Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I still have my bootleg Prince of Tennis DVDs somewhere... Mada Mada Dane!
    Not seen Rave since it was on TV over here so very long ago, tbh. Plue best girl!
    Rave is so good. Elie is best girl for real though, but Plue is good to. I think i had Plue as an avatar one time, cant remember. Sadly Rave Master is a lot better when you read the manga instead, the finished story is just amazing.

I found a full PoT download but ima wait, its like 31gigs but it has the movies/ovas and all 178episodes lol

https://soundcloud.com/samsung-corby...ss-rave-master Let the Nostalgia come into effect!

- - - Updated - - -

About the whole One Piece thing, lets be real here. Inc speculation Nami is going to show up in sanjis eyes but one of the brothers is going to hurt her. You should all be able to guess what will follow. Bloodshed and Mayhem. I am personally looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Swisted; 2016-09-21 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ofc Elie is true best girl! XD
    It's been years since I finished the manga too, actually. Making me want to reread now...

I have PoT on one of my externals, somewhere. Might have to find it.

*fills self with nostalgia*
    All this damn nostalgia. Anymore and I'll be rewatching Ranma 1/2 lol. Something tells me I'm going to be rewatching a lot of shows...

15+ Year Old Account

yfw canada can beat up your little bitch boys

even voiced my miyano, obviously japan understands canada is the greatest country

It is so hard to find a good AMV for a series that doesn't have a single tone. I've been on a Psycho Pass kick recently (may end up purchasing and rewatching it) but finding an AMV that manages to capture both its disturbing elements along with the atmosphere is proving difficult. The best I've found so far is this AMV below (complete and total spoilers of the entire series):
    Spoiler: 

However, that doesn't quite reach the core. It has some excellent synchronization in several scenes and matches the lyrics well at times, but the song choice itself isn't a very good match and it falters a bit when it uses the intro for parts. Again, not trying to tear this down so much as feeling like it's so close at points yet not quite there.

I might just have my expectations set too high, as it requires a person happen to both be philosophically inclined and an excellent AMV author as well. Despite its lower quality (240p owns you), I keep coming back to this Texhnolyze AMV as a rare case where it so excellent manifests the tone and message of a subtler series (Spoilers here too, but they're harder to see if you don't know what they are):
    Spoiler: 

Even if it doesn't use any advanced video editing techniques, I consider this particular AMV head and shoulders against most that I encounter. The song is an absolute perfect fit, the imagery isn't overdone, and it comes together excellently as a coherent package.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Amaama to Inazuna 12 - Fuck, am I glad that this is over. My enjoyment for this show crashed so hard that it became a real chore to watch for me around the halfway point and the friend I watched it with shared my sentiment.
    That sucks. While I will say that I believe that the first few episodes were best (particularly episodes one and seven), I didn't get the same feeling as you did. In fact, as I was waiting for the new episode to come out each week, I found myself re-watching almost every episode... hell, I'd wager I've done so at least three times. I can't recall ever doing that with any other currently-airing show.

Though I have to give them credit for Tsugumi being a lot like an actual child, I also have to criticize them for it. Tsumugi was probably my single biggest gripe with this show. I just don't like kids. I know this largely invalidates any criticism I could level at this show, but it's just how it is.
    I find that interesting, because I myself have no desire to have kids IRL. I don't hate kids, but I just don't see myself wanting them in the foreseeable future. That said, I found Tsumugi to be an absolute delight, and the highlight of the show. As I believe I've stated a while back, I feel like her voice actress does a spectacular job, and I find her character to behave just as a child would. While I understand that you may dislike kids, I don't really understand why this would really detract from the show; I would in real life detest many villains, characters, and concepts found in anime, but that doesn't mean that that detracted from my enjoyment of a particular show on that basis.

The last episode actually had a really good example of what ruined my enjoyment of the show. Scenes like the beginning of the episode when Tsumugi threw a fit at the restaurant kept ocurring and taking away from my enjoyment of the show. It was unreasonable and annoying and I often felt like her misbehaviour was corrected properly at all and even if it was that didn't change how unpleasant it was to watch those scenes.
    Yes, it was a reoccurring thing, but have you seen kids? They throw fits for no real reason. "Threaten" them to behave? Fit. We gotta leave a restaurant? Fit. Gotta keep shopping for clothes? Fit. Hell, I have a vivid memory of my childhood, where my sister cried at the dinner table because I finished my dinner before she did. I don't find Tsumugi's portrayal unreasonable. That said, it did happen a bit more than I'd like, but it didn't seem to bother me as much as it did for you.

I can't really complain about the rest except maybe about how formulaic the show was, but that hardly bothered me.
    Man it feels like I'm always being a contrarian. For me, this was my biggest complaint of the show; I was in it for Tsumugi, so the the fact that half the show was about cooking was disappointing. Still, it was totally worth it.

As you can tell, I really enjoyed the show. Kotori, who was initially my least favorite character, really grew on me (tbh I didn't like her because she reminded me of an image that had an ahegao face, which made it very distracting, lol). In fact, as the anime went on, I wanted her and sensei to become a couple, not for romantic reasons, but because she was such a good mother figure to Tsumugi.

Honestly, I don't really have any criticisms for the show. I don't really like the cooking segments, but that's more on me than the show. And it wasn't always 'about' cooking; it was often times about helping Tsumugi in various aspects. My other 'criticism' was that the supporting cast wasn't interesting to me, but they weren't really utilized that much, so...

Ultimately, I'd rate the series an 8.5. Of course, MAL doesn't let you rate stuff X.5 for some reason, so I rounded up to a 9. Who else watched Sweetness and Lightning? Was it just me and Goriq? I'm curious how others viewed the show.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Who else watched Sweetness and Lightning? Was it just me and Goriq? I'm curious how others viewed the show.
    I watched the first three episodes and wasn't hooked. I didn't have the heartwarming feel many people did, and I don't care about cooking. When I found that I was thinking I 'should' watch episode 4 I realized that was a very bad sign and that I should just not worry about it.

Ultimately, I'd rate the series an 8.5. Of course, MAL doesn't let you rate stuff X.5 for some reason, so I rounded up to a 9. Who else watched Sweetness and Lightning? Was it just me and Goriq? I'm curious how others viewed the show.
    Its on my "to watch" I think? So maybe soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I watched the first three episodes and wasn't hooked. I didn't have the heartwarming feel many people did, and I don't care about cooking. When I found that I was thinking I 'should' watch episode 4 I realized that was a very bad sign and that I should just not worry about it.
    Yeah, if you weren't on board after three episodes, I seriously doubt you'd enjoy the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Its on my "to watch" I think? So maybe soon.
    Because I told you to watch it, lol.

I'm currently debating if I should write a review for Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. Is there any interest in those types of things? Has anyone watched the show?

I'm currently debating if I should write a review for Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. Is there any interest in those types of things? Has anyone watched the show?
    Well, the good thing about Madoka is that the majority of people in this thread have seen it. This makes your review much more likely to receive responses. This doesn't necessarily mean there's more "interest" but it does open some potential for discussion (which has been awfully low of late I've noticed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Madoka is arguably the most popular late night anime on Earth, next to Evangelion. So yeah, pretty much everyone has seen it. ;P

Well, the good thing about Madoka is that the majority of people in this thread have seen it.
    Cool.

This doesn't necessarily mean there's more "interest" but it does open some potential for discussion (which has been awfully low of late I've noticed).
    Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Madoka is arguably the most popular late night anime on Earth, next to Evangelion. So yeah, pretty much everyone has seen it. ;P
    TBH I've never even heard of the show before my friend recommended the show to me...last month-ish? What else am I missing?

TBH I've never even heard of the show before my friend recommended the show to me...last month-ish? What else am I missing?
    are you with @Epuration in not having watched the third movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of most popular (in terms of overall viewers, penetration in the anime community, and sales), the other big one would be Monogatari. Code Geass would be up there too, but the second season wasn't a late night showing, and it's more popular in terms of the anime community and viewers rather than sales (though still top 15 in sales).

Others that are big in either viewers, penetration in the community, and sales, but not necessarily all three, or all three on a lesser scale, would be Fate, Love Live, K-On and SnK.

Both Monogatari and Madoka have kind of gone back and forth over the years for the top spot in terms of anime sales for anime in the 21st century (so this excludes Evangelion). I believe Monogatari is number one at the moment, just because of the sheer amount of volumes compared to Madoka, and Bakemono's record-breaking volume sales.

The 3rd Madoka movie brought it above Monogatari for a short time before more Monogatari came out.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2016-09-22 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    are you with @Epuration in not having watched the third movie?
    I haven't watched any of the movies, nor do I have the desire to. I didn't particularly care for the show, as I'll post later.

the other big one would be Monogatari.
    That's on my PTW.

Code Geass would be up there too, but the second season wasn't a late night showing, and it's more popular in terms of the anime community and viewers rather than sales (though still top 15 in sales).
    I had to Google what 'late night' meant. I've seen all of Code Geass! lol

Fate, Love Live, K-On and SnK.
    Never seen either of those. I guess I've got some watching to do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen either of those. I guess I've got some watching to do...
    Fate is by the same person that did Madoka. It's an action/fantasy.

Love Live is an idol show by Sunrise. You've probably seen it everywhere.

K-On is a slice of life/comedy by KyoAni.

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) is an action/fantasy that's been extremely popular since it came out in 2013.

Because I told you to watch it, lol.
    OHHHH, so that's where it came from! I had no idea, I was staring at it like "Where did you come from"

My girlfriend just made me watch it like, 4 months ago.

Fate is by the same person that did Madoka.
    Fate, you say? Can't say I've ever heard of that very obscure show. Does the thread like it? /S

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) is an action/fantasy that's been extremely popular since it came out in 2013.
    Oh. I'm not familiar with the Japanese name. Yeah, definitely seen that.

OHHHH, so that's where it came from! I had no idea, I was staring at it like "Where did you come from"
    You should give it a chance. Although if you don't like the first episode, you probably won't like the rest of it.

You should give it a chance. Although if you don't like the first episode, you probably won't like the rest of it.
    Its cooking related in a way? I'll probably suggest it to my girlfriend when Food Wars ends then, she likes that kind of stuff and we're running out of things to watch together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did Amaama. I really enjoyed it in the beginning, but it tailored off for me. I would still give it a 7-7.5 though. Tsumugi was quite cute up until the last couple episodes, then it was very hit or miss. Did enjoy Senpai though. And yep, very cooking related.

Its cooking related in a way? I'll probably suggest it to my girlfriend when Food Wars ends then, she likes that kind of stuff and we're running out of things to watch together.
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by MAL Synopsis
    Kouhei Inuzuka is a teacher who has been caring for his little daughter on his own since his wife's death. He's no good at cooking, so he and his daughter Tsumugi have been eating packaged meals from the convenience store. A series of events lead him one evening to a restaurant run by the mother of one of his students, Kotori. Her mother isn't there, but Kotori does her best to feed them both. It turns out Kotori is often alone since her parents are divorced and her mother is frequently not around. The three of them begin to meet and cook tasty food together.
    Basically, the first 11 minutes is focused on Tsumugi being an adorable little girl, then the next 11 minutes is cooking food. Generally speaking.