Thread: Warden Tower WQ

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Warden Tower WQ

Soooo...another stealth nerf tonight on Warden Tower WQ's? First 3>6 hour spawn times...now 300>150 honor? Or is it bugged?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised they even give honor. My experience so far has been nothing but flagged PvE with the exception of the free-for-all areas but even then you're done in 10 minutes.

Maybe they're actually challenging on populated servers though and are taking those kills in to account for the overall payoff if they reduced the reward.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Yeah, I noticed as well. There goes the last way to actually gain a decent amount of levels in a broken system. If they keep fucking on that end, I wish their graces would deem it worthy to apply the prestige talent fix from 7.1 as well via their damned hotfixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I'm surprised they even give honor. My experience so far has been nothing but flagged PvE with the exception of the free-for-all areas but even then you're done in 10 minutes.

Maybe they're actually challenging on populated servers though and are taking those kills in to account for the overall payoff if they reduced the reward.
    nope on populated servers there is no pvp action.

the towers are designed so alliance have 4 WQ's and horde have 4 and these make sure horde and alliance never run into each other, go to a tower when it's not a WQ for you, you might see some alliance killing the horde npcs or the other way around depending on your faction.

i can't imagine why they did this, it's literally the opposite of pvp, sending alliance and horde away from each other, i mean why would i go defend a tower when it's not a WQ so i can run into 50 alliance doing their WQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

the towers are designed so alliance have 4 WQ's and horde have 4 and these make sure horde and alliance never run into each other, go to a tower when it's not a WQ for you, you might see some alliance killing the horde npcs or the other way around depending on your faction.

i can't imagine why they did this, it's literally the opposite of pvp, sending alliance and horde away from each other, i mean why would i go defend a tower when it's not a WQ so i can run into 50 alliance doing their WQ?
    If you want easy honor, gather a few mates and defend a tower. 10ish honor per kill.

You can't complain about no world pvp when you don't actively seek it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

It was never going to work like actual pvp. For example on my server there are probably 3 times as many alliance than horde. If they had only 1 tower it would be a slaughter because of the piss poor server management on blizzards end. I think their original goal was to ease player not familiar with pvp into it by giving them some mobs that behave like your average annoying player (since they are only worgen/forsaken though, you lack some of the worst offenders like demon hunters). When you are a fresh 110 character they are also kinda hard for DDs given the abilities and mob placement of the enemies, at least solo since you can easily pull too much. All that obviously went out of the window with the loot distribution being over the top in the first 2 weeks and every other person having 845+ iLvl because of it. Blizzard only nerfed the towers as well, the "arena zerg-fests" still give 500 honor btw. All in all I wish they'd just remove them and put something else there, because the pvp zones are annoying as hell if you have a digsite there or want to ride to a certain location and they are in the way (like the highmountain one in the west). I'd rather see them activate 2 ffa arenas instead.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-09-22 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah, I noticed as well. There goes the last way to actually gain a decent amount of levels in a broken system. If they keep fucking on that end, I wish their graces would deem it worthy to apply the prestige talent fix from 7.1 as well via their damned hotfixes.
    The system is not broken. YOu pvp for pvp rewards. plain and simple. Queue Bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacpierre View Post
    The system is not broken. YOu pvp for pvp rewards. plain and simple. Queue Bgs.
    So can we have all gear removed from PvP? Seeing as you're PvPing for things that can be used in PvE. Kthanks.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Soooo...another stealth nerf tonight on Warden Tower WQ's? First 3>6 hour spawn times...now 300>150 honor? Or is it bugged?
    Or rested honor was over? Can you check it?

I wish Blizzard would not separate the Alliance and Horde in these PvP World Quests to where one faction is attacking a tower on the other side of the zone from the other faction. Why not have a single tower under siege by one faction while the other tries to defend it? Or have both factions try to secure the same tower. That would at least put the PvP in PvP World Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Or rested honor was over? Can you check it?
    Several posts in the main forums about it too, not rested honor, full nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    I wish Blizzard would not separate the Alliance and Horde in these PvP World Quests to where one faction is attacking a tower on the other side of the zone from the other faction. Why not have a single tower under siege by one faction while the other tries to defend it? Or have both factions try to secure the same tower. That would at least put the PvP in PvP World Quest.
    don't think so - I got rested honor xp bonus immediately after finishing my last WQ after some Alliance thought it was a smart move to attack a flagged prot warrior at the flight master... but, maybe? I don't PvP much and just stared doing the PvP WQ's a few days ago so not sure how the new system completely works.

indeed, got 172 honor (=150 without banner)
    wtf blizz

Confirmed, stealth nerf. Thanks Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    indeed, got 172 honor (=150 without banner)
    wtf blizz
    Banner?

/10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    If you want easy honor, gather a few mates and defend a tower. 10ish honor per kill.

You can't complain about no world pvp when you don't actively seek it out.
    Exactly. It is about player mentality, nothing is wrong with the tower system. My guess would be that we just got so much to do, and people just don't prioritize the tower defense as high as a epic gear upgrade.
    Defending towers rewards a good amount of honor from the kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Banner?

/10char
    Battle Standard of Coordination

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    Huh, didn't think that'd work as it says on kills, not quest, I'll need to try that next time.

Need everything I can get seeing as towers are now 1/4 of what they were, and on my server group Alliance are lucky to win 1 in 10 battlegrounds.

Waiting for the 12 hour respawn time on towers and the brawling arenas reduced to 250 honor.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-22 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    So can we have all gear removed from PvP? Seeing as you're PvPing for things that can be used in PvE. Kthanks.
    I'm not pvping for things that can be used in pve. I run mythics for my gear, and cleared EN last night. You are world questing for PvP weapon skins. Nothing more. FYI, I do those quests also, because they are easy and give heaps of honor, but it is bad for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacpierre View Post
    I'm not pvping for things that can be used in pve. I run mythics for my gear, and cleared EN last night. You are world questing for PvP weapon skins. Nothing more. FYI, I do those quests also, because they are easy and give heaps of honor, but it is bad for the game.
    Point being, you are bitching because people are doing PvE content for something in PvP. If you want them separated, then no gear should drop from PvP, simple. Doesn't matter what you're using them for, or what else you do. One gets you iLevel and things you can actually use to boost yourself. The other is cosmetic.

Because I intend to use the skin in PvE instead of PvP, does that suddenly change things as you're saying you're not PvPing to get the gear for PvE?