Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Emerald Dream quest for druids

So we killed xavius last night, I was wondering if any of you druids had the problem of the quest not tracking the kill and completing .

I had the same problem and the druid healer on my group too. Other quest did track the kill thought.

Same problem here.

yea i have a ticket in for it.
    tracks for the nightfallen quest, but not the campaign

Same here, all four druids in our raid group did not get the kill on the quest. I think two of us have tickets.

Noooooooo, this is going to make me super sad if we get him tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I thought it was going to be fixed after having been reported in beta...I guess nothing ever changes.

Ticket response said the issue is resolved, but credit will not be applied retroactively

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Ticket response said the issue is resolved, but credit will not be applied retroactively
    At least on EU it isn't. Also, I don't quite get why they don't apply it retroactively, they definitely can do so (and have done so for other quests).

Not on EU apparently. All of our druids had issues with it in both split raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they are using some strange alternative meaning of the word resolved that the rest of the world is unfamiliar with.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Its been hotfixed.

Next week you'll get credit for it dont worry

(or just kill it in heroic XD)

Fellow Druid Game Master %Issue:GMName% here. I understand that you were a victim of the bug that affected the quest The Emerald Nightmare. ٩ʕ•͡וʔ۶ Rawr! The Stuff of Dreams is a very similar quest, so our reply robot got confused, I think... I will certainly kick him for you. I'm really sorry to hear that. I can definitely understand the feeling that you'll be left behind. I'm hoping to address any questions you may have satisfactorily and promptly, as we know how valuable your time is.

I'm afraid the reply you received earlier was generated for all Druids affected by this bug. We actually asked the developers directly about this bug, and they have asked us not to assist, I'm afraid. I know that's really disappointing. The logic behind their decision is based on the fact that this bug does not affect player progress apart from Artifact Appearances, which is to say that not completing it won't make your character weaker than other players that were able to complete it.

Since we Game Masters have been advised not to assist with this quest by the devs directly, I'm afraid there is not much we can do that wouldn't be abuse of our great powers. I'm very sorry about this! Leave some feedback for the devs on Twitter about this: https://twitter.com/warcraftdevs , so that hopefully they will respond to the issue publicly for the benefit of all affected Druids! I wish we were able to help more, my druid brother. I am crying the tears of Elune with you. I hope you can forgive the developers for their decision, and perhaps understand why they've made this decision.

While I know this wasn't the answer you were searching for, I do hope the information helps somewhat, and it has nevertheless been my honor to assist you Archdruid, worthy hero of Azeroth. If this resolves your issue, please choose "Mark as Resolved" above. If you have additional questions or concerns, you may choose "I Still Have a Problem" to reply to this message.

Hail, good harvest, and peace!

From the GM.. Always gotta appreciate their dedication lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wait.... so are they going to eventually give us credit for it, or just tell us to suck it up and do the Raid again?
    TLDR Its a cosmetic reward so they don't care. Try again next week.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Wait.... so are they going to eventually give us credit for it, or just tell us to suck it up and do the Raid again?
    You were going to kill him again next week anyway, so them spending two weeks checking every account and applying it retroactively doesn't make much sense. If your guild explodes or something, you can just wait until LFR. You're going to get that reward anyway, so they're not going to waste time getting it to you a week sooner.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm busy and can't raid at all next week.
    But does it matter? Do you need that quest completed right now?
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Need it? No. Want it? Yes. It does matter, since I put in the effort to clear the raid, specifically to have the quest completed so I could obtain the next look in my Artifact weapon, as well as any additional artifact quest progress. It's an annoyance because now I'm behind and I didn't get credit where credit was due.
    Pretty much that. It's more of a really annoying thing than anything else, seems silly to not give credit where it should have been given in the first place :/

yeah sucks i guess there is always this tuesday

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I got my kill count on Heroic Xavius last night, so I can confirm that it works now.