Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    what about people who didn't play during wod?
    As I said, use your brain to get gold from those that did or if you can't do that, level your own crafters/gatherers. The Legion pre-event gave everyone unlimited level 100's and level 100-110 takes ~7 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    pay-to-win
    I'm amazed that you can make any amount of money while unable to understand simple terms.

Well, let me inflict some perspective here on you.

Outside the game, I make over $300k per year, which is probably more than you. Despite the fact I could afford it, I have no intention of blowing 1,500g even on a flask, let alone 700g on a potion. I will instead sit on my gold until you guys use up yours, and then my gold will be more valuable.

Even though these numbers are trivial from my outside-the-game perspective - 1,500g is about $1 - I do not believe in pay-to-win, and this is pay-to-win when prices are this high. If you're spending 100k gold per month for raid potions, at today's values, that's $60 extra cost on top of your $15 monthly subscription. Now, even though I could afford this, for most people this is a stupid cost to pay, and I'm not going to contribute to the mentality that drives this. I'll let you guys wear yourselves out.

(And I've already done all I needed to prove my ego by being hardcore and killing bosses. So I perceive no hurry in that, either. You go ahead. Meanwhile, I'll sit on all my gold, and my money. )
    how is somebody gettin rich irl when he doesnt understand that money doesnt get worth more because others spent it on stuff that other players made? the money is still there. its value did not change. only its possesor.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    how is somebody gettin rich irl when he doesnt understand that money doesnt get worth more because others spent it on stuff that other players made? the money is still there. its value did not change. only its possesor.
    It's because everyone can be anyone he wants on the internet. Like those "engineers"with 200 degrees here on MMO-C calling Ahmed the clock boy a genius when it was obvious what and why he did what he did from the start and how much he "worked" on his "invention".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    I just don't understand how people don't have gold after 2 years of garrisons
    I don't understand people who was subbed for whole WoD to do 2 years of garrisons.

There are no alternative. Ask your GM/RL to supply you with potions or gold (yes, some guilds actually make their alchemists to not sell these potions for 900g on AH and instead put them in the guild bank). Prices are crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    It's because everyone can be anyone he wants on the internet. Like those "engineers"with 200 degrees here on MMO-C calling Ahmed the clock boy a genius when it was obvious what and why he did what he did from the start and how much he "worked" on his "invention".
    well i have a acedamic grade, im dipl-biol, have been working on my doc for 5 years now, and it earns me shit, but is interesting as fuck. and i made an apprenticeship as farrier, and if i would work fulltime in this job i would propably earn more than most academics.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    well i have a acedamic grade, im dipl-biol, have been working on my doc for 5 years now, and it earns me shit, but is interesting as fuck. and i made an apprenticeship as farrier, and if i would work fulltime in this job i would propably earn more than most academics.
    Good for you. Just as a note for the future though, phd programs are only around 3 years so if you're doing yours for 5, well there are no words permitted on MMO-C to describe you. I really wonder what ISI impact factor someone working on his phd for 5 years actually have.

I didn't study biology myself but my sister just finished and got her phd in Biology and my girlfriend just got accepted to her phd. They both work with biomaterials, titanium implants covered with titania nanotubes, something I helped with a while ago.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2016-09-21 at 01:48 AM.

Good for you. Just as a note for the future though, phd programs are only around 3 years so if you're doing yours for 5, well there are no words permitted on MMO-C to describe you. I really wonder what ISI impact factor someone working on his phd for 5 years actually have.

I didn't study biology myself but my sister just finished and got her phd in Biology and my girlfriend just got accepted to her phd. They both work with biomaterials, titanium implants covered with titania nanotubes, something I helped with a while ago.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

Quoted from: https://mlaresearch.commons.mla.org/...ime-to-degree/

"The road to a PhD in a humanities discipline is long—for graduates who completed degrees in 2012, 9.0 years long, the median time from first entry into graduate school to receipt of the degree (Doctorate Recipients, table 31). That nine-year median is not just long in itself; it is significantly longer than the median for 2012 graduates in social sciences (7.7 years), life sciences (6.9 years), physical sciences (6.7 years), and engineering (6.7 years). Only 2012 graduates in education, with a median 11.8 years to degree, take more time to complete their degree programs than graduates in the humanities."

Quote Originally Posted by Makaio View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

Quoted from: https://mlaresearch.commons.mla.org/...ime-to-degree/

"The road to a PhD in a humanities discipline is long—for graduates who completed degrees in 2012, 9.0 years long, the median time from first entry into graduate school to receipt of the degree (Doctorate Recipients, table 31). That nine-year median is not just long in itself; it is significantly longer than the median for 2012 graduates in social sciences (7.7 years), life sciences (6.9 years), physical sciences (6.7 years), and engineering (6.7 years). Only 2012 graduates in education, with a median 11.8 years to degree, take more time to complete their degree programs than graduates in the humanities."
    Good for you, all you did is prove how easy it is to get into a phd program when so many finish years after the required time passes. There are 3 ways to study for a phd: scholarship, budget(you don't pay) or tax(you pay) and without a scholarship it means nothing since teachers have a required number of students so they take anyone willing. Your link is for grad school time as well, taking masters (2 years) into account in addition to the phd time.

You want to prove a point? Show me the mean phd time for people with scholarships and an over 10 ISI impact factor(since you can pay lower rated magazines to publish even fake articles without anyone checking and still be awarded credits).

But I'm pretty sure a thread about the consumable cost in WoW is not the best place to make fools of yourselves.

EDIT: Speaking about worthless people that are given a degree just so some professors get more money and that only exist to boost up numbers/make institutions look good. And what perfect timing as well, here's the result of those numbers you posted.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2016-09-21 at 04:40 AM.

Are you guys even real ?

Such an Ego Paragon Convention this however puny thread has became.

Get back on your tracks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, simple solution, farm the starlight rose and cut the price up significantly. But dont sit on your ass and cry about not being handed everything, because that's silly. Either be a go getter or be a half ass player. It's that simple
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Well first of all it aint gonna be 100k every week, prices drop, also anyone who had a fraction of a brain in WoD should have many millions by now, what else you gonna spend gold on?
    What I did with my fraction of a brain is stop my subscription so I didn't waste any money on boring grindfest that was WoD. I have 100k gold.. and that's it cause I'm not going to waste levelling alts and such just so I can make a shitton of gold I won't use because I would be burned out.

Took me 4 hours to farm the mats for about 200~ pots and I was being lazy, could be faster.

Sold another 400 starlight rose the day after and I'm set for awhile.

Really don't see the problem.

I got an int flask from a mana bag (from shoulder enchant)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Took me 4 hours to farm the mats for about 200~ pots and I was being lazy, could be faster.

Sold another 400 starlight rose the day after and I'm set for awhile.

Really don't see the problem.
    Yea, good job... Most people arent Herbalists. Dont sit here and act like the prices arent absurd.

I already know more than half of my guild started leveling their Herbalists, so prices will eventually drop either through over saturation or people just making Pots/Flasks with their own mats and not buying anything. I mean this happened with WoD as well but nearly as bad as it is right now.

Well first of all it aint gonna be 100k every week, prices drop, also anyone who had a fraction of a brain in WoD should have many millions by now, what else you gonna spend gold on?
    On my server prices have more than tripled since last week actually.

Also not everyone played last xpac and even the people who did some didn't milk garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Yea, good job... Most people arent Herbalists. Dont sit here and act like the prices arent absurd.

I already know more than half of my guild started leveling their Herbalists, so prices will eventually drop either through over saturation or people just making Pots/Flasks with their own mats and not buying anything. I mean this happened with WoD as well but nearly as bad as it is right now.
    To be fair, people who are without money are those who run without gathering profession. Miners and herbalists do make quite a lot of gold now. So those who rerolled into JC+BS back in cata and refused to get gathering profession now have small chances to get lots of gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Well, let me inflict some perspective here on you.

Outside the game, I make over $300k per year, which is probably more than you. Despite the fact I could afford it, I have no intention of blowing 1,500g even on a flask, let alone 700g on a potion. I will instead sit on my gold until you guys use up yours, and then my gold will be more valuable.

Even though these numbers are trivial from my outside-the-game perspective - 1,500g is about $1 - I do not believe in pay-to-win, and this is pay-to-win when prices are this high. If you're spending 100k gold per month for raid potions, at today's values, that's $60 extra cost on top of your $15 monthly subscription. Now, even though I could afford this, for most people this is a stupid cost to pay, and I'm not going to contribute to the mentality that drives this. I'll let you guys wear yourselves out.

(And I've already done all I needed to prove my ego by being hardcore and killing bosses. So I perceive no hurry in that, either. You go ahead. Meanwhile, I'll sit on all my gold, and my money. )
    "I'll sit on my gold so it will become more valuable" doesn't work when trading items for gold is not a gold sink. The gold doesn't magically disappear, so your gold does not gain any value. You not believing in pay-to-win has nothing to do with what you quoted. Neither does you lying about how much you make a year. You are stupid if you think gold increases in value as more is being brought into the game. You can make 30k+ an hour farming right now, but you'd rather be lazy. I've been in a couple top 500 guilds and they all require flasks, pots, consumables, and enchants/gems. If you don't have those, you don't raid. Proving you have an ego is one thing, but proving you're not just an idiot with an ego is another. So far you've failed to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post

Prices are based off of supply and demand. Prices are not absurd because there are too many people that want to buy potions/flasks and not enough able/willing to sell. If you knew there wasn't enough herbalists, why didn't you start buying out herbs day 1 or 2 for cheap and hoarding them the week of EN?

Good for you, all you did is prove how easy it is to get into a phd program when so many finish years after the required time passes. There are 3 ways to study for a phd: scholarship, budget(you don't pay) or tax(you pay) and without a scholarship it means nothing since teachers have a required number of students so they take anyone willing. Your link is for grad school time as well, taking masters (2 years) into account in addition to the phd time.

You want to prove a point? Show me the mean phd time for people with scholarships and an over 10 ISI impact factor(since you can pay lower rated magazines to publish even fake articles without anyone checking and still be awarded credits).

But I'm pretty sure a thread about the consumable cost in WoW is not the best place to make fools of yourselves.

EDIT: Speaking about worthless people that are given a degree just so some professors get more money and that only exist to boost up numbers/make institutions look good. And what perfect timing as well, here's the result of those numbers you posted.
    You're one of those people. Folks, just stop talking to this one. His/her ego is so inflated, it's pointless.

Some of you people either enjoy a mythic raid guild and sold carries in WoD, therefore have no worries. Or played the garrisons / AH and have millions. Problem you have is that you assume everyone else enjoys the same benefit. For the record I made millions on garrisons.

Reality is, vast majority of people have <50k gold and vast majority are not in Mythic raid guilds that sell carries.

Which leave 95%+ of the guilds raiding out there with maybe 500k in the guild bank and a roster of 20+ that can't afford current pots/flasks/runes/food. To put it perspective my guild did the math and it would cost ~140k per raid night to use inflated priced mats. That would be 3 nights of raiding before guild bank was broke for majority of guilds.

We are asking members to wear the herb shoulder enchant and funnel herbs to an officer with alchemy. Until then we are using WoD mats.

Personally never will pay 800g per pot or 1800g per flask, just farming my own mats and working my alchemist up (seriously silly amount of quests). In a couple weeks it will be a non-issue.

People herbing must be loving life if they are selling, a stack of Foxflower was 32k last night. I got my herbers artifact and gathered a stack in about 2 hours.

The only reason to not have gold from this expansion is laziness. Even a minimal amount of time playing you can make a few thousand gold in about 30 minutes. Also there are plenty of guides to help you make gold. As for the potions they are worth the gold. My guild isn't making it mandatory for week 1. So I'm just making and selling them till the prices go down.