15+ Year Old Account

Astronomical MS latency spikes resulting in DC when playing WoW

So, long story short, I moved and have to stay at my in laws for a few weeks. Luckily *not*, this coincides directly with raid release, and I'm having constant DC's ranging from every 5 minutes to every hour, with everyone starting to run in place for at least 2 minutes at a time, and then I check my latency, which skyrockets *world, not home* to over 2k-5k, and then I get DCd. It is literally constant, with no relent in sight. I cannot play like this at all.

I reset the router, and it persists. I called Comcast *they have xfinity* and I had them troubleshoot, and the sweet indian girl told me "LOL NO PROBLEMS IT'S WORKING PERFECTLY".

well, sorry, but it's definitely not working perfectly. What can I do to fix this? I've never had this issue with my own internet before I moved *Timewarner* and this is driving me batshit crazy.

I wiped my heroic raid group on Nyth more than one time last night because I got rot and then everyone decided to run in place for 3 minutes. It's infuriating. Please help.

I've heard people saying something about ports and forwarding but I don't know what this means.

- - - Updated - - -

The net here is honestly very fast, and no one has ever had any issue with it when using the internet. I'm the only person who has played online games, however, and that seems to be the only place this issue occurs, but I haven't the faintest idea why.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    So, long story short, I moved and have to stay at my in laws for a few weeks. Luckily *not*, this coincides directly with raid release, and I'm having constant DC's ranging from every 5 minutes to every hour, with everyone starting to run in place for at least 2 minutes at a time, and then I check my latency, which skyrockets *world, not home* to over 2k-5k, and then I get DCd. It is literally constant, with no relent in sight. I cannot play like this at all.

I reset the router, and it persists. I called Comcast *they have xfinity* and I had them troubleshoot, and the sweet indian girl told me "LOL NO PROBLEMS IT'S WORKING PERFECTLY".

well, sorry, but it's definitely not working perfectly. What can I do to fix this? I've never had this issue with my own internet before I moved *Timewarner* and this is driving me batshit crazy.

I wiped my heroic raid group on Nyth more than one time last night because I got rot and then everyone decided to run in place for 3 minutes. It's infuriating. Please help.

I've heard people saying something about ports and forwarding but I don't know what this means.
    There's no need to mess around with port forwarding as the game works without it. Your problem could be one of many things. I know the combo modem/router Comcast includes with their service is complete crap. You should also not be using wireless if you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Type http://192.168.100.1 in your browser (or something like this, depends on the modem) and tell me which numbers you see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wired or Wireless? It makes a difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm on wifi. This can't be helped or changed. It's not my house

Not sure where you are at, but I've seen DDoS messages in battle.net here in Europe, might also been happening in other continents and might add to your problems.

I'm on wifi. This can't be helped or changed. It's not my house
    Gonna say again: The combo modem/router that is provided by Comcast is complete garbage. Various models are known for choking under any kind of load. Check the battle.net forums if you don't believe me. It doesn't normally show problems while browsing but it will show during gaming as disconnections. If you're using their hardware, this could explain it. And you already know wireless sucks and you just have to deal with random slowdowns.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there anything that I can do to remedy the situation?

People on battle.net have resorted to buying their own cable modems and routers. If the Comcast hardware is the problem, it would be the only way. Otherwise move closer to the modem.
    Last edited by Cows For Life; 2016-09-22 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting to see if the problem is in the signal or somewhere else. Can't really suggest you a fix without knowing what the problem is.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought a 50 foot Ethernet cable and went wired, it seems to have fixed the situation for now

10+ Year Old Account
    Got another good router that you can use as an access point?