890 titanforged gear

Ok here is my situation, yesterday I was doing a world quest for a 830 chest(mainly for rep). Well, it proc'd and I was like no big deal what it is 840 now or has some useless stat like speed on it. So, a little later I look at it and it is 890 ilevel. Is gear suppose to be able to go to 890 from world quests? Seems like an extreme upgrade for a world quest. Not that I am complaining but gear from world quests shouldn't go that high this early. Has anyone else gotten this kind of upgrade or was it some extreme bug? Just curious because if not a big guess that means I have to do all gear world quests from now on.

Need pics/proof so I can cry.

Deleted
    Items can prock up to 895 now because of raid

Deleted
    Soo,... just when i thought i could now relax and stop doing the gear-WQs blizzard found a way to suck me back in...

Damn you, Blizzard! :P

It can happen just extreme luck. We say a 895 socketed piece in raid this week..... Just random is random congrats on the 1/1000000 Upgrade. Cause they said its basically like a coin flip and each 5 levels is another coin flip. so somehow you flipped 9 coins and they all came up heads..

Does the tier1 order hall advancement affect the chance of an upgrade for wq´s too? Cause it says only for non-repeatable quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Does the tier1 order hall advancement affect the chance of an upgrade for wq´s too? Cause it says only for non-repeatable quests.
    I'm pretty sure that answers your questions

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    WQs are "repeatable", so no. That advancement is pretty damn useless.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I'd say pic for proof because even if u go mythic + and by some miracle you do +9 or +10 ... u wont see that ilvl... nor are mythic raids out yet so u won't see it there either....

Did you loot a legendary instead by any chance because procs that high aren't out yet... (this info can be found on mmo or blizz forum if you don't believe me)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    got 860ilvl helm from mythic maw of soul yesterday. pretty kewl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripperslo View Post
    I'd say pic for proof because even if u go mythic + and by some miracle you do +9 or +10 ... u wont see that ilvl... nor are mythic raids out yet so u won't see it there either....

Did you loot a legendary instead by any chance because procs that high aren't out yet... (this info can be found on mmo or blizz forum if you don't believe me)
    Mythic loot is currently capped at 850 baseline itemlevel. It does not matter if you do +3 or +10, the baseline itemlevel stays the same. Next week it will go up to baseline itemlevel 865. Baseline means that this is the default item level. Every item (besides greens) you obtain has a chance to get upgraded, up to the maximum item level that is currently allowed (which is 895 for this tier).

The way this works is that when generated, the item has some chance to roll +5 ilvl. If that roll succeeds, the item gets +5 ilvl and the system rolls again. If it succeeds again, the item gains another +5 ilvl and the system rolls again. As soon as a roll fails, you receive the item and it has 'baseline item level + 5*(number of success rolls)'.

This obviously means that the chance to get an 895 item out of a WQ with base itemlevel 830 is much harder than to get it out of a raid with baseline item level 865.
    Just to see some numbers: Assume that the chance to upgrade by +5 is 10%. To upgrade from 830 to 895 means you need 13 positive rolls in succession, that is 0.1^13, that is, in average 1 out of 10.000.000.000.000 830 items will have ilvl 895. For a raid item with baseline itemlevel 865 you only need 6 positive rolls in succession, i.e. 0.1^6 or 1 out of a million on average.

Source with more number crunching (scroll down to blue post)

Not really sure how to do that but look my toon up on wowhead digem-fizzcrank and it is a hunter.

Uhm, you can proc to 895, so why wouldn't it be possible? Chances are extremely low, but someone is bound to get lucky.

Deleted
    So much for World Quests only give obsolete epics, and not top tier welfare epics.

Every item (probably from 805 and up) has an internal chance to give you a bonus roll of 5 item levels.

If you win that 5 item level roll it does another one and if you win that it does another etc etc.

If you are really lucky you can take any item up to 895 currently.

For example yesterday I had some blue 825 gloves from a world quest upgrade to 865.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    So much for World Quests only give obsolete epics, and not top tier welfare epics.
    Yeah, because I'll be decked out in Titanforged procced 895 with a 1 in 10.000.000.000.000 chance PER item in no-time, while heroic/mythic raiders will not have any gear drop for 2 years...

You should relax. Raiders will still have the best gear in every slot, but sometimes, just very, very, very sometimes, there will be a casual with ONE superduper awesome item that made his/her whole day and could be better then yours. Boohoo.

Deleted

One of the players on the world boss kill got a 890 items. So these reports are definitely not fake.

also someone in my guild got a 870 from a normal heroic instance that is +45 ilvl. So if you have world quest for a base 840 item and proc that you should get 885 I guess.

In 5 mythics yesterday the highest I saw was 860.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Yeah, because I'll be decked out in Titanforged procced 895 with a 1 in 10.000.000.000.000 chance PER item in no-time, while heroic/mythic raiders will not have any gear drop for 2 years...

You should relax. Raiders will still have the best gear in every slot, but sometimes, just very, very, very sometimes, there will be a casual with ONE superduper awesome item that made his/her whole day and could be better then yours. Boohoo.
    Wellfare epics CONFIRMED.

Welfare epics were confirmed when Molten Core went on farm. This is nothing new or worth talking about.

Raids open, WF/TF cap increased. /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Wellfare epics CONFIRMED.