Essence of G'Hanir - "Combos"?

Hey there,

I just leveled my Druid to 110 yesterday and now I want to discuss the usage of our artifact spell, Essence of G'Hanir. At first I thought it would be pretty weak (I didn't really understand how the skill works) but now I think it's an amazing tool for enhancing our healing potential. If I'm right it increases the healing output of our HoTs bei 100% for its duration, right?

So now I would like to talk about the best combos or the best way to use G'Hanir - I just figured out that

Soul of the Forest --> Wild Growth --> Flourish --> Essence of G'Hanir

produces a massive amount of group healing. What are you favorite ways to use it?

Pretty sure that's the one...

Yeah that's basically it - the only thing to add to it would be refresh Lifebloom and rejuv or two first.

You can also pair Cenarion Ward+flourish+EoG for massive tank healing as well.

Another thing I just figured out is

Wild Growth --> Power of the Archdruid --> Soul of the Forrest --> Flourish --> Essence of G'Hanir for 3 massive Rejuvenations.

It doesn't benefit Tranquility cause it's no real "healing over time", does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Another thing I just figured out is

Wild Growth --> Power of the Archdruid --> Soul of the Forrest --> Flourish --> Essence of G'Hanir for 3 massive Rejuvenations.

It doesn't benefit Tranquility cause it's no real "healing over time", does it?
    #1, Power of the Archdruid is random - so you'd never want to count on it. (only 25% chance to proc and random targets for the extra rejuvs)

#2, you don't have any cast after Soul of the Forest in that example...so you are wasting the buff? Unless you meant to use it on Rejuv. (not sure if PoTA copies the empowered version of rejuv or not - but that still a massive loss compared to using SOTF on Wildgrowth)

#3 neither flourish, nor Essence has any effect on tranquility as it is not a hot.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-09-21 at 06:42 PM.

Sorry, I forgot Rejuvenation in that list. It's:

Wild Growth --> Power of the Archdruid --> Soul of the Forrest --> Rejuvenation --> Flourish --> Essence of G'Hanir

I'm going to test if PotA will copy the empowered version on the two additional targets. And it procs quite often, 25% sounds like not much but it's quite good.

Wild Growth --> Power of the Archdruid --> Soul of the Forrest --> Rejuvenation --> Flourish --> Essence of G'Hanir

I'm going to test if PotA will copy the empowered version on the two additional targets. And it procs quite often, 25% sounds like not much but it's quite good.
    the point is that the increased healing from SOTF on wild growth is usually way better than using it on a rejuv. Of course there will be scenarios where you'll end up using it on a rejuv, but if there's group damage out you never actually WANT to.

^ This. Also in part because WG smart targets, and PoTA does not; you are more likely to get a bigger bang for your buck.

For 5 man mythic healing -

Cenarian Ward on Tank > WG group while you wait for CW to trigger the hot > then pop Essence and Flourish for a ridiculous amount of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    the point is that the increased healing from SOTF on wild growth is usually way better than using it on a rejuv. Of course there will be scenarios where you'll end up using it on a rejuv, but if there's group damage out you never actually WANT to.
    Pretty sure you're right but I think it still could have some uses, especially when you don't need to heal your entire group and only 2 or 3 targets get incredible damage. The Mana-component might be important as well. I think in most situations what you said will end up being better but I would not totally deny it's usefulness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    For 5 man mythic healing -

Cenarian Ward on Tank > WG group while you wait for CW to trigger the hot > then pop Essence and Flourish for a ridiculous amount of healing.
    Thank you! That's what I'm looking for.

Hey there,

I just leveled my Druid to 110 yesterday and now I want to discuss the usage of our artifact spell, Essence of G'Hanir. At first I thought it would be pretty weak (I didn't really understand how the skill works) but now I think it's an amazing tool for enhancing our healing potential. If I'm right it increases the healing output of our HoTs bei 100% for its duration, right?

So now I would like to talk about the best combos or the best way to use G'Hanir - I just figured out that

Soul of the Forest --> Wild Growth --> Flourish --> Essence of G'Hanir

produces a massive amount of group healing. What are you favorite ways to use it?
    I would probably Essence of G'Hanir first and Flourish after. It's a tiny thing, but by Flourishing first you're wasting a little bit of WG healing that doesn't get empowered. In fact you might even want to Essence before the first WG.
    Essence lasts 8 seconds, so it's not like you're wasting it really.

As others pointed out, make sure your HoTs don't run out during the EoG, although with Flourish in there it should be a minor issue.

Final note: While this pro side of this combination is that it's really strong; the con side is that.... it's really strong. A bit too strong at times. There are a lot of situations where I need some extra healing, but this combination would just waste cooldowns; and popping either EoG or Flourish is generally enough.
    So while the combination of Flourish + EoG is great, it's also often overkill and you're better off using them at separate times to cover more overall healing with your cooldowns.

it's really good combined with WG, but it's also an incredible tank save (esp. w/cenarion/flourish)

So, I tested Power of the Archdruid and a SotF Rejuvenation - it doesn't spread the enhanced Rejuv, only the "normal" one - that's a bit disappointing and makes this combo definitely weaker.

Thank you for your insights. I just healed Mythics as Shaman and Monk yet and Druid is my third healer - maybe in Mythics it's useful, at least in raids. In normal situations it seems like an overkill, that's fore sure.

That's a waste of a SotF. Better to save it for your next Wild Growth. The staff won't buff the full duration of the Rejuvenation anyway, so you don't get much.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.