Elerethe Renferal Poison Swirls

Can anyone tell me what causes the swirling poison shit to spawn and/or stop spawning? We were working on her tonight and poison just started raining everywhere during the Gathering Clouds on the first platform and it didn't stop and we ended up wiping 2-3 times without making it to the other side due to the sheer number of deaths.

Then I watched a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58G89gDK8dw where there was no poison swirls until they got to the 2nd platform, and it didn't seem like nearly as many were spawning.

The tornados from twisting shadows. Drop the poison in one part of the room, and the tornados away from the pools. The tornados on the webs will also fling up poison if you kill spiders on the web.

figured as much, thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by blooblahguy View Post
    The tornados from twisting shadows. Drop the poison in one part of the room, and the tornados away from the pools. The tornados on the webs will also fling up poison if you kill spiders on the web.
    Is this legit? I read you use the tornado Debuff to clear the pools and then drop tornados near pools just so all the bad is next to each other. Will want to change strat of the tornadoes truly "fling up" nearby pools of poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Is this legit? I read you use the tornado Debuff to clear the pools and then drop tornados near pools just so all the bad is next to each other. Will want to change strat of the tornadoes truly "fling up" nearby pools of poison...
    That's what was happening to us. I think you can still use them to clear the tornadoes, you just can't drop the tornadoes next to the remaining green stuff. We can confirm tonight, but it sounds like blooblahguy has already experienced it.

We struggled with this as well and only figured out what was happening after we killed her. Was much harder than it needed to be.

Some of my raid were also reporting that they were taking heavy damage from the poison pools when trying to disperse them with the twisting shadows debuff on. Was tanking so I couldn't test this myself, but anyone have thoughts on this? I assumed DPS wouldn't take damage when dispersing the poison pools.

Anyone else experience this? Is this expected behavior or a bug? Or do you just need to use heavy personal cooldowns, like having a rogue sprint/cloak of shadows? Almost seems unnecessarily dangerous since you leave the platform anyway.

My guild also had issues with this and I am keen to see how others handled it.

Our issues seem to be:

1) The green swirls. We're running with 30 people so pretty much the entire area is covered. We tried cleaning with the shadow debuff, we tried not cleaning, no matter what we do we get a ton of those. It seems not only the tornados from players fling poison, but also the tornados that she spawns.

2) the spiders on the webs. the tanks report they are untankable. Completely destroying anyone in 1 hit. Not sure what to do about this. Would appreciate help.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    My guild also had issues with this and I am keen to see how others handled it.

Our issues seem to be:

1) The green swirls. We're running with 30 people so pretty much the entire area is covered. We tried cleaning with the shadow debuff, we tried not cleaning, no matter what we do we get a ton of those. It seems not only the tornados from players fling poison, but also the tornados that she spawns.

2) the spiders on the webs. the tanks report they are untankable. Completely destroying anyone in 1 hit. Not sure what to do about this. Would appreciate help.
    Necrotic Venom (green swirls) are not a 1-shot. You want to stagger their drops, stacking multiple in the same spot as long as a healer is in range to heal these individuals. If you are getting overwhelmed with venom, the two possibilities are 1) very bad dps (assuming the phase transition is % based and not time based), or 2) those placing the venom are running around too much and not optimizing the drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted, I did this boss on normal, but in a 30-man raid (very melee heavy). Our first pull we had the pools all over the place and kinda had absolutely no room to stand in when the transition with winds and what not started. Also people kinda died trying to clear the green pools with tornado debuff. We had high DPS though so killing things on queue was not an issue.

On other pull we had the pools placed much better into the sides and people had room to move and deal with abilities. So the area being covered with pools is due to people not being fast enough in moving to the edge and people killing the spawned spiders before the tank had the time to pick them up and drag them to a location where there are pools already (cause the spider drop the pool as well when they die).

Although even when the pool placement was fine, the tornadoes were still an issue, cause really not much room to drop those without placing them over poison... But again, this was normal and we had high DPS and good healers so the stuff didn't kill us.

As for the spiders on the web-bridges - I agree with the comment that they cannot be tanked. As I was the tank on the ground then only spiders I found tankable where the ones from the broken eggs which for some reason people ran through (all of them). While the others which spawned in a pack and moved in a straight line were not, cause they moved fast past you before you could get threat on them. I think that people with feathers should kill those spider packs. And other thing I noticed is that the spiders which spawned in a pack seemed to ignore (?) people and just move to the "old" platform... So maybe people getting oneshot are the ones not fast enough getting to the Eye of the Storm?