Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm primarily Destro (<1K AP from 19 points now), but I've been pumping in some AP into my Affli (approaching gold trait number 2 now). Once I have that second gold trait in Affli, I'll bow to the inevitible and start pumping AP into Demo.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I haven't found that to be the case. My cat is still missing a blood and my resto has a shit frost.
    When a WQ pops up and rewards a relic, change your loot spec. This should update the WQ rexard to fit the spec you're missing a relic for

I use all 3, though 2 of them see the vast majority of use, yes.

No alts right now.

Deleted
    I do, yes. I use my Disc spec for almost everything, but occasionally play Shadow if I play with another Healer.
    Which is why I try to keep both artifacts somewhat up to date.

I do use all 4 of my specs. I main Balance in raids, mainoffspec Resto for mythic dungeons and such, use Feral in solo PvP and Bear while world questing. Balance is hogging pretty much all of my AP though, but they all have at least one golden trait, Resto two.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    When a WQ pops up and rewards a relic, change your loot spec. This should update the WQ rexard to fit the spec you're missing a relic for
    Pretty sure that is not true, I've been set on Balance loot spec since day 1 so my Legendary doesn't roll anything else, and I'm getting more Blood and Fire relics than Life and Arcane by miles.

Nice, i'll give that a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I played a Ret/Prot Paladin through WoD. I decided to main spec Holy for Legion and I still haven't acquired the Ret/Prot artifacts nor do I intend too anytime soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Ever since I got my artifact weapon, I've stopped using any of my other specs entirely on both of my 110 characters.

Even though artifact power costs are relatively cheap at the lower levels, I still feel as though I'm hindering my main spec by using any power on my off-spec weapon. On my Hunter I just finally got my 2nd gold tier trait as MM and on my Arcane Mage I have it unlocked and I have 12k power to grind before I can afford it. Because of this, I can't bring myself to spend even 10-20 artifact power on my offspec weapon. And without any points spent on my offspec weapon, my dps is nowhere near viable.

Has anybody else completely quit using their offspecs because of Artifact weapons?
    Originally I thought I would think similarly to you, but actually doing the math: As Havoc, I can choose between 3% more dmg on glaive toss, or get 9 talents increased on Vengeance. When it costs 15,000 + ap per trait, spending 300 ap is trivial. Think about those tokens that grant 500 or 600 ap from a wq or daily heroic. You can get your offspec all the way to first gold trait before you get into the first major increase in cost.

I have my offspec all the way until the next trait jumps from 1k to 6.8k. Every trait up until that big jump don't even give me a single point in main spec because my main spec is up to spending over 10k per trait now.

This is the catch up mechanic at work.

If you have say, 15 traits on main spec, you can either go to a 16th trait, or catch up your offspec 10 traits.

That being said, sure, go for that 16th trait on MS so that you can do 0.0001% more dps than before, with 1 of your abilities doing 2% more dmg.

Personal choice, there are merits on both sides.

Yeah, priest here. Disc is main specc with 20 traits and shadow as os with 17/18. Could be a bit further on main specc but I slacked hard at the expansion launch since I leveled from 80 to 100 at first day.

Deleted
    Yep, of course, I am a druid, tank with dungeons, heal with raids, dps for world quests/grinding.

not on my rogue but on my pally iam ret/prot equally as well as on my priest with shadow/holy

2 gold traits on prot and 1 on holy. ty god i made that, now my guild has another tank so im healing now. im putting some holy traits right now. but i will keep up prot too . not that hard with the AK.

edit: almost forgot, i out healed every healer in the 6/7 EN Normal we made last night. im 843 with the holy artifact and just that golden trait. wearing 825 and 830 trinkets from wq.
    Use your other specs if you like them, delayin a trait in you main artifact is worth it for a couple of traits on the offspec. At least 30% (+10%from relic) of critic on my holy shock really makes a difference.
    Last edited by shonist; 2016-09-22 at 02:57 PM.

WQ ignore loot spec. Changing loot spec will do nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    You should never be using DPS offspecs.
    Healer/tank are fine with 13 points all the way until the end of this expac.
    This is what I miss the most. I've typically played a Hybrid class as DPS (ret, enhance, shadow) but when I did play a pure DPS class it was because if I got bored with one spec, there were 2 others I could switch to in order to freshen things up and still perform the same role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I used frost all the way from Siege to the end of HFC. Haven't touched it since then, nor have I touched Arcane.
    I made the, I guess you could call it "mistake", of dumping all of my points into Arcane since I love the spec.
    But now I'm finding it hard to compete with others at the same gear level because Arcane is so far behind, and it's far too late for me to switch to Fire.

Without any points or relics in my Fire artifact I'm about 60k dps behind Arcane, which from world of logs seems to be one of the lowest DPS in the game. Granted, it's still more competitive than Frost DK and non Surrender to Madness Shadow Priest.

Use all 3 of mine. Druid.