Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Herbalism, now that the masses have woken up....

All I can say is - I knew herbing would get more difficult when the raid opened and suddenly people needed pots. But holy cow. I've been all over Stormheim and I've picked up about 4 fjarnskaggl nodes. It's nasty out there. And this is WITH the sharding tech.

It's weird. I'm not seeing other players. I hardly ever seen one outside of the quest giver nodes. But I'll see herbs disappear before I can get to them, even though there's nobody there. And the respawn is abysmal.

About the only thing still easy to find is starlight roses, which ironically sell for the most... I think a lot of people avoid Suramar because it's "hard".

About the only thing still easy to find is starlight roses, which ironically sell for the most... I think a lot of people avoid Suramar because it's "hard".
    a fjarnskaggl node gives way more gold per node than starlight rose with current prices, at least on my server.

i thought nodes were personal not shared.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    All I can say is - I knew herbing would get more difficult when the raid opened and suddenly people needed pots. But holy cow. I've been all over Stormheim and I've picked up about 4 fjarnskaggl nodes. It's nasty out there. And this is WITH the sharding tech.

It's weird. I'm not seeing other players. I hardly ever seen one outside of the quest giver nodes. But I'll see herbs disappear before I can get to them, even though there's nobody there. And the respawn is abysmal.

Its more likely that people are running their alts and dont want/cant/have not reason to goto Surumar yet. Stormheim is usually the first/second place people goto level. I know I started leveling my Herb alt last night because fuck the AH prices for Herbs/Pots/Flasks. Im sure everyone else is doing the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    a fjarnskaggl node gives way more gold per node than starlight rose with current prices, at least on my server.
    It's been wildly fluctuating the last 48 hours - but overall, yes fjarnskagl is pretty good. If you can find it. Fjarn on my realm is so overpicked that the TIME spent for money is faster in Suramar, where there are often 2-3 starlight roses on my minimap within yards of each other, and right now they are selling for ~200g each. And I get a decent amount of withered spawns for extra roses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been wildly fluctuating the last 48 hours - but overall, yes fjarnskagl is pretty good. If you can find it. Fjarn on my realm is so overpicked that the TIME spent for money is faster in Suramar, where there are often 2-3 starlight roses on my minimap within yards of each other, and right now they are selling for ~200g each. And I get a decent amount of withered spawns for extra roses.
    Lucky you, in all of those roses I've picked, I think I've only ever spawned one...maybe two withered. >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    They are kind of both. They last until the first person harvests them plus ~ 30 seconds or whatever and then they despawn. Anyone can still harvest them before they despawn.

Its an improvement over the old system of one person one node.

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    Not quite, they allow multiple people to collect them before despawning. Imagine a timer runs after the first person collects from them, when the timer expires, they despawn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Lucky you, in all of those roses I've picked, I think I've only ever spawned one...maybe two withered. >.<
    I think I probably get 1 withered for every 20 roses or so? But I've ranked up, so maybe that helps. I rarely ever get dust anymore either.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely ever get dust anymore either.
    Lucky you. I get dust around half the time.

Fjarn nodes can go DIAF, it's so annoying collecting them.

I'll stick to the 200g a pop Starlight nodes that are close together, and I can almost instantly loot while mounted and farm a WoW token every 15-20 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    They are kind of both. They last until the first person harvests them plus ~ 30 seconds or whatever and then they despawn. Anyone can still harvest them before they despawn.

Its an improvement over the old system of one person one node.
    It's more like 10 seconds and not really an improvement. It's only helpful if you get there right at the same time, but the nodes are a far cry from "personal" and poorly representative of what they said last Blizzcon.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing thats kinda fucked up, is that you can "steal" other players FoxFlower dropped by the Foxes. I did that tonight, not intentionally, because I thought we could both take it, but he couldnt pick it up afterwards. I offered him them back of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    One thing thats kinda fucked up, is that you can "steal" other players FoxFlower dropped by the Foxes. I did that tonight, not intentionally, because I thought we could both take it, but he couldnt pick it up afterwards. I offered him them back of course.
    Psh hell with offering them back ... I was killing mobs next to a node when someone else ran up and took it so i took the fox dropped ones as much as i could.

Suramar is also a lot more heavily phased than the other world zones, so that might be having an impact on how many players 'seem' to be out gathering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    Suramar is also a lot more heavily phased than the other world zones, so that might be having an impact on how many players 'seem' to be out gathering.
    Maybe so. Suramar would not be dangerous at all, if there were a lot of players setting off the guards (and therefore running away or kiting or killing them so you could do your own thing unimpeded). Suramar would not really work if there were more than 2-3 other players in the vicinity on your "shard". However, the heavy sharding seems to apply to the entire zone, not just the city parts - I wander around the wilderness and hardly see another player.

Phasing aside, there are simply a LOT more rose nodes than fjarnskaggl nodes, period. There are also a metric ton of dreamleaf and a ton of aethril (and it's reflected in the AH quantities/prices, which are low for both). Foxflower and fjarnksaggl are the two that suck to gather.

I think both Highmountain and Stormheim suffer from such high percentages of both zones being "interior" and plant-less and/or rocky and mountainous cliffs (also plantless). They should have made up for that with a higher density of spawn points in the remaining areas, but they didn't, so these two zones feel much more sparsely "planted" than Aszuna, Val'sharah and Suramar.

I have seen the same node herbed by 4 separate players, not sure what you are on about.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I have seen the same node herbed by 4 separate players, not sure what you are on about.
    Yeah if they all arrive at the same time, that works out. I'm not seeing nodes, period. It's not that they get ninja'd. I literally walked all of Stormheim today and found 4 fjarkskaggl nodes (and those were in a place that was unaffected by current world quests, hard to get to with no real flight points nearby and I cliff dove to get to them.)

Maybe read the whole thread.

I've been finding the opposite to be true on Stormrage. I've run around Stormheim and farmed up an entire stack before I knew it. Then I headed over to Suramar and there's literally groups of people running from node to node, if you don't synchronize with them and run as a single group you can end up missing out on a bunch of nodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I've been finding the opposite to be true on Stormrage. I've run around Stormheim and farmed up an entire stack before I knew it. Then I headed over to Suramar and there's literally groups of people running from node to node, if you don't synchronize with them and run as a single group you can end up missing out on a bunch of nodes.
    That totally seems like sharding weirdness, doesn't it? I'm alone in Stormheim, I hardly see another player there this week except around Nithogg's spawn area and the nearby flight point. But I can run and run without seeing fjarnskaggl.

Suramar is the opposite for me. I don't see many people there either, but the roses are literally everywhere. I trip over them.