I totally popped StM too late on my fights last night. Will take a bit more time to get use to PI and it since I just stuck with MBender/LotV in Mythics. Probably should have given myself some more practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    I totally popped StM too late on my fights last night. Will take a bit more time to get use to PI and it since I just stuck with MBender/LotV in Mythics. Probably should have given myself some more practice.
    I have a Time to Die weak aura if you're interested. It helped me with timings. I should do better next week with StM though, I timed it well mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I have a Time to Die weak aura if you're interested. It helped me with timings. I should do better next week with StM though, I timed it well mostly.
    That would be awesome, I was just thinking about that this morning to see if there was an addon or something to tell me that. A simple WA would be nice and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    That would be awesome, I was just thinking about that this morning to see if there was an addon or something to tell me that. A simple WA would be nice and easy.
    Sure thing, i'll post it when I get home from work today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    please define "well".

If we're not at the top, it is not "well", it is garbage if you take into account the spec as a whole.
    Considering the spec is fun, if we're contributing an amount of damage that justifies our having a raid spot I'll define that as "well".

It's a game, lighten up and have some fun.

Shadow is not very fun to play in Emerald Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I disagree, I had a ball last night.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Considering the spec is fun, if we're contributing an amount of damage that justifies our having a raid spot I'll define that as "well".

It's a game, lighten up and have some fun.
    Thanks for the pep talk but it was really useless.

Fun is subjective.

If you can't answer my question, then don't say anything and certainly don't share with me your game philosophy.

ps : I do have fun with the game, don't be worried. I wouldn't play it otherwise. It still does not prevent me from being annoyed by some things (like shadowpriests' state).

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had fun last night

Doesn't mean I don't want better for Shadow though!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Thanks for the pep talk but it was really useless.

Fun is subjective.

If you can't answer my question, then don't say anything and certainly don't share with me your game philosophy.

ps : I do have fun with the game, don't be worried. I wouldn't play it otherwise. It still does not prevent me from being annoyed by some things (like shadowpriests' state).
    You asked a subjective question and got a subjective answer. don't ask questions that don't have a concrete answer and then get pissy with people when they respond to you. It's a forum board. If you don't want people responding to your posts then don't post on them.

By my point of view the spec does well in the things I care about. And contrary to the view upheld by some people, we actually do still contribute enough damage in dungeons that we're not worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I had fun with shadow in EN last night. The spec can certainly use some work, mainly on ramp up, AoE and 100 talents but I personally find it to be quite fun. Especially in raids, and bolster being the affix for mythic+ this week has actually been quite nice for dungeons since you have to actually bring packs health down carefully.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2016-09-21 at 05:41 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, I had a ball last night.
    Had a blast as well. I thought there were zero multi target high hp encounters. I was wrong. Ilganoth, Xavius, and Cenarius are my playground.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    You asked a subjective question and got a subjective answer. don't ask questions that don't have a concrete answer and then get pissy with people when they respond to you. It's a forum board. If you don't want people responding to your posts then don't post on them.

By my point of view the spec does well in the things I care about. And contrary to the view upheld by some people, we actually do still contribute enough damage in dungeons that we're not worthless.

I had fun with shadow in EN last night. The spec can certainly use some work, mainly on ramp up, AoE and 100 talents but I personally find it to be quite fun. Especially in raids, and bolster being the affix for mythic+ this week has actually been quite nice for dungeons since you have to actually bring packs health down carefully.
    Well, it was my bad because I was asking Blitzo especially and my question wasn't about "is the spec fun ?" because like I said it is subjective.

And no, I didn't ask something subjective. I asked if dps wise the spec was at the top or not.

Anyway my answer had literally nothing to do about the spec being fun or not.

And I'm not pissy, I swear !

Cheers

Homophobia is so gay.

I had a lot of fun raiding last night. Wasn't too happy with my performance, but that's because I popped S2M too late every fight. I was in it for maybe 70 sec when I can typically get 90-95 in mythic dungeons and on target dummies

i did the opposite, popped it too soon rip

got a shitty ring ;_; but i got the haste + crit cloak on nidhogg <3

Homophobia is so gay.

I know it was sort of covered a few pages ago but still getting some conflicting answers re: the following. Could someone provide some insight:

1) When to use VTor. Some say on CD, others say wait until 10ish stacks, others say wait until you're just about to exit. Assuming an S2M build, what is best? (Both with and without S2M popped)

2) When to use PI. In a similar strain to the above, when is it best to use? Before VTorr, at start of Vform, when drain starts to outweigh gains? Etc.

Thanks

For StM you want to pop Vtor as soon as you cast your first Voidbolt, followed by dispersion.

For non STM voidforms, I use it on CD as long as it'll be up for my next Voidform. I'm not sure how much of a DPS increase/loss it is to hold it until later in voidform. iirc when the question came up in the priest discord it was said to pop it early.

Obviously if you have bloodlust/heroism, you'll want to pop it with that, or rather the last 4 seconds of it to get the most DPS out of it.

2) For PI, you do want to use that at 10+ stacks. For STM specifically I do this:

Void Eruption -> MB -> Fill -> VB -> Dispersion -> Vtor + PI -> Shadowfiend -> Normal Priority

Thanks Dj, clears things up alot.

Deleted
    I am stuck dead after we kill Xavius. Anyone found out how to unstuck yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    I am stuck dead after we kill Xavius. Anyone found out how to unstuck yet?
    Using unstuck in the help menu doesn't work?

Deleted
    Using unstuck in the help menu doesn't work?
    Nope. Says "You are not in control of your actions "