10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb How to get the sub hidden appearance: Some Hints and Tips

Summary
    To get the hidden artifact appearance for the Fangs of the Devourer, you must first give Marin Noggenfogger one these:

Vault Ticket http://www.wowhead.com/item=140774

After you turn the ticket and you want extra chances, give him one of these, as they only work after the first one.
    Marin Noggenfogger's Lucky Coin http://www.wowhead.com/item=140774

After one of these has been delivered to him(Beware! the coins only work after you have given him a ticket that same day!), he will promptly allow you to take one item (And only one!) in his Vault.
    Each day, the loot on the Vault changes, and no matter how many coins you give him, the loot available to get will always be the same until the daily quest reset on your server.
    One of these items can be the Sparkling Set of Keys, which are here on this pillar marked with a small red X on the map:
    and they look like this:

How to get the Ticket:
    First you must get this research for the Class Hall:
    It gives you a chance of getting a ticket upon a succesful follower mission completion. You can only get/turn one of these each day.

How to get the Coins:

Go to any dungeon or place in the broken isles with lots of humanoids and pick pocket them until the coin drops. Suramar City is a good place to farm for it, since there are a lot of humanoid mobs there and they are neutral if you have the disguise unlocked. Just be careful with mobs that break the disguise and pull you out of stealth!
    The coins can be turned and looted multiple times every day, however they are Unique, so you can only have one of these in your bags at a time. It is advised that you turn yours in immediately after you get it. (Again, only after you turn in the Vault Ticket, else there'll be no loot.)

How to get the Keys:
    Edit: Apparently, you have to turn in a ticket before you even try to turn in the coins, else no loot will show up at all with the coins.
    After you turn in the coin the keys might not be there, that means no matter how many times you try in that day, the keys won't show up.
    Just try turning in coins/tickets once a day and IF the keys show up, you can farm for the coins once more and if you turn them in on the same day, the keys are gonna be there again.
    So if you get the keys, don't just bail. turn in more and more coins on the same day (they are unique, so turn one in exactly when you get it) and you'll have lots of keys(you get 1-3 keys each time you get them from the wall). I got around 15 keys in the day they showed up for me and it took me around 7-8 keys to get the appearance (I fucked up a lot on the scenario)

How to get the Appearance:

After you get the keys, Speak to Taoshi on the class hall and you'll start the Scenario. For tips on the scenario itself watch this video: (the scenario part starts at 2:13)
    Last edited by LFPO8k; 2016-09-21 at 10:04 PM. Reason: more polishing and stuffs

Thnx, nice little guide!

Too bad I don't like any of the Sub artifact looks

Assa ones are better. Heck, i'm using the looks of the first blue daggers we get in legion >_>

First of all, after tons of tickets. If you trade a coin BEFORE trading the Vault Ticket you won't see any loot.
    Hey there Darkkz, I am Game Master Xyphibennu.

Thanks for getting in touch here and sorry for the delay getting back to you.

In order to use Marin Noggenfogger's Lucky Coin to get another run in the Vault, you have to have done the Vault Ticket quest that day.

If you hand in the coin before the ticket sadly you will not be able to loot anything, this is working as intended currently.

All the best and take care
    As they say, work as intended. Way too fucking stupid but I won't start..

Also, it may happen to get the keys even if the first 151 attempts that day did not 'dropped' them. Reported by several rogues, not me tho'.

Let's get this straight. I am not a lucky guy. Like I have spent literally my past 2 weeks trying to get that appearance. I did not caught the bugged edition of the keys. Since 2 weeks ago, after maintenance they lowered the key display/drop rate to, let's say 5% or some shit. Since then, I traded a shit ton of keys, haven't been able to loot them once.

Three days ago, I think they nerfed the Vault Ticket as I am not able too gain them anymore also. Did like 20-30 missions, 15 yesterday. Without the ticket, you can't trade coins.

You should add some of these info to the main post, whatever suits you.

Thanks lizzard,
    It may be 50% bad luck. Or the quests are really bugged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ikr? literally dog teeth as the artifact for the "ninja spec". Whose idea was that?
    They could have made up something better like, I don't know, a Nathrezim dagger or something. They are pretty deceiving/cunning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkz View Post
    snip
    Oh wow, I didn't know any of that. I got my appearance last week :/
    Holy shit, blizzard really hates fun huh? and if it is working as intended why the hell isn't this displayed clearly on the tooltip? Why can you even give in coins before the fucking ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by LFPO8k View Post
    Each day, the loot on the Vault changes, and no matter how many coins you give him, the loot available to get will always be the same until the daily quest reset on your server.
    This was not the case with me. I gave him a ticket followed by 2 coins the same day and the last ones gave me access to the keys. Initially, I thought it was the case but decided to test the theory. First coin yielded the same loot as the initial ticket. Went out, got a new coin with the intent to get several to see if my loot access was the same. Second coin gave me access to the keys, upon not succeeding in the scenario I went out to get a third coin which, again, gave me access to the keys and I subsequently picked up the appearance shortly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    This was not the case with me. I gave him a ticket followed by 2 coins the same day and the last ones gave me access to the keys. Initially, I thought it was the case but decided to test the theory. First coin yielded the same loot as the initial ticket. Went out, got a new coin with the intent to get several to see if my loot access was the same. Second coin gave me access to the keys, upon not succeeding in the scenario I went out to get a third coin which, again, gave me access to the keys and I subsequently picked up the appearance shortly thereafter.
    Well, I am glad keys started to drop again? EU or US? I am unable to get my hands on a Vault Ticket for the past 4 days and thus don't know what's going on with the keys. Completed over 20 missions. Nada. Indeed, Lizzard hates fun. I should reroll a 0 brain activity hunter to buy it from the fucking vendor.
    Last edited by Darkkz; 2016-09-22 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkz View Post
    Well, I am glad keys started to drop again? EU or US? I am unable to get my hands on a Vault Ticket for the past 4 days and thus don't know what's going on with the keys. Completed over 20 missions. Nada. Indeed, Lizzard hates fun. I should reroll a 0 brain activity hunter to buy it from the fucking vendor.
    It was fairly early on when I got it, about 2 weeks ago. Maybe they stealth hot-fixed something. Oceanic-US server.

10+ Year Old Account
    What am I doing wrong, I see no keys on the walls :/

The keys do not show up every time. I've seen keys on the wall maybe 1 in 3 vault tickets, perhaps less.

It took me 4 Treasure Trove runs with an average of 2 treasure keys per run (I had terrible luck with the large treasures).

It's very doable, just need to be a little lucky.

The keys only show up sometimes. For me it was maybe 1/3.

Seven days I have not received a single ticket. The GMs were calling it bad luck. I called it bullshit. Sunday morning, I logged in, to see myself with a quest for Marin. The Gods were merciful and they gifted me a Vault Ticket. Went in, completed the quest and turned in the ticket. Marin allowed me to stash my hand into the vault and pick an item. Without much hope turned around to see the bloody keys on that freaking wall. Looted the keys, received 3. I already had a Marin's coin the bags. Turned the coin in, again the keys.

From various post I have learned that the drop in the vault won't change, or it will but the chance is too small. I knew it was my day. Farmed some coins, made like 8 runs (28 per total since I discovered the hidden artifact). I said f**k this. I am wasting time. Went on a full spree double hearthstone in Dalaran farming coins in Suramar mode. Farmed a lot of coins. Stopped 30 minutes before midnight, when I capped 40 keys in my bags. Did a few runs and at midnight the bloody appearance dropped. Overall, I think I ran the scenario 33 times.

No!!!! I saw the keys and a box!! I chose the box thinking it was the crate toy but it wasn't! I didn't know the keys were the sub secret skin I feel much regret right now. On a side note, can you not turn in coins and tickets if Marin is an active champion? It seems to be that way, but I'm just making sure. When I deactivate him, I see him sitting in the vault.

Guys, can I still loot coins and do all that if Marin is inactive as a follower?

the first 2 times i got a vault ticket i got the coin almost instantly... now i got a vault ticket for the 3rd time and i cant get a coin for the life of me... can i be missing something??

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    Guys, can I still loot coins and do all that if Marin is inactive as a follower?
    You can get coins with Marin deactivated

In case you did not know, Talking to Tenwu the red smoke at the end of the scenario rewards you with a treasure key at the cost of ending the scenario.
    Useful to get that last key with a few seconds left on the timer.

Video in OP doesn't cover it, but hes in the last room on the left side of the boss, 4 red flares besides him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Thnx, nice little guide!

Too bad I don't like any of the Sub artifact looks

Assa ones are better. Heck, i'm using the looks of the first blue daggers we get in legion >_>
    try shiv of the uncrowned from the item vendor in our class hall ^^

Got it super ez ~25mins after reading your post , did like 4 runs , thanks dawg.