Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cauterizing Blink nerfed hard on the latest PTR build

Cauterizing Blink (Rank 1) Activating Blink heals you for 5.0% 2% of your maximum health over 0.
    Cauterizing Blink (Rank 2) Activating Blink heals you for 10.0% 5% of your maximum health over 0.
    Cauterizing Blink (Rank 3) Activating Blink heals you for 15.0% 8% of your maximum health over 0.
    Cauterizing Blink (Rank 4) Activating Blink heals you for 20.0% 10% of your maximum health over 0.
    Cauterizing Blink (Rank 5) Activating Blink heals you for 25.0% 13% of your maximum health over 0.
    Cauterizing Blink (Rank 6) Activating Blink heals you for 30.0% 15% of your maximum health over 0.
    Thank you blizzard for keeping the game balanced and fair, I don't know why people thought it was okay for fire mages to be able to solo kill standard or even named quest NPCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a retarded change.

Mages didn't have heals before, why would they now? I'm glad they gave us cauterizing blink to make content easier, but I'm not going to be upset about it when they nerf it. It's still good to use if you kite the mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    Mages didn't have heals before, why would they now? I'm glad they gave us cauterizing blink to make content easier, but I'm not going to be upset about it when they nerf it. It's still good to use if you kite the mobs.
    They have had heals before, but Blizzard feel it goes against class fantasy or some such nonsense.

Sure let the Wizard be unable to heal himself but the Warrior can with the magic of hitting really hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    the magic of hitting really hard.
    Lol

---

I blame PvP for that. The very second we get a somewhat reliable source of healing - it gets taken away. Why wouldn't they nerf it for only PvP encounters (or for arguments sake - only shimmering version of that)? Is it even a big deal that now i can actually kill elite mobs without kiting them in a 40 yards area pulling every single thing? Are we forced into frost for solo content for another expansion? (well personally i play all 3 specs for solo content, change them when i feel like it, but +100% on ice barrier surely helps a lot more than 8% max health HoT after a blink).
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Lol

---

I blame PvP for that. The very second we get a somewhat reliable source of healing - it gets taken away. Why wouldn't they nerf it for only PvP encounters (or for arguments sake - only shimmering version of that)? Is it even a big deal that now i can actually kill elite mobs without kiting them in a 40 yards area pulling every single thing? Are we forced into frost for solo content for another expansion? (well personally i play all 3 specs for solo content, change them when i feel like it, but +100% on ice barrier surely helps a lot more than 8% max health HoT after a blink).
    If I'm not mistaken it is nerfed in PvP as well, doing only 50% of it's heal. So 4% over 6 seconds. Which is basically nothing.

I'm not sure why this artifact trait was nerfed, its a nice quality of life buff that helps out with world quests mostly. Certainly didn't make the Fire Mage OP in anything as far as I can tell.

It's just a tooltip change. It never healed you for 30% in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by pvjeko View Post
    check your combat log before you start talking out your ass, the tooltip is accurate on live

Self heals stopped becoming relevant for me ever since I could burst down anything within combustion. Not the really big health elites with like 30M+ but all the ones around the 10M mark.

But ya know, you still got frost and arcanes superior kiting power if really struggling. Personally I'd rather a nerf to this than damage :/

Deleted
    Its always been 15% on live i can clearly see it

You are as usual whining for the sake of it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    What a retarded change.
    What is retarded is that a mage can heal and have a really strong shield as well.

Good change, now tone down melee mobility please.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Its always been 15% on live i can clearly see it

You are as usual whining for the sake of it
    Cauterizing Blink (Rank 1) Activating Blink heals you for 5.0% 2% of your maximum health over 0.
    Cauterizing Blink (Rank 2) Activating Blink heals you for 10.0% 5% of your maximum health over 0.
    Cauterizing Blink (Rank 3) Activating Blink heals you for 15.0% 8% of your maximum health over 0.

L2Read, kkthxbye

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    g. Personally I'd rather a nerf to this than damage :/
    True. It was always the same way - mages were dependant on burst damage and kiting abilities rather than defensive cds and selfhealing. Though I dont understand why DHs are allowed to heal themselves for that much, maybe nerf them too to keep the game fair?

It did if you had three artifact relics. Rank 6

Meh. We still have Ice Barrier. And in PVP, we still have Temporal Shield, which doesn't share CDs with Ice Barrier anymore. Now let's bring Temporal Shield back to PVE and I'll be one happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    check your combat log before you start talking out your ass, the tooltip is accurate on live
    It's 15% on live, no matter how immature and rude you are. Your parents must be proud of you.

Deleted
    It's 15% on live, no matter how immature and rude you are. Your parents must be proud of you.
    and 30% with 3 relics to boost it. Not sure how you can not understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    and 30% with 3 relics to boost it. Not sure how you can not understand this.
    why would you ever waste 3 relics on that though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    why would you ever waste 3 relics on that though?
    That is besides the point. You argued that it is a tooltip update and that it never healed 30%, it is not just a tooltip update and 30% is the current healing with 3 relics. 30% is getting reduced to 15%, and 15% is getting reduced to 8%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    What is retarded is that a mage can heal and have a really strong shield as well.

Good change, now tone down melee mobility please.
    Fire Mage doesn't have a really strong shield, it's Arcane and Frost that do.