Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    inb4 last fight of expansion ruins your weapon and you get to replace your 1000 ilvl weapon with a 850 green til new expansion comes along!
    Too late already said

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    at the end of the expansion the only way we can destroy the final boss is by sacreficing our weapons together with the pillars of creation. All will be destroyed and our weapons drained of power.

Early into the next expansion we go to argus and the army of light will infuse our weapons with a new type of power, changing the appearence and restarting a new tier of progression.

I expect something like that.
    "Peace is a lie"

The artifact talent system could end up being carried over to future expansions in some shape of form. It's an interesting and effective character progression model and I'd find it surprising if they didn't have any plans for it in the future.

I wonder how they will handle the characters giving away the artifact weapons themselves at the end of the expansion. I'd find it nice if it was the final stage of the whole class campaign, with a class-specific little storyline around it, just the way we got them in the first place.

For some artifacts, there are some possible logical conclusions. For example, assassination rogue - since Garona gave away the daggers because they're kinda making her evil and stuff, it would make sense for the player character to eventually get rid of them as well because they're starting to have a similar influence on them too.

The Lich King could demand the frost DK thingies to be returned because he will be needing them - he's inevitably coming back anyway.

The druid stuff is easy, it could always be some kind of typical druidic nature story thingy, something like "because of the terrible events in patch 7.x.x, the artifact must be placed at so-and-so, because only its power can save the lands from succumbing to corruption of the Nightmare".

I can't imagine paladins staying head honcho of the Silver Hand. The gig is probably gonna end up passed onto someone else and it would make sense to hand over the Ashbringer. It's like one of those classic Hollywood cop story endings: chief, I'm stepping down as comissioner. My place is out there, in the streets!

Thrall will want his toy back, because eventually he will find his balls again I guess, and return as the Warchief of the Horde.

Etc. etc.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-09-22 at 09:47 AM.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kalecgos (his name on MMO-C, not the npc ) suggested we might each have to sacrifice a weapon of great power to help power the portal to Argus for 8.0

I like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I am currently mogging over the artifact on my Draenei pally anyway. In my own head cannon, the Hammer of Atonement and Aldori Legacy Defender are long lost artifacts from Argus, recaptured from the Legion in subsequent raids. So I'll be using those for as long as Blizz allows transmog.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-09-22 at 09:55 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I kinda like the idea of sacrificing our weapon and iam sure 100 percent blizz will allow us to mog our skins otherwise we will march on blizz HQ and burn the fucking place down! but seriously blizz needs to give us a solid reason to get rid of our legendary weapons without it feeling like a huge cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    I kinda like the idea of sacrificing our weapon and iam sure 100 percent blizz will allow us to mog our skins otherwise we will march on blizz HQ and burn the fucking place down! but seriously blizz needs to give us a solid reason to get rid of our legendary weapons without it feeling like a huge cop out.
    The skins will be available after Legion but you have to unlock them during Legion like CM gear/weapons, at least I believe that's the current plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    It's a matter of tuning, they have said that they will keep relevant traits or weave them into specs if they feel it is good for the gameplay.
    I don't really care about the +5% damage on X or +3% crit on Y, they can scrap those. But the major traits and some "special" ones should be kept.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Lorewise it would make sense to keep these powerful weapons forever and not have a green quest reward top them at lv 111 or whatever.

But does that also make sense as game mechanic?
    Depends on how they handle it.

Like i said they need to replace this system with something even more awesome to justify it otherwise it will really feel like a huge let down IMO

Only thing i can imagine is literally weapons given to us by the gods aka Titans themselves like in that film clash of the titans.

And why not? its the only thing that would make any sense
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-09-22 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    If they do end up replacing them they better have a good reason. I'm not going to give up the Ashbringer to some degenerate half-breed.

I reckon the next step will be creating our own custom weapons, instead of relics we'll be looting different hilts and blades for our sword or whatever. And be able to transmog each piece individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    till cata you had a to choose which spec/styles you want to play. you only had few talents points but lot of talents to choose from across the specs. lot of hybrid play styles were available. there is a trade off ex: you can either do more AOE damage or more Single Target damage .

This artifact looks similar but inevitably you can level all the talents. so there is no trade off or no choice. and It is slow as hell.

Both are quite different I would say.
    Though noone good actually used different builds because well, for the majority of cases there weren't any. It was literally the same. Everyone picked the same thing because there's only ever one answer to that archaic shitty talent system.

Literally the ONLY good thing about that old trash system was that it made leveling more enjoyable. Not worth a shitty end game.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're a pain to level on alts, so I hope they're gone in the next expansion.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    The artifact per se is good, if blizzard wasn't so hard headed they could have made artifact knowledge account wide and avoided the alt problem.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    Will our artifact weapon be our ONLY weapon from here on out?

I see no reason to ever need to ditch the artifact weapon system now because lore wise there is no other weapon than can be made that can be topped in Azeroth.

Blizz can reskin our artifact weapons now until the last xpac hits and they certainly can keep adding artifact points and talents to it.

I see no reason to ever go back to getting nameless swords and staffs from now on.

Yeah we could go to argus next xpac but it still will be just nameless swords and staffs with little emotional attachment and i must say iam rather fond of my new artifact weapons i have grown quite attached and see no reason to ever have to stick them in my bank for a slightly better nameless green!
    My theory is towards the end of the xpack or the intro to the next we're going to be sacrificing the power from our Artifact's to defeat something, close a rift/portal or something along those lines.

I would like to see the system continue into the future though as it feels great to use

Deleted
    I already tired of using the same weapon, but the druids forms are amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kemonozume View Post
    I already tired of using the same weapon, but the druids forms are amazing.
    Did you swap your weapon a lot at level 100 in WoD? Cos I sure as hell didn't. Once every gear reset maybe. You can always transmog it. You did know that, right?

Deleted
    Catchup mechanic is pretty OP tbh. Do what I'm doing and level alts to 110 now and start your AP upgrades in your class hall

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    One thing about artifacts being obsolete in the next expansion is that for altoholics such as myself, there's absolutely no point in ever getting traits for all of them. I'm guessing 13 will be the limit for most.
    If you're researching your AK you'll probably be able to pick up 13 traits after a single world quest eventually.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Catchup mechanic is pretty OP tbh. Do what I'm doing and level alts to 110 now and start your AP upgrades in your class hall
    Yeah, I've started that on one alt. Now I have to juggle all this shit, and I'm gonna get garrison 'nam-style flashbacks soon.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    I think you don't understand the point of an expansion. All gains you make will be reset at the start of the next expansion.
    They will take what they like from the current systems, incorporate them into new systems or attach them to the baseline of the spec.
    This is pretty much why im not really bothering with the whole AP stuff and just playing all my characters, unless you are a hardcore raider imo its a waste of time.

Still can't believe the best looking version of weapons are behind PVP crap.

Deleted
    Yeah, I've started that on one alt. Now I have to juggle all this shit, and I'm gonna get garrison 'nam-style flashbacks soon.
    Ya I hear that. I'm not bothering with the mission table on certain alts as when I plan to play they I'll have like 1000%+ increase on Artifact Power and the tokens collected now will essentially be worthless. That and to avoid having it feel like a Garrison Alt minigame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In the next expansion we won't have artifact weapons anymore. I'm pretty sure Blizzard will make the artifact skill tree something attached to the character rather than the weapon in the next expansion - they can't take away that massive chunk of progression.
    Or they might enable upgrading the weapon with better artifact relics, but I've lost my faith in Blizzard making sensible or alt-friendly solutions.

Lore-wise it would make no sense to discard these weapons, at least certain ones. The other, made-up artifacts that were created just to get one for each spec are one thing, but what about weapons like The Ashbringer?

Speaking of solutions, I can understand us wielding a special weapon, but making our characters the leaders of our whole class isn't a good long-term idea. How do you improve from that when the only ones above a Paladin Highlord, for example, are basically just the faction leaders?
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2016-09-23 at 08:00 AM.