10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are just the best melee in the game right now. It's like why play Rogue or DK when you can just play Warrior. Warriors have the best tank spec and one of the best dps specs in the game.

DK's are complete garbage and Rogues only have one good spec.

Deleted
    Did 5/7 HC tonight as FR-Arms and am not very happy. Playstyle is kinda stressful and not a lot of fun, even if you do high damage. It also depends a lot on getting lucky with Tactician procs (I have +1 relic, so 4/4 tactician trait), which to me is fine for dps output, but when it limits the fun I have playing it's a different story. Actually considering to reroll at some point, but obviously I put a lot of effort into Arms for now and have yet to level another class up to 110 which could replace my Warrior as Main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Warriors are just the best melee in the game right now. It's like why play Rogue or DK when you can just play Warrior. Warriors have the best tank spec and one of the best dps specs in the game.

DK's are complete garbage and Rogues only have one good spec.
    A good spec which has no weaknesses. (Talking about Rogue) I also like Rogues more because of their survivability. Warrior didn't have good survivability since MoP imo.
    If you ever want to compete with a rogue or a demon hunter on a raid spot in a serious environment you have to have good cds, which warrior does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Il'gnoth isn't as "heavy AoE" as you'd think, in fact it's detrimental on Mythic.

The only reason it's "heavy AoE" right now is because people are bombsplat padding the bloods when they shouldn't be. The tentacles tend to spawn in pairs which works perfectly with Arms sweeping strikes (the big ones may be out of range, but in my experience the small ones tend to clump), and Arms can do quite well against them.

Again, Arms Warbreaker+Bladestorm combo is no slouch for those few times Arms has to deal with many targets, but that's pretty rare in EN and only intermittent in NH.

You'll keep in mind that Fury isn't exactly the god of MT that WW Monks/Fire Mages are either.
    Yea i agree. I tried to acknowledge that briefly in brackets, but current heroic strat seems to be group and nuke

The point i was trying to make is that from the logs people will draw the conclusion that all other specs are using AoE heavy builds, while arms is still using a single target build. Only 3 out of the top 10 parses even used sweeping strikes. Its hard to find logs of arms warriors using anything but the FR build, that alone is enough to see it nerfed. I realise you're not campaigning against a FR build nerf, I only quoted your post to clear up what i said about heroic Il'gnoth being an AoE heavy encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    "Can" and "could" is not the same as "is" though, if you get super lucky with Legendaries/relics/trinkets I'm sure it's pretty silly strong, but then our Hunter got his 3rd Legendary on Nythendra, a boss he came top dps on while prior to the raid Hunters (not ours specifically) were crying about being weak... It's all relative to gear, to the fight style, to RNG..

Real scenarios will play out and if things get out of hand later on with Arms then Blizzard can nerf it, but by no means can it remotely be taken from current data that Arms is anywhere near overpowered, because of how niche it's ability is.. Not to mention how RNG it is, if you need to focus target an add spawn and you have no CS then you don't do any dps at all, making it unreliable for those kinda jobs.

It's like of all the PVE applications Arms has a very narrow window where it dominates. I had a fuckload of Arms tonight, felt like I'd rather play my Outlaw Rogue because of how fucked I repeatedly got on tactition procs or lack of crits, a string of non crits in your CS windows and your damage is nowhere. One of my best buddies managed to RNG his way to hilarity, I think all I managed was to dig myself into the shitters.
    Being the best spec at single-target isn't exactly a niche. That's easily some of the most valuable damage you can inflict; yeah, on some bosses it's less overpowered, but Arms will scale tremendously well too. Once the legendaries and tier sets start rolling, and consumables don't cost you your firstborn anymore, and Arms players get the ability to stack even more Mastery... yikes. They're going to absolutely shatter the ST meters into tiny little pieces.

Plus, it's not like Arms has nonexistent AoE. They still have Sweeping Strikes for nice cleave damage, and the good ol Warbreaker + BS combo which deals tons of burst AoE. On a long cooldown, yeah, but cripes the spec can't be expected to be top single target AND have ok cleave AND have great sustained AoE on top of all that. What's the point of any other melee spec then?

I mean, sure, Arms could get a bit of an AoE buff, say by reducing Bladestorm's cooldown. And the RNG could definitely be smoothed out (it's why I dislike playig Arms myself). But there's no way they can keep being head and shoulders above damn near every spec in the game single-target. That's not a niche, it's plain superiority over other that also have crap AoE and much less single-target to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But there's no way they can keep being head and shoulders above damn near every spec in the game single-target. That's not a niche, it's plain superiority over other that also have crap AoE and much less single-target to boot.
    Well luckily that's not really the case.

Deleted
    The new meta is bringing at least 3 arms warriors and a couple ret paladins. GBoM on an arms warrior is just fucking nuts. I'm dealing like 10% of our ret paladins' damage on some fights, which in turn makes them fairly competitive on the meters.

Or maybe it's just the filthy casual guild I joined for Legion T_T

I'm glad our other warriors aren't doing as good, because the rets would start overtaking me in the deeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    The new meta is bringing at least 3 arms warriors and a couple ret paladins. GBoM on an arms warrior is just fucking nuts. I'm dealing like 10% of our ret paladins' damage on some fights, which in turn makes them fairly competitive on the meters.

Or maybe it's just the filthy casual guild I joined for Legion T_T

I'm glad our other warriors aren't doing as good, because the rets would start overtaking me in the deeps.
    Haha This. Our ret pally was chucking me off heals if i was low last night because if I died so would his dps!

What kind of DPS is the non FS Arms build pulling? I mean the Overpower, IFTK, Trauma OS build. Would it pull more DPS than fury currently does?

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Il'gnoth isn't as "heavy AoE" as you'd think, in fact it's detrimental on Mythic.

The only reason it's "heavy AoE" right now is because people are bombsplat padding the bloods when they shouldn't be. The tentacles tend to spawn in pairs which works perfectly with Arms sweeping strikes (the big ones may be out of range, but in my experience the small ones tend to clump), and Arms can do quite well against them.

Again, Arms Warbreaker+Bladestorm combo is no slouch for those few times Arms has to deal with many targets, but that's pretty rare in EN and only intermittent in NH.

You'll keep in mind that Fury isn't exactly the god of MT that WW Monks/Fire Mages are either.
    Phase 2 for Il'gnoth, corruptor tentacles kept spawning too far part for my Cleave. I was a sad panda tongiht.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    What kind of DPS is the non FS Arms build pulling? I mean the Overpower, IFTK, Trauma OS build. Would it pull more DPS than fury currently does?
    It'll pull more than fury, and honestly, if you can't play the FR build properly, you'll most likely do more damage with standard build as well.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Question :

If you have 3 stacks of FR, MS ready to use BUT the target has no CS debuff, do you use MS still ?

Our guild was kinda critical of the melee on heroic heart guy. Alot of us were too afraid of going ham on ichors because they were all explode at different times and if we took any of that damage + eyeball of death it would usually lead to a death. Our heart damage was great tho. Cursed blood really needs to fuck off. I got it 3 times on our kill and my dps was DOGSHIT

Some of warriors here simply don't want to do good dps as Arms and begging Blizzard for nerfs. It's not me. If Blizzard will nerf us - ok, shit happens. But if YOUR problem is OUR good dps it blows my mind. Sometimes I think that in this thread are Fury warriors waiting for Arms nerfs. So for the record: it's Arms thread and as Arms I enjoy every moment I'm in top 3 dps chart.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGod View Post
    Some of warriors here simply don't want to do good dps as Arms and begging Blizzard for nerfs. It's not me. If Blizzard will nerf us - ok, shit happens. But if YOUR problem is OUR good dps it blows my mind. Sometimes I think that in this thread are Fury warriors waiting for Arms nerfs. So for the record: it's Arms thread and as Arms I enjoy every moment I'm in top 3 dps chart.
    90% of arms population would prefer to play IftK/Trauma warrior. Some people want to be able to choose their talent build. It's not only Fury warriors.

Problem with FR Arms isn't FR itself, raid logs clearly shows that arms isn't broken.
    The problem is that there's no alternative to FR Arms, double MS sucks balls and In for the Kill is proper trash unless you're constantly switching to low health mobs.

If we look at our T15 we have logical CHOICES depending on the encounter we're fighting on.
    - Dauntless for ST
    - Overpower for ? (pvp mostly)
    - Sweeping Strikes for 2 target cleave.

If we look in 45
    - Fervor of battle for improved AoE effiency.
    - Rend for 1-3 targets.
    - Avatar for a dps CD (misplaced imo)

If we look at 75 tier
    - In for the Kill makes you less rage starved in encounters where you can hit adds frequently.
    - Mortal Combo makes you CS windows a bit stronger and allows you to "pool" a MS.
    - Focused Rage does the same as Mortal Combo- but way better.

IMO swap Avatar into the 75 tier for IftK or MC, or make Avatar baseline and come up with something else.
    FR isn't broken, it's the alternatives that are!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    90% of arms population would prefer to play IftK/Trauma warrior. Some people want to be able to choose their talent build. It's not only Fury warriors.
    Maybe. But I prefer good dps with bad/rng gameplay NOW over HYPOTHETICAL good dps with a nice gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    FR isn't broken, it's the alternatives that are!
    This.
    Last edited by OldGod; 2016-09-22 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Problem with FR Arms isn't FR itself, raid logs clearly shows that arms isn't broken.
    Raid logs showed that FR Arms is clearly broken in ST and can even compete on AoE with a spec designed for ST only.

Deleted
    Raid logs showed that FR Arms is clearly broken in ST and can even compete on AoE with a spec designed for ST only.
    I don't think we should put too much emphasis on raid logs yet

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Logs barely say anything yet. Old War potion is broken as fuck. People don't bother with consumables and shit on Normal/HC. People don't know the encounters etc. The diversity between results isn't a simple "L2P"-matter. It's that it's been less than a week of raiding, with most raiding guilds at the VERY MOST have done two raids so far. And "compete" on AoE, sure. If it's a short 6 second AoE window, at the cost of gimping your single target severaly since you're both using your making you more vulnerable to RNG tactician, as well as loosing out on a whole talent (Deadly Calm) since you don't use Rage during BS.