Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm sure you apply the same logic when a black kid gets killed by cops after resisting or with a gun.
    Because someone getting killed is the same thing as getting a small fine for trolling and verbally attack someone.

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    Because someone getting killed is the same thing as getting a small fine for trolling and verbally attack someone.
    It's a fine analogy. Slur -> fine = Resist/aim gun at officer -> get killed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Creeping fascism
    This prosecution is based on legislation originally from the 1860s, so it is creeping very slowly. Its ancient origins are the problem with it, as it has not been properly updated to account for modern forms of instant communication.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    This prosecution is based on legislation originally from the 1860s, so it is creeping very slowly. Its ancient origins are the problem with it, as it has not been properly updated to account for modern forms of instant communication.
    I fear it won't. A good % of the British Public are in favour of these kind of draconian restrictions.

Also, is this not based from the Communications Act that sets the standard exceptionally low?

Feels good to be American now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    I fear it won't. A good % of the British Public are in favour of these kind of draconian restrictions.

Also, is this not based from the Communications Act that sets the standard exceptionally low?
    It is, that legislation is a throwback to post and telegraph services, it needs a thorough reworking with the communication we have today.

At some point it will become a political issue and they will get around to amending it, but Westminster runs on Westminster time, so I expect we will have it just after we get our hoverboards.

Deleted
    It is, that legislation is a throwback to post and telegraph services, it needs a thorough reworking with the communication we have today.

At some point it will become a political issue and they will get around to amending it, but Westminster runs on Westminster time, so I expect we will have it just after we get our hoverboards.
    It will require society to support it, and I just don't see that. Imagine being the MP trying to take up the issue. "Minister of Trolling" would be the Daily Mail's word for them. This isn't even a left-right issue, it's bigger than that and the trends are getting worse. This is the first time I've seen it happen on Reddit. The guy also posted anonymously, so the police must've had Reddits co-operation.

Source

Looks like UK police overreach is now extending onto Reddit. This gets more and more disturbing.

- - - Updated - - -

The actual comment, the bulk of the comment (which the article of course omitted) is a character assessment against the person in question. Who knows if it is correct, but the man has every right to express his opinion.
    Wow. Pretty ridiculous. Glad I don't live in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will require society to support it, and I just don't see that. Imagine being the MP trying to take up the issue. "Minister of Trolling" would be the Daily Mail's word for them. This isn't even a left-right issue, it's bigger than that and the trends are getting worse. This is the first time I've seen it happen on Reddit. The guy also posted anonymously, so the police must've had Reddits co-operation.
    Labour may want it changed, if enough of their members start getting fines for the anti-Semitism expressed on social media. I doubt the Conservatives would give a shit.

Deleted
    Labour may want it changed, if enough of their members start getting fines for the anti-Semitism expressed on social media. I doubt the Conservatives would give a shit.
    Perhaps the Lib Dems, their old student PC block deserted them after the tuition fees crap and so they could craft a more socially liberal audience, but they need to rebuild first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the Lib Dems, their old student PC block deserted them after the tuition fees crap and so they could craft a more socially liberal audience, but they need to rebuild first.
    We will get our hoverboards before the Lib Dems become relevant again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Good thing they left EU so they can stop being PC...

Oh wait, they're just doing that on their own volition.
    What did Brexit have to do with being politically correct?

$360? Yikes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Man, that is sickening.
    The guy didn't threaten anyone as far as I can see, so his only "Crime" is hurting the feelings of people who read his comments? You know how to deal with nefarious criminals like that? /ignore /report. Hopefully the guy is smart enough (which let's face it, he's not, with an attitude towards others like that) to sue Reddit.
    They have shown time and time again that they have no problem giving hate mobs a safe haven, as long as those hate mobs are directed towards something that they are also against.
    If Reddit allowed users (as in didn't take action against) to attack him, or ANYONE, then you could easily argue that they as a company are responsible for the damages that occur as a result of their negligence.
    They want to make a safe space, by turning their backs and giving sovereignty to their hate mob. It has worked so far, because no one has dared to go after them.

Free speech is alive and well across the pond eh?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Free speech is alive and well across the pond eh?
    Indeed. I can see it now accelerating to an even worse place. This is the first I've seen it relate to a Reddit comment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    This is a sickening mentality. Just lay down and take it. Let them take everything, whatever, just bend over and accept it? No I reject your world view. We fight for freedom.
    It's the progressive way. Forward is always better right?

Was often polled as one of the main reasons for Brexit: "Getting rid of EU's Liberal PC culture and getting our own culture back, bla bla"
    I thought it was mostly immigration, not political correctness.

Hitler would approve.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    wonder how much of this case was based up on his ethnicity, cos being anything other than white and being a victim seems to skyrocket anything that happens in the case

- - - Updated - - -

Was often polled as one of the main reasons for Brexit: "Getting rid of EU's Liberal PC culture and getting our own culture back, bla bla"
    god stop bringing your precious shitty EU into every thread i find you incredibly annoying cos you just talk about 1 thing