Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    i dont hate the alliance.
    i hate the humans with a passion because their fans seem to be the worse with always the victim card. "lordaeron belongs to the alliance." "Land taken by conquest doesnt count."(i have actually seen this a few months ago.)

there is no claim to land. the only claim is how long can you defend it before someone else takes it.
    A victim blaming argument that isn't even specific to Humans. Nice one.

I guess Draenei shouldn't complain about the Orcs and Demons slaughtering their kind and desecrating their temples because they never originally lived on Draenor. Fuck the Alliance, amirite?

I also like how you say you hate hearing about Lordaeron, but your own example explicitly shows that Forsaken have no claim to the land either. By your own example, they took it from someone else therefore they have no right to cry about ever losing it.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-21 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    And what about these poor people from Southshore, Hillsbrad fields, Pyrewood?
    competition and a threat

- - - Updated - - -

"Land taken by conquest doesnt count."(i have actually seen this a few months ago.)
    lol
    sounds like the words of annoying ass idealists

Count for what? Conquer still holds the power/land whether the vanquished thinks it 'just' or not.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    A victim blaming argument that isn't even specific to Humans. Nice one.

I guess Draenei shouldn't complain about the Orcs and Demons slaughtering their kind and desecrating their temples because they never originally lived on Draenor. Fuck the Alliance, amirite?
    victim blaming?

Draenei came and took land from ogres(from WoD hints, i think) therefore they took it by conquest. making it their land until the Orcs came and destroyed them.
    like i said. claiming of land only works if you can defend it. if you lose and get pushed out its no longer your land.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    lol
    sounds like the words of annoying ass idealists
    i believe it was over on the official story forums too. a poster kept saying land taking by conquest doesnt count and doesnt give you claim to it.
    which is funny since most of the alliance races land comes from taking land from the trolls.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I assume its because racists and bigots gravitate towards the alliance.

victim blaming?

Draenei came and took land from ogres(from WoD hints, i think) therefore they took it by conquest. making it their land until the Orcs came and destroyed them.
    like i said. claiming of land only works if you can defend it. if you lose and get pushed out its no longer your land.
    But you said

no.
    alliance has no right to bitch about claimed lands and rights to land when they took it from the trolls.
    Why bother mentioning Trolls? Isn't your point that it's not their land because they couldn't defend it?

Like I stated at the very beginning, your point made no sense. You said the Alliance don't have a right to complain because they took lands away from trolls, then turn around to say it's not Troll land to begin with because they lost it to the Alliance.

You even made this point twice.

totally forgetting the alliance used force to take troll lands.

so they have no right to complain about any land rights.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-21 at 11:17 PM.

But you said

Why bother mentioning Trolls? Isn't your point that it's not their land because they couldn't defend it?

Like I stated at the very beginning, your point made no sense. You said the Alliance don't have a right to complain because they took lands away from trolls, then turn around to say it's not Troll land to begin with because they lost it to the Alliance.
    i am using trolls as an example. you know what that is right?
    omg have explained this so many times.

alliance logic: land by conquest only counts if we took it. if horde takes it, it doesnt count.
    Horde logic: claim to land only works if you can hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Uhh, even if your logic was sound, the whole of Azeroth doesn't belong to the trolls. You're making no sense.
    All land is Troll land.

i am using trolls as an example. you know what that is right?
    omg have explained this so many times.
    Your explanation contradicts your original statement. How is that an explanation?!

You said Alliance has no right to complain because they took it from the Trolls. And in your explanation, you're proving that the Alliance have a right to the land because they took it by conquest.

Good job for bringing this full circle.

Your explanation contradicts your original statement. How is that an explanation?!

You said Alliance has no right to complain because they took it from the Trolls. And in your explanation, you're proving that the Alliance have a right to the land because they took it by conquest.

Good job for bringing this full circle.
    the alliance have no right to complain about forsaken taking lordaeron land, when they took troll land first.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    alliance logic: land by conquest only counts if we took it. if horde takes it, it doesnt count.
    That's how it works for most people, not just alliance

Harm done to someone else? Who gives a shit.
    Same harm done to oneself? Its immoral/genocide/murder/apprehensible
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    That's how it works for most people, not just alliance

Harm done to someone else? Who gives a shit.
    Same harm done to oneself? Its immoral/genocide/murder/apprehensible
    ^ This right here. There's nothing really specific to the Alliance about this. The only difference is the Horde hasn't been around long enough to have their lands taken away from them, but they'd bitch and moan just the same when it happens.

Guess what would happen if the Forsaken lost Lordaeron.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ever since the very first orc put his foot on Azeroth through the Dark Portal all those years ago, a debt has been accumulating. It has been put off by greater threats for some time: the Scourge, the Old Gods, the Burning Legion. When those are dealt with, the hour will strike for settlement of accounts.

I finished the Stormheim quest that showed Greymane's out for revenge...honestly it felt really really disconnected to me. The whole Stormheim intro with them ambushing us etc. I kept asking myself, wtf is this in the story? Aren't we supposed to be fighting the bigger problem IE the legion? Then when Greymane tries to take out Sylvanas and you see the cinematic...did his son die in the Broken Shores video? What? How the fuck am I supposed to remember that, or care as a horde player that is looking at what's happening to US at that event. There is no connection. Honestly, I found it horrible story telling and way out of place.

Like seriously OUT OF PLACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I finished the Stormheim quest that showed Greymane's out for revenge...honestly it felt really really disconnected to me. The whole Stormheim intro with them ambushing us etc. I kept asking myself, wtf is this in the story? Aren't we supposed to be fighting the bigger problem IE the legion? Then when Greymane tries to take out Sylvanas and you see the cinematic...did his son die in the Broken Shores video? What? How the fuck am I supposed to remember that, or care as a horde player that is looking at what's happening to US at that event. There is no connection. Honestly, I found it horrible story telling and way out of place.

Like seriously OUT OF PLACE.
    His son died by Sylvanas' hand in Gilneas during the Forsaken invasion there (in Cataclysm). He took an arrow meant for his father and died. Greymane's held a great hatred for Sylvanas ever since (well, on top of the whole "invading my land and killing my people" thing).

Is it really that surprising that you're supposed to remember past events in a story? Do you complain about things that happen in the early chapters of A Song of Ice & Fire/Game of Thrones when you're in later books/episodes?

(that said I will admit that its a bit odd that nothing seems to happen to us, the player, yet I seem to remember being told I was knocked out or somesuch. That was a bit of a dumb hole)

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Fanboyism at its finest.
    a guy with a worgen clearly isnt sigh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I don't think you should see the Alliance invasion of Orgrimmar as "helping save the faction". Varian would proberly have invaded the city even if Vol'jin was not leading a rebellion. Garrosh tried to kill his kid, so Garrosh had to be put down
    Except Varian stopped thrall from killing garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only difference is the Horde hasn't been around long enough to have their lands taken away from them
    they had their entire planet go kaa booom

Even in a more traditional sense they had their typical warfare against each other/orges/whatever else before the formation of the horde

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Nothing good will come out of a thread of this nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Alliance generally doesn't do anything that would merit getting revenge against them unless they've already been provoked.

The Horde, on the other hand, is more than happy to kill Alliance for no real reason except "They're there."

Since the Horde is usually the instigator in their conflicts, the Alliance are the ones who are going to be seeking vengeance.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    The Alliance generally doesn't do anything that would merit getting revenge against them
    they have had multiple major wars

Plenty of reasons to pick from

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    Garrosh wanted the best for his people he even said so while he looked upon what the mogu built in the shrine and he said this is what my people deserve.

Azeroth is a hostile world full of people who want you dead and you blame him for just wanting to just take?

The Horde is all about survival while the alliance is all about pride.
    The path to Hell is paved with good intentions.