Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    That Wretch is a pretty nice album.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Listened to one track, that is some amazing stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who megahyped?

New Heaven Shall Burn album is out and so far it's a really good listen! The highlight of the album is The Cry of Mankind, a 7:35 long weird trip through several types of metal. Go check it out

First day of Riot Fest was yesterday. Pretty cool to see a few good bands; Diarrhea Planet, Gwar, Meat Puppets, Ween, Flaming Lips.

Dillinger Escape Plan played it was wild as heck. Stage diving from the rafters, Greg singing with blood all over his chin from a busted lip, Liam jumping from the monitors while careering offstage and Ben being held aloft in the middle of the crowd- literally walking upright atop the crowd while soloing. DEP live up to their legendary reputation. Outrageously dangerous show. LOL

However.

Refused.

Oh my god, Refused are one of the best live bands I have ever seen. Unreal. They absolutely destroyed Riot Fest. People were fainting during their show; like 3 people actually. The volume, intensity and performance was heart-stopping. I myself got sick after the performance.

At one point I felt I might have my ribs broken because the crush of the crowd was so much. My legs were jelly, my stomach was a roil. We all were going so hard the crowd was a blur of headbanging, middle fingers and fists. I swear people were jumping about 2 1/2 feet off the ground the entire set. People were clearing the barriers from a standing position easily on one side, just going over the to the top (literally) right into the pit.

It was crazy. Rarely have I gone so hard at a show. Rarer still have I seen that many people go just as hard if not harder. Even though the crowd sung every fucking lyric, Refused were so LOUD their sound system could be felt sledgehammer. People were passing out during this performance- legit passing out.

Refused fucking destroyed.

Riot Fest day 2 begins in a few hours. My heart is ready, body is not.

This might be a bit *soft* for this topic but due to youtube i discovered a fella named Leo Moracchioli from a studio named frog leap studios when he does not record for others he does his own thing thats mainly metal coves of *popular* tunes he does play,record and videos himself mostly, he does at times get help from others. he got like 100 covers up by now and new stuff every 2 weeks or so...

a few covers i found good from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6r1dAire0Y eye of the tiger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtQUJMBH8uE Hello ( Adele )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jrp...poWt5JP18NHeve ( (cheap thrills ) Sia

10+ Year Old Account
    Great to see some love for Wretch. I'm excited for the album. The Gates of Slumber were great.

Blind Guardian put on one of the best shows I've ever seen on Friday. Hansi's voice was unreal, and the band was super tight. The crowd ate it up too.
    Last edited by thewallofsleep; 2016-09-18 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New In the Woods after 17 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much a calmer, darker and non-circusy Arcturus for people who don't know them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    New In the Woods after 17 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much a calmer, darker and non-circusy Arcturus for people who don't know them.
    https://dmp666.bandcamp.com/album/pure

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    New Darkthrone has leaked in mediocre quality.
    I'm really tempted to get this, but if it's mediocre quality I might just wait until it actually releases.

I have it in decent audio and the album is so great imo.
    Last edited by Sylfaine; 2016-09-22 at 09:57 PM.

Yeah early reviews I'm seeing of the leak are looking promising. I'll probably break down and get it early

Deleted

Album leaked today. Sounds great so far. One of the few American bands that I actually like. Most of the times (Atleast in my experience) it's just typical metalcore or bland death metal.

Not a fan of the vocals on the second track, I dislike Bjorn/Soilwork but the music is fucking flawless.

Glad to say that after Elements of the Infinite they deliver once again! Loved that album, and it seems I will love this album too.

Original Skitsystem line up is getting back together, at least to play some shows. Some new material would be nice, though.

New Wormrot song dropped today.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2016-09-22 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post

Album leaked today. Sounds great so far. One of the few American bands that I actually like. Most of the times (Atleast in my experience) it's just typical metalcore or bland death metal.

Not a fan of the vocals on the second track, I dislike Bjorn/Soilwork but the music is fucking flawless.

Glad to say that after Elements of the Infinite they deliver once again! Loved that album, and it seems I will love this album too.
    Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! So good!
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! So good!
    Full album is on youtube now:

Of Mind at Matrix, that part at 25:30. HOLY SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Full album is on youtube now:

Of Mind at Matrix, that part at 25:30. HOLY SHIT.
    Yeah just found it out. Thanks anyway ;D
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Listening to Insomnium - Winter's Gate at this moment.

My whole body is feeling weird right now...