Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Will our artifact weapon be our ONLY weapon from here on out?

Will our artifact weapon be our ONLY weapon from here on out?

I see no reason to ever need to ditch the artifact weapon system now because lore wise there is no other weapon than can be made that can be topped in Azeroth.

Blizz can reskin our artifact weapons now until the last xpac hits and they certainly can keep adding artifact points and talents to it.

I see no reason to ever go back to getting nameless swords and staffs from now on.

Yeah we could go to argus next xpac but it still will be just nameless swords and staffs with little emotional attachment and i must say iam rather fond of my new artifact weapons i have grown quite attached and see no reason to ever have to stick them in my bank for a slightly better nameless green!

As far as we know the Artifacts we have are lasting us till the end of Legion and till the pre patch of 8.0. It'd be a shame to have this revamped system of our old talent system that was gone in cataclysm to see it be cast aside again in 8.0. But for now only time will tell.

In the next expansion we won't have artifact weapons anymore. I'm pretty sure Blizzard will make the artifact skill tree something attached to the character rather than the weapon in the next expansion - they can't take away that massive chunk of progression.

I wonder if blizzard plan something along the ffxiv anima weapon .

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

i think one problem is the gap between new people and those who played Legion if they really keep the AP trees.
    Legioners will be ahead a coulpe million points compared to newcomers.

Unless, of course, they keep the trees but change the way of getting points.

It would seem incredibly disheartening to spend all of legion collecting points only for it to all mean nothing when the next xpac hits if they remove the artifact tree system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    It would seem incredibly disheartening to spend all of legion collecting points only for it to all mean nothing when the next xpac hits if they remove the artifact tree system.
    I think you don't understand the point of an expansion. All gains you make will be reset at the start of the next expansion.
    They will take what they like from the current systems, incorporate them into new systems or attach them to the baseline of the spec.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    i think one problem is the gap between new people and those who played Legion if they really keep the AP trees.
    Legioners will be ahead a coulpe million points compared to newcomers.

Unless, of course, they keep the trees but change the way of getting points.
    They could always make level 111 automatically give you all the current talents. Or just make them all passive abilities you learn at 110, and clear the artifact interface.

Of course it makes the previous progression meaningless, but that's always been the case with expansions, why should they draw the line with artifacts?

If we end up keeping them as our only weapon, I hope Blizzard changes the tmog system to allow any weapon to be turned into any equippable weapon. Something they should have already done for Legion.

I would be satisfied with having my Apocalypse from now on

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    I think you don't understand the point of an expansion. All gains you make will be reset at the start of the next expansion.
    They will take what they like from the current systems, incorporate them into new systems or attach them to the baseline of the spec.
    Thing is they need to replace it with something awesome other wise it really does feel disheartening.

I understand things gets reset and i understand abilities get canned but to just toss the whole thing in the garbage without replacing it with something better would feel so depressing for me.

I bet they get set aside or taken at the end of the expansion. The system will surely live on just as the mission tables did but it won't be the actual weapon. Depending on how much it's loved or not will determine either a deminished role or a bigger one. Or if they start selling skins. It's forever if they find a way to micro trans on a appearences for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't believe we'll have them in the next expansion.

Just seems so right for me to give the Ashbringer to Arator when I'm done with it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It would be fairly easy for them to make another set of artifacts. Each level increase gets another set. Allows them to re-think the traits and re-balance without making it one of those big "nerf/buff" issues.

I think one of the points that will impact their continuation into the next expansion will be how the raiders feel about not having unique skins drop from bosses. The skins are still fairly new, but the change in how appearances are earned has put PvE pretty much on par with PvP in terms of visually flashing off your stuff.

Having skins unlock for everyone who completed certain content might be a little too generous and I expect that some players would rather have weapon drops from raids like in the previous expansions.

They will also need to somehow fix the relic thing. The current system is garbage, because you cannot re-gain relics you replaced easily. So when you need to get that titanforged top-tier relic for your artifact to max the ilvl out, it better have the right bonus trait level as well. With dedicated weapons you just put the one you replaced in the bag and could swap if a reason popped up.

Deleted
    if ppl like it(and my guess is they do? even though its a grind an alt unfriendly and offspec unfriendly at that) they will bring out a new one for the next expansion, with idk, maybe an option to have some AP converted by the power of the titans or something

The day the way to obtain the hidden Thunderfury skin is discovered and I get it, I will have a VERY hard time of not being able to kill stuff with it.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5

10+ Year Old Account
    i fucking hope so
    it would be stupid for blizzard to rape their lore after a good expansion giving us the most powerful weapons on azeroth then it being replaced by farmer joes toothpick
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In the next expansion we won't have artifact weapons anymore. I'm pretty sure Blizzard will make the artifact skill tree something attached to the character rather than the weapon in the next expansion - they can't take away that massive chunk of progression.
    It's a matter of tuning, they have said that they will keep relevant traits or weave them into specs if they feel it is good for the gameplay.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    One thing about artifacts being obsolete in the next expansion is that for altoholics such as myself, there's absolutely no point in ever getting traits for all of them. I'm guessing 13 will be the limit for most.

at the end of the expansion the only way we can destroy the final boss is by sacreficing our weapons together with the pillars of creation. All will be destroyed and our weapons drained of power.

Early into the next expansion we go to argus and the army of light will infuse our weapons with a new type of power, changing the appearence and restarting a new tier of progression.

I expect something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    i fucking hope so
    it would be stupid for blizzard to rape their lore after a good expansion giving us the most powerful weapons on azeroth then it being replaced by farmer joes toothpick
    inb4 last fight of expansion ruins your weapon and you get to replace your 1000 ilvl weapon with a 850 green til new expansion comes along!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.