Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Indeed. As i've said here a few times, the vast majority of players couldnt give a shit about flying, they are neither pro-flyers or anti-flyers. They just care about having engaging content to occupy themselves with - and whether they fly there or ride a ground mount isnt a concern.

And, currently, common sentiment is the greater playerbase is very happy with Legion content. So, much to the dismay of pro-flying clowns here, status of flying is a non-priority and remote thought from peoples minds right now.

Itd be a fair point to say sentiment could change later during the expansion, if there's another content drought. Because thats when people get bored (like SoO and HFC) and jump on the bangwagon of the month to complain about something, and complaining about flying is a fashionable thing to do when people get bored in content droughts.

The irony here is, if Blizzard deliver on their promise for more frequent and more compelling content during Legion, the less people will care / think about / want flying in Legion.... to the point where the only place / audience pro-flyers have left - will have this thread - where they can circle jerk each other about how and why they've been wronged. (while everyone else enjoys the game - haha).

If pro flyers really want flying back in the game and sooner, and more of the greater playerbase to jump on board with that line of thought - you should be praying they deliver terrible content and have some content droughts.
    Why would people need/want flying when there's nothing to do? You usually want something when you can use it, and when it benefits you the most, aka when there's plenty of content = you have reason to travel a lot. Your and the other guy's argument is so wrong on many levels.
    Like "most people don't give a shit about flying". How do you know? Have you done a survey? Oh, no, let me guess, you asked your "frendz", right? Why was that fiasco with WoD flying, that forced Blizz implement flying despite they said flying was gone, forever? And why are topics like this active even after months? Because people don't care, riiiight. Even YOU care, because you post in these.
    And you can be happy with legion content regardless of flying. Why do you think everyone who wants flying is unhappy? You are just making things up that fit your non existent argument.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-22 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Flying probably isn't as big a thing to the general populace of WoW to warrant a survey. People here will tell you it is, but it really isn't.
    And you know that because you have asked everybody?
    Well.... you have no clue how much of a no clue you have about reality. Just stay in your own world.

If you want to be taken seriously, you should post something that is believable and ideally have some source to back it up. And actually there are very little sources to back anyone of both sides. But most hints to the opposing side of your fancy little theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Why would people need/want flying when there's nothing to do? You usually want something when you can use it, and when it benefits you the most, aka when there's plenty of content = you have reason to travel a lot. Your and the other guy's argument is so wrong on many levels.
    Like "most people don't give a shit about flying". How do you know? Have you done a survey? Oh, no, let me guess, you asked your "frendz", right? Why was that fiasco with WoD flying, that forced Blizz implement flying despite they said flying was gone, forever? And why are topics like this active even after months? Because people don't care, riiiight. Even YOU care, because you post in these.
    And you can be happy with legion content regardless of flying. Why do you think everyone who wants flying is unhappy? You are just making things up that fit your non existent argument.
    This is so true and so rich at the same time :-)
    Love when people make fun of clowns.... ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Because the same 10 people have kept these threads on the first page since late WoD beta?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I'm sorry. Is "you're trying to hard to be right so you're wrong" some sort of argument? Kinda funny all I have to do to become a fly baby like you is "imagine" how awesome flying is.
    Sigh...

I said that you might understand, not that you were wrong. And your response is exactly what I was talking about. I'm just sorry you don't see it and that we can't have a real discussion because of it.

All I'm really asking is that you step out of the box for a little bit and entertain the possibility that flight might not be the devil people like to assume it is, and consider how it might be used to make the game better. You don't have to agree, merely consider. But I'm not sure you're actually capable of that, at this point. Which is a shame.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-22 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Because the same 10 people have kept these threads on the first page since late WoD beta?
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...5632090?page=1

Yeah, sure, all the same names... I'm not talking only about mmo-champ, that would be silly.... "Since late WoD beta" I'm sorry I thought you were serious with your comment, nvm then.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. As i've said here a few times, the vast majority of players couldnt give a shit about flying
    Don't be so hasty, the average player may not throw toys or threaten to quit the game over flying but one thing the WoD debacle showed was that most players liked flying.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, sure, all the same names... I'm not talking only about mmo-champ, that would be silly.... "Since late WoD beta" I'm sorry I thought you were serious with your comment, nvm then.
    And on the official forums you have vote brigades +/- 100 whenever someone bothers to make a flight thread, while the other 99% of threads are about something else. So how's that any different from here but on another scale exactly?
    Instead of 10 you have 500-1000?

And look at the forums now, with an expansion that actually keeps players busy and has world content worth doing...

But hey, I actually found a thread about pathfinder on page 3

Maybe eventually the point comes across, that the only reason no-flight was such a gigantic shitstorm in WoD was the "sudden change", near total lack of things to do outside of raids, and completely atrocious communication from Blizzard. Talking about their design intents and why they want flight gone and then people ran out of world content in a week thanks to MoP feedback.

No one is surprised by no-flight in Legion. It's not sudden, or coupled with apathy one week after release.
    Flight is coming back at some point mid expansion. When exactly Pathfinder part 2 is released remains to be seen. Doesn't really matter, because in this thread Blizzard will be accused of lying regardless. When part 2 is released this thread will flare up a few moments on how Blizzard dares to require x and y, while everyone else keeps on enjoying Legion.

The momentum is gone.
    The factors that made no-flight such a controversy in WoD are no longer relevant,
    and only the die-hard pro-flyers remains to realize it.

This topic is dead and buried.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-09-22 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Imagine how much more bored you'd be if you had a flying mount and didn't have the relatively more interesting mechanics of the glider to contend with.

In fairness bombing runs and dodging the Kaliri in Terrokar during TBC were quite interesting until you got the trick of zig-zagging up and down to avoid all the danger. They also got really easy as soon as I got my epic flier and were quite boring by the time I'd hit exalted with Skyguard. Still, there's no reason they couldn't mix in a bombing run or race with the world quests using the vehicle system.
    How is a glider interesting? Point to the direction you want to go, jump off a cliff, use glider. You possibly have to steer a bit.

And bombing quest are an additional gameplay variant, so it's better to have some than to have none. It's also one of the few encounters in the game where you actually have to aim, in comparison to automatic aiming at targets in all combat situations which is highly predominant except some aoe skills who have to be placed on the ground or mouseover makros (which are not the standard approach to targeting, else you would not need to have makros).

One thing still remains - we are only able to move freely with personal flight. Without it, you only use exactly one way to get somewhere, maybe two or three, but that's it. You hop on a flight master, ride the shortest possible way to your target destination, finish the objectives, and either ride forwards to the next (if the way is free and it's a short distance), or use the whiste to repeat the next process, or even port back to dalaran and take the flightmaster into another area. You will never be able to see some other paths, because they are horribly inefficient or there are no ground paths at all. Flying opens up possiblities and opportunities, and how can this be bad?

At the moment, I don't feel that I am in a consistent, connected world. I am moving through patches of land connected by flight paths.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Can we just buy flying in the shop. I mean, that's all that matters right? Take the money. I Got a survey from blizzard today. Funny thing about it was it only asked about the things they were doing well, so I had to give them really high marks on the questions they asked. Problem is they never asked about things like flying or removing the Lfd. Well they did ask about the Lfd and Lfr but not in a direct way. I really dislike not being able to fly.
    Flying is a very big issue and they are trying to ignore it, but it will fester like a gushing wound. Haven't even hit the 30 day mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Flying is a very big issue and they are trying to ignore it, but it will fester like a gushing wound. Haven't even hit the 30 day mark.
    Rofl haha you are the biggest joke on this forum since Jaylock game doesnt need flying hope it never returns as you dont return then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Here is the EU forums too on the topic of flying.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...3481334?page=1
    http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...3384877?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Not sure if you realize, but if that's the best you got when it comes to showing how much of a "hot topic" Legion no-flight is currently, I'm sorry to say you've lost your grip.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, it means that most of what you need to get flying is in the launch stuff with much less to come later on. One or two additional requirements is pretty much exactly as it would have been in Warlords had they been able to agree among themselves to have something like Pathfinder in from the start. There was a bunch of requirements from launch stuff and then there was Tanaan Diplomat. What is being said is that Legion will be much the same: front-loaded and less to do later on from the new areas of the Broken Isles that will be in patch content.
    Oh really?

Very well. Tell me WHEN the last part of the achieve will arrive. You don´t need to give me an exact date. Say in which patch number Patch finder will be completable.

Also, since you (somehow) don´t think that statement is vague, tell me what else people will have to do. You don´t need to say exactly what, either: Just say how many reps, or dungeos, or treasures, or whatever.

I am sure you will give me the answer promptly; after all, the blizz statement where you can find this info is totally not vague, right?

Lets unpack some things so we can make sense of all this shenanigans that Blizzard is pushing. The first part of WoD patfhfinder required exploring and finish the storylines of the zones and finding the treasures right? The second part (which was more time consuming) was the three reps in Tanaan.

So how is Legion patchfinder following WoD's model when:

You are doing more for the first part and part two will probably be as many or more rep grinds and more raiding as a requirement.
    Part one alone is more time consuming the entirety of WoD's pathfinder.
    There is no evidence that Legion's patchfinder is front loaded.

WoD's pathfinder was NOT front loaded as the most time consuming part was the three reps aka part 2 of WoD's pathfinder. Thus, Legion's part 2 (or even part 3) will be more time consuming than part 1.

If part 1 proves to be more time consuming than part 2 I will be impressed. But based on what we know and how WoD's part 1 and par 2 of pathfinder was presented that isn't likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    And you know that because you have asked everybody?
    Well.... you have no clue how much of a no clue you have about reality. Just stay in your own world.

If you want to be taken seriously, you should post something that is believable and ideally have some source to back it up. And actually there are very little sources to back anyone of both sides. But most hints to the opposing side of your fancy little theory.
    I'm going to quote the three lines in this one post that are just hilarious. Everyone get ready to be blown away by pro flight cognitive bias bull shit.

you have no clue how much of a no clue you have about reality.
    actually there are very little sources to back anyone of both sides.
    But most hints to the opposing side of your fancy little theory.
    All in one post, you say i have no clue, then you say nobody has any clue, then you say pro flight has more clues than everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Except you changed it a bit...

The original (unedited) quote specifically said not gold. And it didn't say anything about "something more straightforward".
    Do you get bored part way through reading a post or something? My earlier post featured two quotes, one pre-dates your links,

"Maybe it's gold, maybe it's some kind of epic quest, maybe something more straightforward, but we're staying open to changing that post-release if it seems like it's working out really well and we want to keep rolling with it."
    the other one is from your link,

"We don't have specifics just yet, it'll be something more involved than just paying gold; something that further emphasizes how powerful flight is. Unlocking it won't just be level 100 on the day 6.1 6.2 comes out with some gold, but something you'll be working toward over the course of the initial expansion release, and 6.1 6.2 will introduce the final steps to complete it."
    You'll notice the only thing I changed was striking out 6.1 and replacing it with 6.2.

The crazy thing is my later post once again quoted your link exactly,

"Unlocking it won't just be level 100 on the day 6.1 comes out with some gold, but something you'll be working toward over the course of the initial expansion release, and 6.1 will introduce the final steps to complete it. Think of something like a mini Legendary cloak quest."
    but you also gave up reading that one after the first two lines. No wonder you have problems knowing what Blizz are talking about if you start reading posts and make the rest up.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    How is a glider interesting? Point to the direction you want to go, jump off a cliff, use glider. You possibly have to steer a bit.
    If you read the post I was replying to SirCowdog was talking about how tedious he finds world quests. At least with a glider you have to find a vantage point/monitor cooldowns and then contend with constant forward and downward velocities (plus the 2 minute limit which does come in to play if you jump off the top of Highmountain.) It might not be the most amazing gameplay, but it requires more thought and planning than flight in previous expansions which allows you to take off and land wherever you want whenever you want.

And bombing quest are an additional gameplay variant, so it's better to have some than to have none. It's also one of the few encounters in the game where you actually have to aim, in comparison to automatic aiming at targets in all combat situations which is highly predominant except some aoe skills who have to be placed on the ground or mouseover makros (which are not the standard approach to targeting, else you would not need to have makros).
    I quite like the occasional bombing run but I'd strongly dislike them becoming a staple of WoW's combat. If they were thrown into the mix of world quests and cropped up occasionally it would make a nice change, though I think you're overstating how much skill the aiming requires, you pretty much just spam massive splash damage at clustered groups of enemies.

One thing still remains - we are only able to move freely with personal flight. Without it, you only use exactly one way to get somewhere, maybe two or three, but that's it. You hop on a flight master, ride the shortest possible way to your target destination, finish the objectives, and either ride forwards to the next (if the way is free and it's a short distance), or use the whiste to repeat the next process, or even port back to dalaran and take the flightmaster into another area. You will never be able to see some other paths, because they are horribly inefficient or there are no ground paths at all. Flying opens up possiblities and opportunities, and how can this be bad?

At the moment, I don't feel that I am in a consistent, connected world. I am moving through patches of land connected by flight paths.
    I'm personally not a fan of excessive uses of teleports and would have preferred the flight-masters whistle to actually pick you up and move you through the world instead of simply fading out, at least they haven't fully replaced the taxi system with teleports like some people have suggested.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with "you only use exactly one way to get somewhere" with a ground mount. Surely that depends on where you start from, and what the quickest route is. Doesn't the same apply to a flying mount, only the flying mounts remove the need for any sort of exploring or pathfinding as you simply travel in a straight line.

Also SirCowdog has already described how he likes to find alternate routes, instead of going the quickest way by ground he likes to find a high vantage point and glide in.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

The flight whistle is a teleport and along with hearth you are moving into patches of disconnected pieces of a tiny Broken Isles. This was the same problem with WoD where players felt disconnected from the world with ground and pound gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. As i've said here a few times, the vast majority of players couldnt give a shit about flying, they are neither pro-flyers or anti-flyers. They just care about having engaging content to occupy themselves with - and whether they fly there or ride a ground mount isnt a concern.
    wow you telepathically KNOW what millions of people want? Why are you on a game forum? You could turn that power into lots of money!

Here's the thing... if people really DONT care then why not err on the side of giving the players back a feature that they had for most of WoW before WoD? After all, most people don't care which means your side is ALSO a tiny, vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    wow you telepathically KNOW what millions of people want? Why are you on a game forum? You could turn that power into lots of money!

Here's the thing... if people really DONT care then why not err on the side of giving the players back a feature that they had for most of WoW before WoD? After all, most people don't care which means your side is ALSO a tiny, vocal minority.
    Because flying isn't on the table in terms of the new world design. It doesn't make sense to have flying just to be safe in your hypothetical instance if most people don't care. Since most people really don't care about the state of flying, Blizzard has an opportunity to design the way they want. You might not like it, but the "uproar" isn't anywhere close to loud enough to change that going forward it would seem.

Lets presume pro flyers are a minority.

If a minority can push Blizzard to back down on their no flying forever stance it means that pro flyers have the better arguments, ideas and general welfare and well being of the game in mind. This also implies if you are an anti flyer it means you are happy to see players leave the game and for Blizzard to cut corners or increase time gating (aka Legion) while punishing customers that want to play a game and not be gated by facebook apps.

Lets not make such presumptions because often they lead to unwanted attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sigh...

I said that you might understand, not that you were wrong. And your response is exactly what I was talking about. I'm just sorry you don't see it and that we can't have a real discussion because of it.

All I'm really asking is that you step out of the box for a little bit and entertain the possibility that flight might not be the devil people like to assume it is, and consider how it might be used to make the game better. You don't have to agree, merely consider. But I'm not sure you're actually capable of that, at this point. Which is a shame.
    The prepatch Legion events showed how the game was better with flying and how it was an integral part of the social experience of the pre patch Legion events.

Flying is what binds zones and makes you feel connected in a MMO.