitely not #1 on dragons of nightmare, for example, even though the logs show him as such and he himself thinks he is.

Though it still seems like a viable way to play. It's honestly how I had hoped disc would play: Spot-heal with shadow mend then heal the damage you do to them with the dot with your atonement.

i just completed 5 mythics with pugs with not even one wipe and none dead and also complete a mythic+ with a pug (we beat the timer without bl) and no wipes at all , so i feel ok for today's raid. I had plenty of time to smite and pull around 22-30k dps , my echo of light took take of everything to allow me dps
    Well, today I had a pretty good lunch at work. It was a sammic with cheese and ham and then I put some majoy on there and added some paprika and a bit of my favourite spices. It was great man.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

It's nice to see a different style of play be reasonably viable, though I'm not convinced that it is strictly better than the burst style, except perhaps on fights that have damage patterns that do not lend themselves well to that. One thing to keep in mind here though is the output from WCL is a bit misleading. You have to remember to deduct the HP lost from the Shadowmend DoT if you want to get the actual effective healing. Just taking Ursoc as an example, Flintoid did 65m healing in total, but inflicted 4.8m damage. So his output is inflated by ~7% on that fight. I imagine that has an impact on some of these ranks.

I also have concerns about the sustainability of this style for mana. OOM after 3 minutes even considering this style is heavily carried by a trinket that might eventually be outscaled (though again, maybe not, if you pull it on Mythic+) and the fact he's a BE with fairly significant mana regen from the racial too.

Deleted
    Yes, obviously SM damage "tricks" the charts, but remove that 7%, i'm still convinced that the result, but more than that, the flexibility to choose the style of gameplay - is a good indicator on how Discipline Priest can perform well in DPS\Healing adapting to fight necessity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    So all his stats are inflated. He's definitely not #1 on dragons of nightmare, for example, even though the logs show him as such and he himself thinks he is.
    Anyone who brags about getting a rank 1 parse on patch day, when you're comparing yourself against 22 other parses is hilarious. And this is coming from me. Your rankings on day 1 literally mean nothing.

The thing about his "playstyle" is that why even bother going disc if this is how youre going to play. He could just roll holy and do it better and more effectively. Really doesn't make sense.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of other Discipline Priest that are doing well (even better than Flintoid) working on spreading atonement & then bursting damage.
    The ones doing well with Totals haste stacking, atonement covering, burst healing style are going OOM in 4 minutes or less just like Flint.

Now I'm just waiting for people to realize:
    - that haste is the only stat that doesn't increase HPM.
    - Flints SM style isn't reliant on haste.
    - Mastery still makes up over 50% of healing.
    - Fights in mythic last longer than 4 minutes.
    - Crit > Vers/Mastery > Haste is actually the best stat weight setup.

The MW board understands that haste is their highest HPS stat, especially with specific legendaries and yet haste is their lowest priority stat weight because they understand that they don't have the mana to support haste stacking and that HPM is important.

How long are we going to have to wait for Discs to understand this also?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Atonement, not mastery.

Deleted

4:40 -> "For this style, the spot healing style that I'm adapting. That I'm... pretty much creating" - Flintoid, 21 Sept 2016.

Wrong.

Yeah, it just leaves Crit and Versatility as literally the only usable stats.

So? Mastery is trash if Atonement is only 55% of healing. The difference point is 70%, not 50%.

Yes, this is why it is actually not as good as it appears. Notice how all of Flintoid's fight durations are lower than every other person in the top rankings that he uses as "proof" of using Shadow Mend being good.

State your reasoning. Oh, I forgot, you don't have any except for the absolutely wrong statement that haste doesn't increase HPM.

How long until people like you that don't know anything and have never contributed anything even resembling a rational argument stop asserting your uninformed opinion on everyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

About the actual Shadow Mend spothealing, yes it works... okay (not great, keep in mind that I DID THE MOST HEALING OUT OF ALL HEALERS EVER was essentially just a 3 healed 30 man fight because 2 of the healers were absolute trash), but only when nobody has any clue what they are doing (lots of random individual damage to spot heal) and only right now at this moment in the first week of EN.

Shadow Mend making up 30% of your healing does not scale with:

-Stats that aren't Crit and Versatility

-Any artifact traits whatsoever

-Raids in which your other healers aren't bad, and your DPS don't take tons of damage from standing in random things

This isn't even a new idea. It was explored months and months ago, and found that when every single other healer functions on spot healing (dunno why Flintoid says in the video that everybody else mass heals the raid.. he should probably ask people in his own guild how other healers work) and it essentially just does what a Holy Priest does, but much worse, that it's not actually very good. It's a passable way to play, but it won't hold up in Mythic and it's not like it's amazing in Heroic.

Totem can you explain how Haste does increase HPM, I'm a little confused on that. Unless you're talking about SW: P increasing HPM passively by more ticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones doing well with Totals haste stacking, atonement covering, burst healing style are going OOM in 4 minutes or less just like Flint.

Now I'm just waiting for people to realize:

The MW board understands that haste is their highest HPS stat, especially with specific legendaries and yet haste is their lowest priority stat weight because they understand that they don't have the mana to support haste stacking and that HPM is important.

It's interesting that most good disc priests are stacking haste, and you're just some random suggesting to not stack haste.

It's almost like haste is a good stat.

Stick to mistweaver mate.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-09-21 at 04:51 PM.