Deleted

[Havoc] Pre Raid Gear ;)

So, on the last evening before the Raid opens...what fine gear did you all manage to get your hands on?

I mainly went for crafted pieces, "of the Decimator" that is - so with the Darkmoon Trinket (which only activates infight) i have 55-57% Crit, depending on the Trinket. (Blazefury - EU Blackrock)

Anyone went for sth else then massive amounts of crit?

I got 10k crit, 3.7k vers, 3k haste, but trinkets aint that sweet, 840 agi stack trinket and that haste trinket from suramar mythics 840 too. God I guess I need DMF trinket unless Normal Ursoc will feed me
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do not want to go pure crit. If you run a sim, versatility and haste will have better scaling until you increase them; mostly versatility anyway, haste is not that important. Additionally, having pure crit is causing is suboptimal for AoE were versatility is better and significantly better in your case.

Crit > Ver > Haste >>>>> Mastery

Constantly run sims for AoE and single target with Fel Barrage and Chaos Blade and find the proper balance for your gear. Check here for a trinket list; Darkmoon Trinket is very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    You do not want to go pure crit. If you run a sim, versatility and haste will have better scaling until you increase them; mostly versatility anyway, haste is not that important. Additionally, having pure crit is causing is suboptimal for AoE were versatility is better and significantly better in your case.

Crit > Ver > Haste >>>>> Mastery

Constantly run sims for AoE and single target with Fel Barrage and Chaos Blade and find the proper balance for your gear. Check here for a trinket list; Darkmoon Trinket is very, very good.
    Hmm, is that trinket list up to date? I read in another thread about Faulty Countermeasure being bugged in sims orginally simming higher than it really is. In my sim the trinket seems to be dogshit and sim gives 1k higher dps with a 835 world agil/crit vs a 845 Faulty Countermeasure.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest4 View Post
    Hmm, is that trinket list up to date? I read in another thread about Faulty Countermeasure being bugged in sims orginally simming higher than it really is. In my sim the trinket seems to be dogshit and sim gives 1k higher dps with a 835 world agil/crit vs a 845 Faulty Countermeasure.
    Yeah, I don't know.

I am working towards that trinket list for now. Unfortunately, Havoc doesn't have the kind of community behind it with a billion different resources for research. I've been really unlucky with trinkets this expansion so it is impossible for me to play around and test the validity.

Deleted
    Maybe not the right place/thread to ask this, but here I go - In the most places I read about havoc I can't understand why haste and versatility are ranked almost as high as crit and way way higher than mastery?
    I am confused after knowing that Chaos Strike does chaos damage, increased directly by mastery, and that crits from Chaos Strike return half of the Fury cost. Not to mention that (if I understand it right) mastery could "double dip" if Chaos Blades are chosen as lvl 110 tallent.
    The common logic should be "If I have a lot of Mastery my main spender will hit harder and If I have a lot of crit, I can spam more Chaos Strikes and less Demon Bites". Can someone explain that to me please?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Maybe not the right place/thread to ask this, but here I go - In the most places I read about havoc I can't understand why haste and versatility are ranked almost as high as crit and way way higher than mastery?
    I am confused after knowing that Chaos Strike does chaos damage, increased directly by mastery, and that crits from Chaos Strike return half of the Fury cost. Not to mention that (if I understand it right) mastery could "double dip" if Chaos Blades are chosen as lvl 110 tallent.
    The common logic should be "If I have a lot of Mastery my main spender will hit harder and If I have a lot of crit, I can spam more Chaos Strikes and less Demon Bites". Can someone explain that to me please?
    Haste increases DPS by reducing GCD and increasing auto-attack attack speed; the reduced GCD by extension means more Demon's Bite, more Chaos Strikes AND potentially extra GCDs during Momentum window.

Crit increases all damage except for Eye Beam, refunds fury on Chaos Strike Crit, and does extra damage on Chaos Strike crit.

Mastery increases Chaos Damage and even more during Chaos Blades.

Versatility increases ALL damage; it increases damage less rapidly than mastery but since it affects all our damage it is a superior stat.

TL;DR: Mastery has too low scaling even with a Chaos Blades build to be something worth gearing for; it is even worse when you actually realise that it is absolutely trash in AoE or without Chaos Blades.