Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    70% of this forum are nostraliuslegacynostalgia kidddos which havent even played legion yet. And they says Wotlk>Legion because of nostalgia lol.
    I have yet to play any class in legion that has felt better than any previous iterations. I like the content of the expac, but classes are just in a horrible spot imo.

Seems like a shit ton of rehashing to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Not even close.

Class design is pathetic, pruning kills my desire to play, there's nothing fun about being just a dmg bot. Gearing being completely RNG sucks too.
    ???? Artifact traits are very similar to old talent trees. I still have more buttons available than I can use most of the time. And world quests make gearing less RNG than it's ever been. Not saying everything is perfect, but I honestly disagree with all your points.

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite parts of Legion are the ones where Blizz got creative. Suramar being #1, including Court of Stars which is unlike any "dungeon" Blizz has ever done.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I have yet to play any class in legion that has felt better than any previous iterations. I like the content of the expac, but classes are just in a horrible spot imo.
    I also agree with this.

Again good expansion, but not without some problems. The new special effects are great, but the gameplay itself is not as much fun as it was in WoD. I loved the class gameplay in WoD, but again it was (is?) cool to say bad things about everything in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    It started off great for me but now that I'm 110 and getting into the real content, it's becoming more and more clear that class balance is still at a mid-beta level. The gap between top dps and bottom dps is HUGE and we're expected to wait until 7.1 for an real class changes. And the specs that are actually performing well are horribly clunky like the "patient sniper" MM hunter who runs in and shoots snakes everywhere, using literally the same rotation for both single target and AOE, and topping the charts during both.

Personally i think it sucks, too grindy. Not a month in and i'm considering quitting already. It's a shame, i'm a huge warcraft fan and i will continue to follow the game for the lore and all, but wow itself doesn't do it for me anymore.

The questing is awesome, they outdid themselves with Suramar. However, you're practically forced into doing the same crap everyday otherwise you fall behind. Can't reroll, can't respec, the artifact wep will end up being a massive failure imo.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2016-09-22 at 05:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So far my list goes MoP > Legion >> WOTLK > WoD > Cataclysm. Legion has rather big shoes to fill in terms of continued content and retention power.
    Legion>MoP=Wrath>Cata>Tbc>Vanilla imo, but to be fair I didn't play vanilla and only played TBC as a low level. Just not impressed with what I know exists in it. Im sure it was great back then, but it doesn't stack up to current stuff.

I read "Legion feels like Blizzard gathered a huge group of developers and dropped each of them into a wood chipper"

According to every person I've spoken to in game, Legion is the best xpac yet.

According to the pedants on MMO-C, it's the worst.

Y'all just have a stick up your ass.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    70% of this forum are nostraliuslegacynostalgia kidddos which havent even played legion yet. And they says Wotlk>Legion because of nostalgia lol.
    It's funny that you use "kiddo" when the wrathbabies are statistically the younger ones and the "nostalgia" cretinous excuse is typically made by people who have no argument ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    According to every person I've spoken to in game, Legion is the best xpac yet.

According to the pedants on MMO-C, it's the worst.

Y'all just have a stick up your ass.
    Bad Hollywood movies also have more fans than thoughtful films. Only thing it proves is that most people are idiots with low standards.
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-09-22 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's funny that you use "kiddo" when the wrathbabies are statistically the younger ones and the "nostalgia" cretinous excuse is typically made by people who have no argument ^^

Bad Hollywood movies also have more fans than thoughtful films. Only thing it proves is that most people are idiots with low standards.
    Or that this forum attracts a small minority of cynic assholes.

The gameplay is simplistic, the writing is terrible and the zones are pretty meh. It's also still a near completely single-player game, and the professions are nearly as shit as in WoD.
    I'll give to it that there is decent amount of content, even if reusing Dalaran was pretty lazy.

It's hardly "best expansion ever" stuff. Though it certainly look much better due to coming after WoD.
    Spot on.
    10chars

It sure as hell is better than WoD. I'm sure most can agree on that. As for best ever. Still to early for that.

Deleted
    As long as everyone is aware "best expansion" is entirely subjective.

Too early to say as for me personally. BC and WOTLK I didn't enjoy much out of still being turned off the game from hardcore raiding up to Naxx 40 in vanilla. Probably enjoyed MoP overall the most since the original incarnation of the game, but enjoying Legion very much so far.

Yes and no. The game has become much more cinematic, but that doesn't mean "better". For people who like watching bad Hollywood movies, it sure has become better accross the board. For people who like to immerse in the world, it's much less of a clear picture.

WoD, for example, has a terribad story so full of holes and cheese and clichés it's just unbearable if you don't manage to completely turn off your brain. It's also not epic, it's just loud and brashful. WoD leveling was overall pretty annoying to me.
    Legion has terribad writing, which are making me facepalming at every turn, and horrible storytelling that is constantly in a rush.
    WotLK had excellent lore and story.
    Cata was a mixed bag (excellent leveling in Vash'jir overall, boring as hell in Hyjal, half of Deepholme and Uldum are great, the other half is horrible, Twilight is average).
    MoP was hands down the very best at writing, storytelling and sceneries, only hampered by how faceroll it was.
    TBC and Vanilla were nice, but much enhanced by how the world was actually dangerous and made you feel like you were "in" instead of watching a movie.

So yeah, for me the two worst leveling expansions are Legion and WoD. It goes from just mindlessly boring with few saving graces (WoD) to actively cringy (Legion). That people could celebrate them in the leveling department is beyond my comprehension - but then Independence Day was a blockbuster, and I suppose it's the same thing.
    finally a person who uses his brain and notice this things.
    this post is 100% accurate.

I dunno if it best or not.
    Enjoying it a lot so far.

Deleted
    Anyone using "nostalgia" or "rose-tinted glasses" is an idiot who already lost any argument to begin with.
    Any need for an insult? Civilized conversation is much more pleasant...

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Any need for an insult? Civilized conversation is much more pleasant...
    I agree.
    But you can't have civilized conversation with people using "nostalgia". This is basically the Godwin point of WoW discussion (or any game discussion for that matter). The entire point of throwing "nostalgia" is to be able to ignore and dismiss everything that someone says without having to bother to even read their point.
    That's not something conductive to civilized discussion, or to any discussion at all.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why talking about this now? soo annoying. we don't know what they have in store for us. how many patches. what lore. noobs

I think it is. Not saying Legion is perfect. Some of the daily quests, in particular, show less attention to detail than other aspects of the xpac. But Legion doesn't have to be perfect to be Blizz's best xpac to date. WoLK wasn't perfect, just darn good. Legion is darn good (even when I'm griping about minor details).

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"