Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baeldin View Post
    It's not free. It comes at the cost of blessing of might on another player. Sure, the difference is almost negligible, but neither BoK nor BoW are required in mythics, so strictly speaking using them is a waste of damage. But this seems nowhere relevant enough to open a thread and be upset about it. Also, they might simply not be aware that BoK and BoW isn't worth it. They come into the group, thinking about who the most important roles are and instinctively hand the corresponding buffs to the tank and the healer.
    I dare say that it's worth opening a thread about it purely for the sake of letting more people know what you should bless. Just go through the posts here and you'll find people who didn't know how the blessing system worked fully until reading this one, so I dare say this thread has already done a good job helping out. Plus I can always hope it'll help me (and others) in the future to see more Retribution paladins buff right and not have me/them explain all of this over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    It's a god damn random. If we go by your level of nit pickishiness, just being ret is already a liability much bigger than the wrong buff that is in no way needed for Highlord Faesrol to help clear a dungeon that has a 15% buff baked in.
    it's a goddamn performance issue.
    You either do good, or you don't.
    Best performance is achieved with 3x GBoM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I've -never- met another Retribution paladin who blesses 3x Might.
    I do unless the healer specifically requests wisdom, triple might is kind of standard practice for most rets though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    it's a goddamn performance issue.
    You either do good, or you don't.
    Best performance is achieved with 3x GBoM.
    Yup. Just because you're Retribution, you don't get a "free pass" to perform even worse when you're already a crippled dps spec. Do your best despite your position - 3x Might.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I do unless the healer specifically requests wisdom, triple might is kind of standard practice for most rets though.
    Well, can I meet more like you then, please? : <

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    you have to train then to not request it. they must fear even thinking about asking you!
    ask my WL alt about dark intent ... good times ...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do ret buffs stack? Im guessing it doesn't.

Well I can bandage your SPAS-12 gutwound with a ribbon. Will it count as help much?
    That's what gbok and gbow are.
    They don't require any work mid combat so it isn't the same thing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Do you mean several rets buffing the same DPS? Yes the can and the different might buffs can proc of other mights proccs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    They do if you have several Retribution paladins casting the same greater blessing on the same person. But one paladin can't bless the same person with more than one of the same blessing, no.

Edit: Too late, darn it! Though didn't know procs could proc upon procs. That's nice!

Deleted
    Wether they toss kings on the tank and wisdom on the healer and might on themselves...
    Or noticing that I've got my Might on them and they only use kings and wisdom on themselves... thus leaving one blessing unused. . . ("Don't worry, I've done all mythics." they say.)

I've end up in several dungeons with another Retribution paladin and no matter how much I try to explain that a 40K absorb every 6 seconds and a 1% Health/Mana regen every 15 seconds are just not worth it, it's -impossible- to convince them. Unless Blizzard buffs those two Greater Blessings, please, don't be a burden on the rest of the dungeon group. ;_:

Thank you~

But its Utility!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    Do you mean several rets buffing the same DPS? Yes the can and the different might buffs can proc of other mights proccs.
    Yep, thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

But its Utility!
    Oh, I buy that.

For the enemies we're facing since we'll just cripple ourselves with the other two blessings when Might is an option...!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They don't require any work mid combat so it isn't the same thing.
    and your point being...?

Analogies are hard I know, but please keep it up at least somewhat.

and your point being...?

Analogies are hard I know, but please keep it up at least somewhat.
    I'll use pictures and smaller words next time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    that should have been storms line... I think you should revisit storms initial comment and tink about it again

you could start using your brain to begin with.
    That way you'd have a clue about the topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know, I'd be pretty interested to see people defending the idea of not using 3x Might in dungeons in a more constructive manner than just spouting out (Not all of you, but a lot) "I'm a selfish/lazy person who do not care about doing the best for the group despite that it requires 'no' extra input.", and try bring up some of the facts how GBoK and GBoW are better in dungeons when there are definitely 3 dps you can bless with Might.

You know, I'd be pretty interested to see people defending the idea of not using 3x Might in dungeons in a more constructive manner than just spouting out (Not all of you, but a lot) "I'm a selfish/lazy person who do not care about doing the best for the group despite that it requires 'no' extra input.", and try bring up some of the facts how GBoK and GBoW are better in dungeons when there are definitely 3 dps you can bless with Might.
    One can dream

I once told a Ret paladin to use Mightx3 and he casted it on me three times and that was it.
    :I

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    If it's a random, I'll do what I want with my blessings. At least I use them.
    Man, and I thought the Ret Paladins I encountered were random cases of noobs. Looks like this issue is much more widespread than I thought.