Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SPriest: When does the DPS get better

What's the gear breakpoint for hitting 200k+ on bosses? I'm sitting at 838 ilvl, 28% haste, 24% crit and 33% mastery. I don't have my 3rd relic slot unlocked on my artifact so that may be the issue but I do have Mass Hysteria unlocked. I'm not using STM I'm currently getting about 100k-150k on bosses depending on how much of the mechanics require movement. Is 100k-150k normal for my gear level? If so, when does it start to improve?

3rd relic slot is huge. I started hitting 200k+ around 842.

What talents are you running?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah what DJ is asking for would help people guide you a little better. I'll echo about the 3rd relic slot being a pretty significant boost to damage done. Learning fights so you can execute them better does a lot too. (ie knowing when to hold off on Void Torrent so you don't get interrupted during the channel)

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    knowing when to hold off on Void Torrent so you don't get interrupted during the channel
    Nothing more annoying as a priest than getting this skill interrupted >>

Quote Originally Posted by Cennyan View Post
    What's the gear breakpoint for hitting 200k+ on bosses? I'm sitting at 838 ilvl, 28% haste, 24% crit and 33% mastery. I don't have my 3rd relic slot unlocked on my artifact so that may be the issue but I do have Mass Hysteria unlocked. I'm not using STM I'm currently getting about 100k-150k on bosses depending on how much of the mechanics require movement. Is 100k-150k normal for my gear level? If so, when does it start to improve?
    3rd relic slot is a huge gain for just about everyone. That's a plus 36 item level upgrade from the quest reward relic alone. I gained a solid 20-30k DPS minimum when I unlocked mine. There's also some other things consider like Trinkets (I'm currently suffering from garbage trinkets - the trinket procs alone add up to pretty decent chunks of peoples' overall DPS).

I'd say 150k isn't terrible for your gear in my personal opinion. It also seems that Mass Hysteria is much more valuable if you run S2M, since it gives you that much more time to stack it.

Just hurry up and get that 3rd relic slot unlocked and see where you stand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    That was probably my biggest personal performance issue in our raids last night. I only managed to get like half of my VoiTs full duration -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    And with so many knockbacks and stuns in these dungeons its so important to know when it's coming up. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    And with so many knockbacks and stuns in these dungeons its so important to know when it's coming up. Sheesh.
    Well it's not a problem knowing them now just annoying the first time around.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not a problem knowing them now just annoying the first time around.
    Agreed. 100000000% Not to add all of the annoying movement mechanics in general (anything with a pushback I really hate)

Twist of Fate, Void Lord, Auspicious Spirits, Bender and LotV.

And yes, my trinkets are garbage.

Deleted
    when blizzard wakes up we will (maybe) get better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomoya View Post
    when blizzard wakes up we will (maybe) get better
    Everything being balanced around StM and that not really being an option for Mythic+ will probably push them into some direction, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cennyan View Post
    Twist of Fate, Void Lord, Auspicious Spirits, Bender and LotV.

And yes, my trinkets are garbage.
    Third relic slot will help you break your plateau. What's your rotation look like?

Without StM, and at 846 ilvl, anytime I start my Void Torrent with the last .5 sec of PI, I manage between 220k and 240k for a boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Without StM, and at 846 ilvl, anytime I start my Void Torrent with the last .5 sec of PI, I manage between 220k and 240k for a boss fight.
    You know that Void Torrent doesn't snapshot right?

Deleted
    What's your rotation look like?
    Sorry for hijacking the thread and going in to off-topic but what his rotation should be like?

Curious what you meant with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    Sorry for hijacking the thread and going in to off-topic but what his rotation should be like?

Curious what you meant with that statement.
    well by rotation I mean priority list which should mirror: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...and-Discussion

You know that Void Torrent doesn't snapshot right?
    I guess I didn't, should probably read theorycrafting threads, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    I guess I didn't, should probably read theorycrafting threads, huh?
    It should since most channeling spells do.

Deleted
    How do I get more haste? Currently ilvl845, 3rd relic unlocked, 19% haste. Pulling 140k on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by YaMatehStyle View Post
    How do I get more haste? Currently ilvl845, 3rd relic unlocked, 19% haste. Pulling 140k on bosses.
    What's your armory? You need more haste on gear.