Deleted

The melee recruits in a guild

Ok so i am a WW monk and recently i moved from my guild cause unfair ilvl spots.
    The problem now is that seems imposible to find a guild as a melee dps cause all them actually have DH dps full almost every guild and everyone need a warlock or a sp i make this post cause i feel triggered with this last week was a nightmare.

Deleted
    Chill a little. Go raid via premade groups until you find another guild. There is simply no need in rushing through the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, deal with the fact there there is an overabundance of melee dps. This isn't new, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Chill a little. Go raid via premade groups until you find another guild. There is simply no need in rushing through the content.
    I dont want to rush but i want to find a home you know where you chill with people everyday and raid its supposed to is just every guild i spoke in my server they dont need a melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thorant View Post
    I dont want to rush but i want to find a home you know where you chill with people everyday and raid its supposed to is just every guild i spoke in my server they dont need a melee.
    Same problem here, although I'm not a DD but a tank. Start talking to more social-focused guilds instead of progress guilds. The latter have filled up their roster ever since the Legion Pre-Patch has come out, so the market for raid spots is generally over-saturated at the moment (except for healers as it seems).

I hate to also be triggered like the OP, but this was also quite unreasonable even on opening night of raids. I've been maining my DK since DK's could be played, and it was indeed a nightmare. Resorting to play a healer just to raid now is kind of shit.

Group Finder utility consisted of this for the 3 hours I was hunting a group on Tuesday (and most of yesterday when I was hunting also):
    "LF HEALER"
    "LF rDPS"
    "LF ARMS WARRIOR"

Now, there was a minimal demand for tanks, but outside of the arms warrior, nothing.
    Side trigger:
    Opening night, seeing "MUST KNOW FIGHTS" and "850+ only speed run" is also ruining my vibe. Listen, I know a majority of us know about this site and how to watch youtube videos to learn bosses before release, but the chill factor is missing completely. It's flex for christ sake. 99% of groups I followed (streams, friends) 1 shot flex/normal bosses, even ignoring most mechanics. But, I digress, this is another issue altogether.

Back on point. Was trying guild recruit thread, found my post on page 10 before 1 hour, obviously no replies. Rules state we cannot intentionally bump threads. Also a bit triggered.

Deleted
    Same problem here, although I'm not a DD but a tank. Start talking to more social-focused guilds instead of progress guilds. The latter have filled up their roster ever since the Legion Pre-Patch has come out, so the market for raid spots is generally over-saturated at the moment (except for healers as it seems).
    the thing is i want to progress but the game now seems to focus on melees as it was with DKs back in the days plus they are people out there who dont try to progress i dont like that either.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    I hate to also be triggered like the OP, but this was also quite unreasonable even on opening night of raids. I've been maining my DK since DK's could be played, and it was indeed a nightmare. Resorting to play a healer just to raid now is kind of shit.

Group Finder utility consisted of this for the 3 hours I was hunting a group on Tuesday (and most of yesterday when I was hunting also):
    "LF HEALER"
    "LF rDPS"
    "LF ARMS WARRIOR"

Now, there was a minimal demand for tanks, but outside of the arms warrior, nothing.
    Side trigger:
    Opening night, seeing "MUST KNOW FIGHTS" and "850+ only speed run" is also ruining my vibe. Listen, I know a majority of us know about this site and how to watch youtube videos to learn bosses before release, but the chill factor is missing completely. It's flex for christ sake. 99% of groups I followed (streams, friends) 1 shot flex/normal bosses, even ignoring most mechanics. But, I digress, this is another issue altogether.

Back on point. Was trying guild recruit thread, found my post on page 10 before 1 hour, obviously no replies. Rules state we cannot intentionally bump threads. Also a bit triggered.
    So go start your own chill raiding group, don't get triggered because other people take raiding more seriously than you do. They want a no nonsense atmosphere and that is their right to create the groups that they want. If you want chill go make chill, don't get triggered that other people play differently than you do. You may enjoy chill but they enjoy efficiency and success. Don't like it? Don't join it.

Everyone else is not required to contort to your needs.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-09-22 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Meele are currently very OP, therefore everyone and their mum is rolling the FOTM. Sucks for raidsspots. Roll a Healer, they are always in high demand, raid spot guaranteed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thorant View Post
    the thing is i want to progress but the game now seems to focus on melees as it was with DKs back in the days plus they are people out there who dont try to progress i dont like that either.
    If you are really here to progress, you should adapt to the needs of current raid situation. Therefor: Roll healer.

Deleted
    In my guild we don't have thet problem, in fact, we are searching a couple of melee DPS cause whe have a lot of hunters, mages and warlocks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So go start your own chill raiding group, don't get triggered because other people take raiding more seriously than you do. They want a no nonsense atmosphere and that is their right to create the groups that they want. If you want chill go make chill, don't get triggered that other people play differently than you do. You may enjoy chill but they enjoy efficiency and success. Don't like it? Don't join it.

Everyone else is not required to contort to your needs.

Was there some part of my post where I said I didn't take raiding seriously?
    I've been in top 100 guilds my entire raiding career, and the past couple years, top 35.
    Not that I should need to defend anything, but I'm allowed to want a chill dungeon finder group, and also a serious guild.

Maybe I didn't type enough detail for you; but it was also not you staying on topic: melee

Something tells me the first few weeks in an expansion isn't the best time to be picky about the guild you get into, unless you choose a role that's needed everywhere. As you so aptly have illustrated, everybody and their grandmother plays melee atm (and there seems to be a fair amount of tanks around as well) and so your chances to even get to show your worth sinks drastically. Seems to be me if you're a particularly good player you should do your guild hunting at the tail end of the expansion prior so you are settled in a group when raid start rolls around. Goes for all really but most people aren't -that- picky (or haven't got cause to be, rather)

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post

"LF HEALER"
    "LF rDPS"
    "LF ARMS WARRIOR"

Side trigger:

Use openraid. Even with the appearance of the Premade Group Finder (and subsequent decrease of people using OR), my experience is that there's still a lot of group that kill bosses in a timed manner and with a chill atmosphere, and a lot of those seem to create cores of people that are there every week.