Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxDAyNUfPk

I know, I know.. we're back to "RNG is RNG" as an excuse.
    What are you saying it is then? Blizzard purposely giving streamers legendaries? Cause I've some news for you, theres loads of big streamers out there that dont have a legendary yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Just like you have no idea if it isn't working. None of us has zero idea if it is working or not.
    We can bounce that ball between working and not working all day but without seeing the actual code we can just keep bouncing it. BUT the things we know for a fact is that:
    - Blizzard claimed everything is working as intended
    - Legendary drop rate wasn't working as intended
    After this Blizzard claimed they fixed the issue, NOW, based on their previous statements we can easly say that their latest claim might be true, might not be true, nonetheless it doesn't matter if it's 0 or 1. We know for a fact that the system was broken and there was an attempt to fix it (just like there was an attempt to create working system in the first place), so unless we see the code we should assume it's not fixed unless we're provided with an evidence saying otherwise (because just a word from blizzard that they assure us it's working was a lie before so we should expect everything they claim to be false untill proven otherwise). It's a tinfoil argument but at this point without any credibility it's the only viable one. The drop rate system in theory is the most basic system to create and to test and yet with hundered of man-hours developing it and months upon months of testing it in both internally and during beta it turned out to be broken on the very basic level. I think it's safe to asume that's not the only system in place that doesn't work as intended and the issue is not fixed. Because we've been proven right even as ridicilous as it sounded then and now - the numbers were working against us (or in favor if you're the lucky bastard)

Personally - i don't care, I know that even with everything working as indended I will not get any good drop, it's not the first game screwing me over with RNG. I just can't believe how fast people are back to "rng man" after being proven that it literally wasn't "rng man"
    Last edited by mmoc9662afc2dc; 2016-09-22 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    We can bounce that ball between working and not working all day but without seeing the actual code we can just keep bouncing it. BUT the things we know for a fact is that:
    - Blizzard claimed everything is working as intended
    - Legendary drop rate wasn't working as intended
    After this Blizzard claimed they fixed the issue, NOW, based on their previous statements we can easly say that their latest claim might be true, might not be true, nonetheless it doesn't matter if it's 0 or 1. We know for a fact that the system was broken and there was an attempt to fix it (just like there was an attempt to create working system in the first place), so unless we see the code we should assume it's not fixed unless we're provided with an evidence saying otherwise (because just a word from blizzard that they assure us it's working was a lie before so we should expect everything they claim to be false untill proven otherwise). It's a tinfoil argument but at this point without any credibility it's the only viable one. The drop rate system in theory is the most basic system to create and to test and yet with hundered of man-hours developing it and months upon months of testing it in both internally and during beta it turned out to be broken on the very basic level. I think it's safe to asume that's not the only system in place that doesn't work as intended and the issue is not fixed. Because we've been proven right even as ridicilous as it sounded then and now - the numbers were working against us (or in favor if you're the lucky bastard)
    You do have a point, but as you said in the start, all could be turned in to a bounce. Depends if you see negatively on it, or positively. Fixed or not. Low drop or high. This part of the discussion would fall straight in to calm water as we have no credible argument for it working or for it not working.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Are you familiar with the legendaries that YOUR class can get?

Are you familiar that out of the several (8?) you COULD get.. most classes only have a couple that are really good?

If someone has 3... they have already either gotten a BiS.. UBER powered item... or at worst have eliminated 3 bad ones.

When you DO get your first drop.. it may very well be the shittiest one... and in raid doesn't do anything for your performance.

THen when you realize that when they DO have it fixed... each subsequent legendary becomes less and less likely to drop.
    You do know there are no "Shitty Legendaries" right? The ilvl alone is an upgrade for EVERYONE. Atleast this far and even later on when Nighthold will open you will also be able to upgrade them from what i understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    And what does that have to do with anything? If Blizzard needs streamers to promote their 12+ year old game then they are doing a shitty job. We all pay for the sub ( even if you buy gametime using tokens ) we should all have the same chance.
    Umm that is your opinion man, Blizzard can give whoever the fck they want Beta and all you can do is whine about it and stop subbing. And ofc they want to promote streamers to play Beta to get up the hype around a new release.

- - - Updated - - -

But the person should have a reduced chance of getting next one but strangely he got his 3rd!
    Really you know what reduced means right? it does not mean 0% chance! And besides noone know how much reduced chance it is, perhaps the percentage is still off and they will reduce it even further IF very many ppl are reported in getting their 2nd or third Legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    the problem is that it's NOT random. That's what you and others chanting "RNG" are missing. Blizzard has told us that the code adjusts drop chance based on whether you have a legendary. The second they did that, they moved away from pure random chance toward some weighting and there's always the possibility that the code they've written does, in fact, have a bug.
    To me it still is random but the chance to get one is REDUCED. Dont mean you cant still get one again right?

15+ Year Old Account
    So, Blizzard makes 2nd legendary easier to acquire after you get 1st. While I had 0. They fix that bug but now they make 3rd legendary easy to get after you get your 2nd... while now I have 1.
    DA FUK?!
    Is it their luck or MY BAD LUCK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So, Blizzard makes 2nd legendary easier to acquire after you get 1st. While I had 0. They fix that bug but now they make 3rd legendary easy to get after you get your 2nd... while now I have 1.
    DA FUK?!
    Is it their luck or MY BAD LUCK?
    I don't think you have bad luck when you already got more legendaries than about 95% (my guess) of all players. I haven't even seen one drop for anyone (ore a single player wearing one)

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Obviously not. Dunning–Kruger at work here it seems.
    Yes I do Someone skipped a lot of math in school

Operative word : "chances". Now apply you self-proclaimed knowledge of statistics and you should get it.

If i have chance of lets say 0.001 that increases each time by same amount ( 0.001 ) after 2000 bosses killed ( normal, hc, mythic, mythic+ and now even raid ) I should have much higher chance to get legendary them someone who got 1st then 2nd and then 3rd MUCH HIGHER chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    What are you saying it is then? Blizzard purposely giving streamers legendaries? Cause I've some news for you, theres loads of big streamers out there that dont have a legendary yet.
    No.. I don;t think that at all... I think it's still bugged.. and the longer it goes bugged, the more they need to fucking fix it and work out some fair method of allowing everyone else to catch up.. at least with their first.

This is still bugged, I know people will just once again go no rng blablabla.

Of all the people I know that had a legendary, they all got another yesterday. I now know 2 people with four legendary's to top that off.
    Other guilds are reporting similar behaviour, those who had a legendary prior to that fix got at least one more and some two in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    You do know there are no "Shitty Legendaries" right? The ilvl alone is an upgrade for EVERYONE. At least this far and even later on when Nighthold will open you will also be able to upgrade them from what i understand.
    You really should do some research. It's the affix that makes or breaks a legendary. But hey if you think not.. then by I means I hope you get the "non-shittiest" piece first and deal with it 6 months. In fact I hope you get it today!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yet four toons that I run stuff on constantly have zero. Though I saw someone mention the "bad luck protection" doesn't start until raids opened yesterday, so who knows.
    I hope so... it does seem raid bosses have a higher chance. I also saw one drop off the world boss.

Still at least we know Blizzard's "Good Luck" mechanism is flawless.

So many bad and mad people here, Jesus. He deserves some luck. Elvine is a good champ.

Deleted
    After reading the whole 9 pages of conspiracy bullsh**, I really think of starting a tinfoil hat company.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkleppe View Post
    So many bad and mad people here, Jesus. He deserves some luck. Elvine is a good champ.
    I don't think anyone is mad Elvine got anything.. he is a good content creator.

We are upset because we are paying for a game that has some broken code in it, gave some people some really desirable items due to a bug, adn it does affect our experience of the game. We don;t want anything taken away, just the bug fixed and perhaps some mechanism to balance the playing field.

This community is the fucking worst. Noone understands what RNG actually is and now because of this bug they'll never actually learn.

This community is so fucking stupid that now it's impossible for someone to be lucky according to the fucking morons in this thread. I hope you all get cancer. Especially the OP.

Yes I do Someone skipped a lot of math in school
    Glad to see you're starting to realize something.
    If i have chance of lets say 0.001 that increases each time by same amount ( 0.001 ) after 2000 bosses killed ( normal, hc, mythic, mythic+ and now even raid ) I should have much higher chance to get legendary them someone who got 1st then 2nd and then 3rd MUCH HIGHER chance.
    Yes, you're right.
    Now, let me repeat the same thing, as it seems it went through your brain without firing a neuron : "chance" is the operative word. Your inability to understand the concept of "chance", is what shows your ignorance of statistics.

Note : it's totally possible that Blizzard's formula is broken. But to judge that, you would need to see the statistical distribution of dropped legendaries, and compare it with the expected one, and have a large enough number for it to be significant.

That some random idiot has 0 legendary and one guy out of several millions got 3 or 4, is not a proof nor an evidence nor anything.
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-09-22 at 12:49 PM.

I don't think anyone is mad Elvine got anything.. he is a good content creator.

We are upset because we are paying for a game that has some broken code in it, gave some people some really desirable items due to a bug, adn it does affect our experience of the game. We don;t want anything taken away, just the bug fixed and perhaps some mechanism to balance the playing field.
    The bold part is exactly what I want at least. If players got 2nd legendary due to a bug then Blizzard doesn't just need to fix broken code and "reset" their chance to same value as they had before they got 1st or 2nd they need to reduce it to even less so this shit called RNG doesn't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    After reading the whole 9 pages of conspiracy bullsh**, I really think of starting a tinfoil hat company.
    You really should, also tell this guy - us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749088056?page=1 that he was wrong while you're at it.

The bold part is exactly what I want at least. If players got 2nd legendary due to a bug then Blizzard doesn't just need to fix broken code and "reset" their chance to same value as they had before they got 1st or 2nd they need to reduce it to even less so this shit called RNG doesn't happen.
    Do you know blizzard since yesterday? Absolutely nothing will be done about this, no compensation or balancing, D3 had issues like that many times during multiple seasons and they just decided "well, we can't change anything it will make more harm than fix stuff"

Glad to see you're starting to realize something.

Yes, you're right.
    Now, let me repeat the same thing, as it seems it went through your brain without firing a neuron : "chance" is the operative word. Your inability to understand it is what shows your ignorance of statistics.
    I know right, I mean how did you even managed to pass the highschool.

Chance is a bullshit word in this case. Do you wanna know why? Because out of probably close to 90% of the players who didnt got their 1st legendary and their chance increased because of that, he god his 3rd while his chance did reset back to a starting "numbers" after each "proc" According to Blizzard that shouldn't happen.

I know right, I mean how did you even managed to pass the highschool.
    Well, you're the one understanding jack shit about statistics while claiming you know a lot, you should be more worried about yourself ^^
    Chance is a bullshit word in this case. Do you wanna know why? Because out of probably close to 90% of the players who didnt got their 1st legendary and their chance increased because of that, he god his 3rd while his chance did reset back to a starting "numbers" after each "proc" According to Blizzard that shouldn't happen.
    You still prove you're completely ignorant about what statistics are and how they work. Stop embarassing yourself, it's becoming cringe-worthy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maudib View Post
    still at least we know blizzard's "good luck" mechanism is flawless.
    yes it does
    Last edited by mmocf56dd89877; 2016-09-22 at 12:56 PM.