Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Thank goodness I ditched my 200 days played warlock some time ago already. Blizz always screws warlocks mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    MoP being the most fun era of lock, not from my perspective

Besides what you're saying is that locks aren't tanky, but they are and justifying 1 lock vs 4-6 melee jumping us in a bg as no tankiness is a poor choice of evaluation though.

In most cases 1 form of escape is not nearly enough to truly open a gap between you and most melee these days and the thing is people talk as if blizz gave us one extra tool of escape, circle has been in the talents since prepatch yet no one chose it over dark pact for a reason and that is because 1 escape is not nearly enough right now.

The fact that blizz is moving the talent to another tier does not mean we'll get extra mobility with the same tankiness, they're basically depriving the choice of tankiness vs mobility and simply saying this is your only choice , which is bad in general because at this stage of the game 2x tankiness talents > 1 tankiness + 1 mobility talent so it is an effective nerf to locks in pvp.

What they should've done is given demon skin as baseline talent to further reinforce the tankiness model and added a slow in the CC tier so that we can finally choose an actual CC.

For example of possible new talents in CC tier , Affliction : corruption now slows the target for 50% for 8 secs, destro: conflag now snares the target for 50% lasts 8 secs, demo : your call dreadstalkers snare the target for 50% over 8 secs. etc.

And thus you'll be able to choose which CC you want in the tier, instead of being forced to go demon skin and no other choice or demonic circle and still no other possible choice.

^ this is better design than "circle and demon skin have swapped places ".
    Ofc, any design would be better than teleport and demon skin swap. Blizz is just lazy when it comes to Warlocks. They had to change Demo, since the coolest abilities went to DHs. What a change lol. You should check this page: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...8938344?page=1

I'm not grateful that Blizz is giving what they took.

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    Ofc, any design would be better than teleport and demon skin swap. Blizz is just lazy when it comes to Warlocks. They had to change Demo, since the coolest abilities went to DHs. What a change lol. You should check this page: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...8938344?page=1

I'm not grateful that Blizz is giving what they took.
    That thread is the absolute perfect response.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    "Ofc, any design would be better than teleport and demon skin swap. Blizz is just lazy when it comes to Warlocks. They had to change Demo, since the coolest abilities went to DHs. "

anyone remeber a glyph of dameon hunting from mop? with that the demo turned into melee warlock and was really similar with legion daemonhunter...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Ion went on stream and said that since warlocks are tanky they should do shit dps, now they also remove the tankiness, I hope we will actually do some dps since we are a fuckin pure dps clas, with THREE DPS SPECS not a tank.
    False. He said they should have shit mobility which they do. Damage right now is because of poor tuning and bad mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    False. He said they should have shit mobility which they do. Damage right now is because of poor tuning and bad mechanics
    In raids having more hp and armor doesn't help your performance, it only save healers mana.
    Boss abilities will kill you if do not move out of them, so how exactly does being tanky actually helps a warlock?
    I would give 50% of my hp/armor for 20% more dmg and anyone else who raids would.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    That thread is the absolute perfect response.
    That thread feels weird, feel's like a massive trollfest that is bound to get us nerfed when the only reason demo feels strong in pvp is because of fel lord in 2s skirms vs 2x melee scrubs who don't even know what it is and sit inside it's radius till they die.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    That thread feels weird, feel's like a massive trollfest that is bound to get us nerfed when the only reason demo feels strong in pvp is because of fel lord in 2s skirms vs 2x melee scrubs who don't even know what it is and sit inside it's radius till they die.
    If the people in charge of development can't see the screaming sarcasm in that thread, they are utterly incompetent and we're fucked anyway.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    utterly incompetent and we're fucked anyway.
    Are we playing state the obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    tell me which DPS class is worse? (Note dps class means pure dps class. Warlock, Mage, Hunter, Rogue).

Tell me. They all have stuff going for them in areas they excel at and even better they are good damage dealers.

if you think warlocks are good and should be a high priority class for a good raiding guild then you are dead wrong.
    They are not amazing and not the highest priority. They might also be the "worst" out of those classes, but also not in all scenario's. But it's not the sky is falling the end of the world bad as people are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    They are not amazing and not the highest priority. They might also be the "worst" out of those classes, but also not in all scenario's. But it's not the sky is falling the end of the world bad as people are making it out to be.
    im just curious.what could happen for you to say "okay the sky is falling the end of world".we are not fun to play.again we are not "fun" to play.even if we are fun,it doesnt make any difference in raids or dungeons.because i dont enjoy what im doing.and yet somehow we seem good for others.yeah i know bitching over stuff is pointless,but things are not that "its okay" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    its only the first pass remember. i was actually expecting this change when demon skin was first introduced in beta but it never happened. its an expected change imo.

what i'd like to see now is burning rush moved to where mortal coil is, mortal coil moved to the pvp tree, dark bargain implemented where burning rush was but work as a full immunity and shadowfury to be made instant again

then mana tap to be replaced with some passive mana talent such as the old chaotic energies for those who hate life tap and for healthstones to heal as much as potions
    First pass was about 8 months ago in alpha

They just need to give us demonic circle baseline and make shadowflame as a conal snare take its place.

Demon Skin should not compete with dark pact, that's just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Drukqs View Post
    im just curious.what could happen for you to say "okay the sky is falling the end of world".we are not fun to play.again we are not "fun" to play.even if we are fun,it doesnt make any difference in raids or dungeons.because i dont enjoy what im doing.and yet somehow we seem good for others.yeah i know bitching over stuff is pointless,but things are not that "its okay" anymore.
    Maybe for you. I am enjoying warlock plenty. This is of course personal. I just finished the first clear for Emerald Nightmare on normal. Mainly playing destruction personally. Pure ST bosses seemed to be most difficult to perform well on compared to other classes, but on add fights it wasn't bad at all numbers wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    Maybe for you. I am enjoying warlock plenty. This is of course personal. I just finished the first clear for Emerald Nightmare on normal. Mainly playing destruction personally. Pure ST bosses seemed to be most difficult to perform well on compared to other classes, but on add fights it wasn't bad at all numbers wise.
    im not talking about number wise.im usually doing top damage in dungeons but thats not my point.this playstyle HAS to change.this optimisim should end for us because it leads us nowhere.im really thinking their testing system fucked again like it was in WoD with demo.it feels they dont even play this game.they are just testing numbers and thats it.i dont want to save my conflags or rift charges so i can cast them on move.i want to spend them as quickly as i can but i dont have a choice.i must do that if i wanna do some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drukqs View Post
    im not talking about number wise.im usually doing top damage in dungeons but thats not my point.this playstyle HAS to change.this optimisim should end for us because it leads us nowhere.im really thinking their testing system fucked again like it was in WoD with demo.it feels they dont even play this game.they are just testing numbers and thats it.i dont want to save my conflags or rift charges so i can cast them on move.i want to spend them as quickly as i can but i dont have a choice.i must do that if i wanna do some shit.
    If it is not a numbers thing but a playstyle thing, then its a personal problem for not liking it. I enjoy my warlock. The guy I replied to was talking about numbers and us being the absolute worst. To which I replied: nice overreacting.

literally 99.99999% of all people didn't see that the world wasn't flat a couple of hundred years ago.
    So..."literally", in the year 1816, only 1 person in 10 million knew that the world wasn't flat? Citation needed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzyzz View Post
    So..."literally", in the year 1816, only 1 person in 10 million knew that the world wasn't flat? Citation needed!
    we have to dig deeper captain!

we have to dig deeper captain!
    A quick Google indicates flat earth was widely debunked more than 200 years ago. But if your point was that the members of the "locks are fine" club are also eminently qualified to join the Flat Earth Society, then...yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyzz View Post
    A quick Google indicates flat earth was widely debunked more than 200 years ago. But if your point was that the members of the "locks are fine" club are also eminently qualified to join the Flat Earth Society, then...yes.
    Your evident "locks are trash " theory while attempting to insult all other opinions simply shows your inflated sense of superiority.

If you wish to relate the " locks are fine " club to a bunch of "the ignorant's club" while emphasizing your scientific and logical approach to said inferior opposing opinions you must also use said scientific and logical approach to analyze data from both parties not just yours, if no data of opposing party existed to disprove your theory then there would be no debate to make in the first place.

Hypocrisy highly devalues any logical approach any individual endeavors to make sir.