Prestige on alts.

Hi, guys.

So, i was seeing that we need to reach prestige 1 rank 50 on all our characters if we want at least one of the artifact appearances from pvp rewards.

It's really not that difficult to reach prestige 1 rank 50 even if we want the artifact appearances on all 12 classes, even with no catch up system. We only have to invest some time, and we have like 6 months to do so.

The problem I'm seeing is for the future: we need to reach prestige 5 for season 2, prestige 9 for season 3 and prestige 13 for season 4.

Now that seems to be a fulltime work if we want all pvp appearances on all our characters.

I think Blizz need to fix this for the future. Maybe some reset each season (for example, reach prestige 1 rank 50 on season two, in order to get the reward).

With the fix they will implement during 7.1, they will encourage players to prestige without losing our pvp talents, but the problem I'm seeing is for the future.

Or what do you think about this?

(Sorry for the bad english, correct me if I'm wrong on something c

No, you want it? work for it

This game was always designed about looooong hours of grind, hence working as intended

7+ Year Old Account
    The game is also not balanced around you unlocking everything on every toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    The game is also not balanced around you unlocking everything on every toon.
    This is right in part.

But let's make an example:

Let's say it takes 1 day to reach 1 level of prestige, that means you have to spend 2 days to have the artifact appearance on season 1 on every character. 5 days on one character to reach Prestige 4 rank 50 to have the mount and the title.

And it's fine in this season, because you just need to spend 2 days on each character, except for one, since there is no need to reach max prestige level on the other characters since the mount and the title are account-wide (according to wowhead).

BUT, to the next season, you are just going to spend 2 days on that character to get the artifact appearance for that season, but 5 days with the others to get the same reward.

So, there is no real point on making it relatively easy in the first season, but harder for the next seasons during the expansion.

And it can't be applied for the past seasons, because, the conquest armor and weapons were available the next season for honor points, and the only thing that wasn't obtainable anymore was the elite gear. And it was understandable.

And be that as it may, before, we had a catch up system on our alts to earn more conquest to get geared properly. But now, the grind it's the same for all our characters, and to be more competitive, we have to do some pve (that has a catch up system for your artifact) for the artifact knowledge. And it is important if you want to grind honor, the WQ aren't enough, you have to do arena skirmish, ashran, etc. and you can't do it if your artifact is in low terms.

Deleted
    Why the hell get all 12 characters to prestige? Of if u play all them you need more time to reach it but asking it getting handed out on 12 because you have it on or several is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Diiabloz View Post
    Why the hell get all 12 characters to prestige? Of if u play all them you need more time to reach it but asking it getting handed out on 12 because you have it on or several is just dumb.
    I know I have to invest more time in order to get all characters to prestige for the appearance, what I'm saying is that the time investment for seasons 2, 3 and 4 will be greater than season 1.

Slightly off topic but you guys should be aware that if you unlock the mounts on one character they do not unlock account wide. I got the first mount, prestigious bronze courser on my main at prestige 3 rank 50, and was super disappointed to find its not account wide. Locking the artifact skins behind having to level prestige on each alt I understand, however the mount lock out I do not.

Really wish it wasn't the case.

In general I like how people kind of have to stick with one class if they want to continuosly be competitive - either optically or progress wise.
    That multiplies the variety in PVP a lot. We don't have to suffer FotM quite as much. Not that many RMD/Turbo only queues. That's neat. What I despise though is the grind itself. Well gear is not too important but the artifact weapon itself is.

Well I'll be looking into Battlerite as it's in early access now for competitive PvP style Arena...