Thread: Sephuz's Secret

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sephuz's Secret

So I just got this item and I must say I'm a little dismayed.

The overwhelming majority of bosses and adds are immune to cc, making this 'legendary' item essentially worthless in most situations. To add insult to injury its stats are barely better than a random 850 ring. Oh and even if you do manage to proc it, it's only 15% haste for 10 seconds.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=132452/s...nts:id=2410444

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-09-21 at 10:34 PM.

used to work with CC abilities that did damage even if the target was immune. ie avenger's shield, fel eruption. really sucks they fixed that.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

I'll trade you my 840 ring for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    That ring is so bad my guildie killed himself after getting it the other day. Thanks for enabling suicide with these legendaries, blizzard.
    Infracted - making fun over suicidal people is rude, even when it's meant as a bun.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-09-22 at 06:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does it work in PvP? If it does, that seems pretty good.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Does it work in PvP? If it does, that seems pretty good.
    Unless this specific Legendary is an exception - no, it doesn't.

There's worse legendaries for some classes I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Unless this specific Legendary is an exception - no, it doesn't.
    It works in WPvP, but that's it. I got it on my Monk, healer, that I levelled purely to help guildies through dungeons. I wouldn't be mad about getting it, but my main who I actually WPvP on would have liked it... or... any legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'll trade you my 840 ring for it.
    Will you also trade your future guaranteed legendary for it ?

They really shouldn't allow you to get neutral legendary's as your first legendary. It's kinda horseshit that your luck gets wasted like that. I guess it could have been worse. I could have gotten the absorb neck, or gateway ring. At least if I get the corruption ring now, I'll have a wombo combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They really shouldn't allow you to get neutral legendary's as your first legendary. It's kinda horseshit that your luck gets wasted like that. I guess it could have been worse. I could have gotten the absorb neck, or gateway ring. At least if I get the corruption ring now, I'll have a wombo combo.
    Oh, you meant getting the absorb neck as your first and this ring as your second legendary is not good?

Oh, okay.

(Actually, I like the absorb neck more)

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Is it a backwater filled with serfs and an ancient broken down monastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Oh, you meant getting the absorb neck as your first and this ring as your second legendary is not good?

Oh, okay.

I mean you should get something that pertains only to your class first. class specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

The overwhelming majority of bosses and adds are immune to cc, making this 'legendary' item essentially worthless in most situations. To add insult to injury its stats are barely better than a random 850 ring. Oh and even if you do manage to proc it, it's only 15% haste for 10 seconds.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=132452/s...nts:id=2410444

Thoughts?
    Unfortunately I ended up with it too
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mohots/simple

But there is hope.... Its not actually as bad as it looks on paper 5 of the 7 fights have some adds or something that you can proc it on (And Xavious is probably the strongest fight in the whole instance for the legendary) And atleast as a boomkin you can do it off global with solar beam. or on global with mass entangle (instant cast)

15% haste for 10 seconds isn't that bad when you can do it 4-6 times a fight that is almost a equivalent of a mini lust. Yes its not our best legendary by far. But i'd rank it about 5th out of 8 for boomkin Especially since it has BIS stats for mage and boomkin. (mages can proc it with dragons breath on the same kind of mobs that I can solar beam.
    Last edited by ChickenChaser; 2016-09-22 at 09:58 AM.

Bad legendaries. The struggle is real!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15% haste for 10 sec is like no benefit at all if you have to use a gcd lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    It really is. Why they decided to make legendary rings and necks after deciding to remove primary stats from them is so fucking beyond me. Just an insanely retarded decision.

They made all legendary jewelry terrible before it even drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post

Oh, okay.

Getting any legendary jewelry at all isn't good. They're ridiculously shit compared to any item with primary on it.

"herp derp but at least you have a legendary" doesn't suffice or erase this ludicrously retarded design fuckup.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    This annoys me.

Yes, there's bad legendaries, that's the worst thing about them, it annoys me more than their actual drop rate.

There's about 4 legendaries I can get that would not make me happy, which is stupid game design and another reason these things shouldn't be in the game.

I know it doesn't matter to a middle-aged roleplayer like yourself but some of us care about performance and there's a big difference between getting a legendary which allows you to do 30k more dps on fights or a glorified statstick. (This ring was or was close to a dps LOSS for fire mages before it got crit and a socket, think about that, I would have banked a really rare orange item that is supposed to make me excited if it didn't get fixed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Will you also trade your future guaranteed legendary for it ?
    If I get Sephuz's secret then my future legendary which isn't gauranteed would not be sephuz's secret so your question is meaningless.

That's the one I got on my VDH. Imagine that, getting a legendary and being disappointed.

Even more retarded because the only baseline VDH ability that procs it is our demon CC.