Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not bad, not great.

Mage casting polies on the go is dumb.
    Mage being able to have a blink not break a cast is dumb.
    Warriors do too much damage honestly.
    DHs do WAY too much damage.
    Every healer that isn't a shaman is basically subpar.
    I miss shield barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    How good you are is irrelevant. Its a pyramidal based ladder system. If the 85% of people at the bottom of the ladder leave... guess what? The ladder is now smaller, and 85% of the remaining 15% will see their ratings fall to the bottom of the ladder. Because that is how it works. its MATH. Or do you not realize you can only be a 2200 player if there are hundreds of 1500 players at the bottom?
    Good point.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Its not casual mindset, its playing a core mechanic in RPG game. Yes its anti-balance, anti-esport , anti-whatever, buy you cannot blame them for wanting "gearing" in RPG.
    Its not about 1% stat difference, its about fact that gearing in pvp doesnt exists anymore and gear for pvp doesnt work in pvp, so pvp is pointless for many players, bcs actual "gearing process" doesnt happen.
    Was the gearing process really fun when it took 2 days?

- - - Updated - - -

Since rated PvPers make up about 8% of the players who PvP at endgame.... what exactly is the issue with a casual mindset. They VASTLY outnumber hardcores.

Not gear, per se, but meaningful progression in a progression-based MMORPG.

No, lack of meaningful progression is an outrage.

How good you are is irrelevant. Its a pyramidal based ladder system. If the 85% of people at the bottom of the ladder leave... guess what? The ladder is now smaller, and 85% of the remaining 15% will see their ratings fall to the bottom of the ladder. Because that is how it works. its MATH. Or do you not realize you can only be a 2200 player if there are hundreds of 1500 players at the bottom?

This is so deluded it's not even worth responding to.

- - - Updated - - -

ding ding ding.
    But the ladder is still going to be as active.

The majority of the people who care about gear so much are people that just spam BGs all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    ut the ladder is still going to be as active.
    No, it wont Lich King already taught us that. If you look at the achievements and Armory datamining for the WoD seasons, the ladder was FULL of people who never even attempted to push rating, and were doing it purely for the points to buy CQ gear. Without those people, you suffer ladder collapse. That's how it works. Again.. MATH.

It already happened once in LK when gear was gated behind rating. THe ladder imploded, participation in the ladder by the 'casuals' you deride, who are the ones that actually prop the entire system up and make it functional plummeted, and it was a grade-A shit-show.

It's going to happen again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it wont Lich King already taught us that. If you look at the achievements and Armory datamining for the WoD seasons, the ladder was FULL of people who never even attempted to push rating, and were doing it purely for the points to buy CQ gear. Without those people, you suffer ladder collapse. That's how it works. Again.. MATH.

It already happened once in LK when gear was gated behind rating. THe ladder imploded, participation in the ladder by the 'casuals' you deride, who are the ones that actually prop the entire system up and make it functional plummeted, and it was a grade-A shit-show.

So, first day of season on EU:

Played a lot of games. All games lasted 5+ minutes except 1.

Never ran into any comp I thought was stupid. Nothing stood out as being OP out of anything we faced.

Many glad-exp'd people saying that it's probably the best season they've ever played. And it's day 1 before a bunch of hotfixes.

So what have we seen? Blizzard finally stopped caving in to casuals and gave us good rated PvP. Don't say this happened with WoD. WoD day 1 rated PvP was shit.

Good job Blizzard. Good job.

The recent balance changes are greatly appreciated.

Some things still need to happen:

- Honor talent balancing: Some specs have major balance issues in their talents where one talent is super bad and another is mandatory.

- Template adjustments: I feel like Arms is overtuned across the board in pvp and i've seen enhancer oneshots. WW Monk gets big nerfs in 7.1 via honor talent nerfs.

- Overpowered honor talents: Again arms with Spell reflect cooldown being far too low and Echo slam dealing too much damage. Mana break from Havoc is also ridiculous.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    PvP prestige system is pretty much failure for me personally, is just grind of honor...it was always like that but now theres competition who will grind more.
    I like my spec: Survival Hunter, i really like, killing someone is rewarding, but this spec i think is under some radar, because its quite complex and fun when for example other two hunter specs are just mongloid.
    DHs do too much damage, dying in one stun is not fun, never was, its mechanic, you can't counter (with trink on cd).
    Bgs out of wsg, tp and ab are pointless, because 90% of playerbase don't understand how they works (points etc.) theres no ingame explanation (i've played 4k bgs only on my main...). Maybe after 10 years its time for some solid guide ingame....

Blizzard giving the biggest nerf to assassination rogue just shows they have no idea how to balance pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Was the gearing process really fun when it took 2 days?
    2 days for you, long gearing process for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    First night of RBG: only 6-7 pugs on the LfG massive struggle to replace our native warlock had to settle for an SP played 7 games won 7 games then people had to go. Overall impression was that we met entirely random people that were there for 1 win no coms no nothing. Our heavily melee focused cleave just hit everything like a train and generally we felt there was no competition.

At the same time looking at my btags I saw at least 4 people who are multiglads and or HOTA to be playing emerald nightmare with pugs. When I asked why they said "because gear".

Obviously, drops from raid will be faster and more and more secure than the grind to 1900-2K will be by RBG alone.

Problem is a lot of nice people left the BG scene probably sick of imbalances lack of proper gear lack of new maps lack of new titles etc.
    QFT. Lock friend going pve too since pvp is crap and not worth of time (retarded balance + no gearing in gear based game).
    Ele shaman what i played with in TBC arenas returned after like 8 years and got sick of it faster then i level up 110...

Why are you always brining up woltk as an example of how not to do it? WoD is universally thought of as total garbage on the pvp front, most people really liked woltk (and still do, see AT realm (now blackrock)). Wotlk is a good example of how to do it in terms of gear (bar the pve gear everywhere).

The idea that its a good thing to have people who play a ton as a chore to get some gear is deeply flawed. Not to mention that it really isnt true, what people care about are 3s, no one capped in 3s. All the people that just capped for gear where in the 2s bracket.

The fact right now is that gear difference of 10-40 ilvl doesnt really matter all that much, so as such the rating requriement for 3s player isnt important in 3s for performance, its just additional rewards. No one played 3s for anything bar the mount or to push rating, the first will still play and for the others its just an improvement.

Previously there was almost 0 difference between 1300 and 2500 in terms of rewards, the 2500 player got a somewhat fancy title but only glads and r1 really got anything worthwhile. Now if im 1760 its really worth pushing that little bit to 2k or so, just to get better gear (yes it doesnt matter in pvp, but everywhere else it does, and even super hardcore pvpers do WQs and old raids and other stuff). So getting higher rating actually matters for non glad players for the first time since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Massive truth. Biggest nerf (no CC and exsanguination ruined) and at the same time the most awesomely flexible artifact where you can jump around the tree at any trait and getting 3 golds is superficial in effort.

Alas how exactly can you play rogue in pvp without gouge and blind at the same time is beyond any logic and gear doesn't fix it.
    Yeah I feel sorry for people who spent all ap in assassination, they where all about damage anyways and then they nerf the agility with 40 % I think 10% baseline for rogue and 30% for assassination out of the blue, I checked the forums and the outrage is massive lol.

Blizzard is hoping since it is RNG and ratings influence the rolls that players will not notice this stratification of gear. But players will start to piece together that there are gear walls with ratings and the ladder collapses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Why are you always brining up woltk as an example of how not to do it? WoD is universally thought of as total garbage on the pvp front, most people really liked woltk (and still do, see AT realm (now blackrock)). Wotlk is a good example of how to do it in terms of gear (bar the pve gear everywhere).
    WotLk PVP seasons 1 and 2 were hot garbage. PVE dragonslayer confirmed if you have to ask why people talk down on WotLK PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Blizzard giving the biggest nerf to assassination rogue just shows they have no idea how to balance pvp.
    We told them that Assassination needs more CC, and that once damage was nerfed it would have nothing. We were proven right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    WotLk PVP seasons 1 and 2 were hot garbage. PVE dragonslayer confirmed if you have to ask why people talk down on WotLK PVP.
    On the plus side, Wrath PvP had Wintergrasp to save it. It's a shame neither Tol Barad nor Ashran could repeat that fun.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

But the later 2, with the same system werent, so whats your point?

Edit: After reading this forum for a bit, most usefull link ever:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/profile....gnore&u=676162
    Last edited by Crruor; 2016-09-22 at 01:20 PM.

IKR? Assa shines in 1 thing, tunnel visioning damage into a target, take its damage away and... Really don't see why they hit the spec, that IMO was already the weakest of the Rogue specs, the hardest.

Yeah I feel sorry for people who spent all ap in assassination, they where all about damage anyways and then they nerf the agility with 40 % I think 10% baseline for rogue and 30% for assassination out of the blue, I checked the forums and the outrage is massive lol.
    Yeah, I'm guessing most people are about done with Suramar by now, which is a huge income for AP. Even with higher AK, now you're stuck with the WQ/Dungeon/PvP AP rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    But the later 2, with the same system werent, so whats your point?

Edit: After reading this forum for a bit, most usefull link ever:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/profile....gnore&u=676162
    They changed the gearing system in season 3 and 4 because it flopped in season 1 and 2 in WotLK and they changed it again at the start of Cata. You don't know what you are talking about.

It's funny to see how rogues complain about 10-30% nerf of agility. Why didn't them complain when all warlocks suffered from int nerf which resulted in non existant aff damage? It's pretty stupid that they nerfed assasination agility the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's shit. WW monks are getting gutted yet again next patch with the removal of FoF stun. Yay Blizzard, I'll be quitting your SHIT game if that change goes through. I'm actually done with their constant promises of not overnerfing classes because of the artifact weapons, yet they do the complete opposite with these PvP changes. I feel like a fucking retard for yet again thinking Blizzard was going to stick to their words.

It frustrates me the most that they do this shit AGAIN before any meaningful feedback from rated PvP. I'm actually livid right now because of how damn incompetent they are with timing their balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    my DH can kill anything within range in about 2/3 seconds, including healers. if its ranged maybe around 4 seconds. it was hilarious the first couple of times but now it's stupid. i miss outplaying / being outplayed in pvp. Healer couldnt outheal my 1v1 damage, hell he couldnt even come close to staying alive.. pvp is incredibly bad at the moment, also casters.. poor poor casters..
    What hacks are you using? In 2 seconds? That's one skill + one auto attack.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english