Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You couldn't miss the point more if you actively went out of your way and tried. Why is it that all of these responses are 99% off topic and do not address the issues at hand at all.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur. Either you come up with some proper and convincing arguments aswell as proof for them or I might aswell claim that the game and forum would be better off without people like you. A whole lot. Would improve discussion culture and productive argumentation a whole lot for that matter.

It's similar to their attempt at forcing people to engage at least in casual PvP, i.e world quests and underbelly. For some reason they appear to be convinced forcing everyone to engage in all parts of the game is a grand idea. It is not, very much not. It's a terrible idea.

I've been with you right there on this being an issue in the long run, even most of my PvP Guild didn't want to believe it. They were convinced the drops would be at least remotely reasonable and that PvP giving proper gear would end up inflating ratings as more people would participate. The moment they equated Gladiators (0,5%) to Mythic Raiders was when things started to get rather suspect and questionable.

The problem is, it's worse of a train weck than anyone could've thought. The item levels are absurdly hilarious low. 805 for BGs, for the 840 pieces you need to do world quests. These pieces aren't even particularly great. I've gotten several Titanforged items from Mythic Dungeons and a bunch of warforged who leave them in the dust for barely any effort.

I think they might be trying to force people into all kind of content to inflate the ammount of content there is for everyone to do, thus allowing them to avoid some of the droughts. It's not going to work. It's simply not. It's going to piss off people all across the spectrum and rile them up against one another. The PvE crowd got furious over Underbelly to the point that they kept spamming the forum. Now they've taken to taunting and insulting the PvP crowd who is increasingly getting unhappy about their loot or the non existence if said loot. It's a disaster in the making that's only going to get worse.

The gear is a huge issue and is only going to get worse with the raids opening. People will notice and they wont be particularly happy about it. Another problem is, the entire PvP is in a horrid state. People die within a few GCD when faced with certain melees. They simply explode through healing and defensive CDs. The balance is as bad as I haven't seen it in a long time.

Couple it with healers across the board being hilarious weak and we're in for a train wreck of a season.
    The "real issues" like people having 2% more stats than you? OH THE HORROR.

Imagine those people who are trying to break 2.4 for the first time and the people they face have 1% more stats than them... how is it possible for them to win?

Maybe we will see a new god tier of players that are able to overcome the massive odds of a 1% stat advantage. We never know.

I am disgusted that people who are slightly higher rated than me will have 1% more stats. Even an increase of 0.004% would of been too much. This is preposterous! I demand a refund of Legion, PvP will be unplayable!

Get real. The gear gap in instanced PvP is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-09-20 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    The "real issues" like people having 2% more stats than you? OH THE HORROR.

Imagine those people who are trying to break 2.4 for the first time and the people they face have 1% more stats than them... how is it possible for them to win?

Maybe we will see a new god tier of players that are able to overcome the massive odds of a 1% stat advantage. We never know.

I am disgusted that people who are slightly higher rated than me will have 1% more stats. Even an increase of 0.004% would of been too much. This is preposterous! I demand a refund of Legion, PvP will be unplayable!

Get real. The gear gap in instanced PvP is irrelevant.
    But the lack of any reason to even participate in said PvP at all (casually or rated) is not.

Enjoy that wholesale ladder collapse.

I cant fathom why some players are accepting of the entire destruction of the PVP system for in favor of this RNG on top of RNG and more RNG garbage? How is this even remotely fun?

People would say : Oh Demon hunter is so squishy, they get killed in one stun.
    But they still do too much damage, you know it, I know it.

Gear should matter in pvp, at least secondary stats.
    If you feel your class is squishy, you cant stack versatility which sucks a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyT View Post
    People would say : Oh Demon hunter is so squishy, they get killed in one stun.
    But they still do too much damage, you know it, I know it.
    I die just as fast in a stun, but DHs are the ones who does the killing, they dont even need cc to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    If you feel your class is squishy, you cant stack versatility which sucks a lot.
    Versatility is actually one of the best stats for some dps specs =)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    But the lack of any reason to even participate in said PvP at all (casually or rated) is not.

Enjoy that wholesale ladder collapse.
    Why are there lack of reasons?

There are the same reasons there have always been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I die just as fast in a stun, but DHs are the ones who does the killing, they dont even need cc to do that.
    I will miss my 35% versatility.

Melee fest. Probably stay like this for whole season because Holinka have proven to have no idea about rated pvp.

worst pvp ever. DH's do ridiculously stupid damage and you cant peel them because theyre mobility is ridiculously high. Warriors have been hitting me with overpower for 200k, and rogues have so many CD's that prevent you from killing them, while also having the best CC and damage in the game. Resto druid life is a bitch. Nothing like getting crit for 150k melee strikes repeatedly, while my hots tick for 20k... wooooo

Sticking to pve where the game isn't so retardedly imbalanced

Clearly world of meleecraft. Reroll rogue, WW, warrior or DH and have fun. Else just skip pvp for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by squeekinator View Post
    worst pvp ever. DH's do ridiculously stupid damage and you cant peel them because theyre mobility is ridiculously high. Warriors have been hitting me with overpower for 200k, and rogues have so many CD's that prevent you from killing them, while also having the best CC and damage in the game. Resto druid life is a bitch. Nothing like getting crit for 150k melee strikes repeatedly, while my hots tick for 20k... wooooo

Sticking to pve where the game isn't so retardedly imbalanced
    It's pretty brutal for resto druids. Have you unlocked all your honor talents? It does help a lot. That being said, bursty seasons do not favor druids in general since it doesn't give us enough time for our hots to do work. We are definitely one of the weaker if not weakest healers next to priests in pvp.

Why are there lack of reasons?

There are the same reasons there have always been.
    Really? You can get the same BiS-for-PvP gear as a casual as you can from high-rated play? That was the ONLY incentive for the scrubs to fill up the ladder.

The fact that they could (however slowly) progress to have BiS PvP gear no matter their rating encouraged them to get on the ladder even if it was just for points. The ladder system REQUIRES a broad base of low-rated players to prop up the top. It's simple math guys.

With no incentive to get on the ladder, (given that 85% of players will NEVER receive gear better than they can get from WQs/crafting/Mythic dungeons - simple math here) the ladder will deflate and collaps - just like it did in LK when gear was gated behind rating.

When healers are having fun, no one else is. Glad it's the other way around for once.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? You can get the same BiS-for-PvP gear as a casual as you can from high-rated play? That was the ONLY incentive for the scrubs to fill up the ladder.

The fact that they could (however slowly) progress to have BiS PvP gear no matter their rating encouraged them to get on the ladder even if it was just for points. The ladder system REQUIRES a broad base of low-rated players to prop up the top. It's simple math guys.

With no incentive to get on the ladder, (given that 85% of players will NEVER receive gear better than they can get from WQs/crafting/Mythic dungeons - simple math here) the ladder will deflate and collaps - just like it did in LK when gear was gated behind rating.
    I think you're stuck in some casual mindset.

You thought people only played rated for gear?

Not a casual mindset, he is actualy right, its still MMORPG. Many people enjoy gearing up process be it pvp or pve, what is whole point of RPG based games.
    Also i loled when i saw 5 ranked premade groups in LFG after opening xD.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Not a casual mindset, he is actualy right, its still MMORPG. Many people enjoy gearing up process be it pvp or pve, what is whole point of RPG based games.
    Also i loled when i saw 5 ranked premade groups in LFG after opening xD.
    It is a casual mindset.

People think that gear is the only thing in the game, to the extent that a 1% stat difference is an outrage to them.

They don't know you can actually be good at the game. They don't know what gladiator is. To them, it's "the player with the best gear wins in everything"

I think you're stuck in a cosmically deluded mindset.

you think the 85% of people filling up the bottom of the ladder were playing because they thought lightning would strike and they were somehow just a currently-embarrassed 2200 player?

It is a casual mindset.

People think that gear is the only thing in the game, to the extent that a 1% stat difference is an outrage to them.

They don't know you can actually be good at the game. They don't know what gladiator is. To them, it's "the player with the best gear wins in everything"
    Its not casual mindset, its playing a core mechanic in RPG game. Yes its anti-balance, anti-esport , anti-whatever, buy you cannot blame them for wanting "gearing" in RPG.
    Its not about 1% stat difference, its about fact that gearing in pvp doesnt exists anymore and gear for pvp doesnt work in pvp, so pvp is pointless for many players, bcs actual "gearing process" doesnt happen.

It is a casual mindset.
    Since rated PvPers make up about 8% of the players who PvP at endgame.... what exactly is the issue with a casual mindset. They VASTLY outnumber hardcores.

People think that gear is the only thing in the game,
    Not gear, per se, but meaningful progression in a progression-based MMORPG.

to the extent that a 1% stat difference is an outrage to them.
    No, lack of meaningful progression is an outrage.

They don't know you can actually be good at the game.
    How good you are is irrelevant. Its a pyramidal based ladder system. If the 85% of people at the bottom of the ladder leave... guess what? The ladder is now smaller, and 85% of the remaining 15% will see their ratings fall to the bottom of the ladder. Because that is how it works. its MATH. Or do you not realize you can only be a 2200 player if there are hundreds of 1500 players at the bottom?

They don't know what gladiator is. To them, it's "the player with the best gear wins in everything"
    This is so deluded it's not even worth responding to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Its not casual mindset, its playing a core mechanic in RPG game. Yes its anti-balance, anti-esport , anti-whatever, buy you cannot blame them for wanting "gearing" in RPG.
    Its not about 1% stat difference, its about fact that gearing in pvp doesnt exists anymore and gear for pvp doesnt work in pvp, so pvp is pointless for many players, bcs actual "gearing process" doesnt happen.
    ding ding ding.

How good you are is irrelevant. Its a pyramidal based ladder system. If the 85% of people at the bottom of the ladder leave... guess what? The ladder is now smaller, and 85% of the remaining 15% will see their ratings fall to the bottom of the ladder. Because that is how it works. its MATH. Or do you not realize you can only be a 2200 player if there are hundreds of 1500 players at the bottom?
    This is what a lot of people don't seem to understand, including holinka.