Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Sadly pure DPS class doesn't mean anything anymore. They just aim to balance ANY DPS spec in the game now, there's no longer a crutch for hybrid classes and there hasn't been in a long time.
    "pure" DPS classes have always had an advantage and most likely always will, just like hybrids always have a disadvantage due to the "lottery ticket" factor.

What this basically means, is that any spec will have a set job to do be it DPS/tank/heal, and depending on where that spec falls on the balancing lottery it will either be average, above average or below average at that job. This is where "pure" classes like mage/warlock/hunter have their advantage, because they get three tickets for the DPS balancing lottery, three chances to be above average whereas classes like Paladins and Priests only get one and some like Warriors/Druids get two.

This is essentially why DK's were so OP as a class in WotLK, because they got a total of six tickets.

Deleted
    My poor pally ... . Damn Blizz .. damn you !! .. I love to play it , but he got no love from Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post

Really dumb on Blizzard's end to "hide" a bunch of mechanics / triggers / procs / scripts in the background that can't be tracked.
    Really smart you mean. The top 1% of player only has 1 stance, and oddly it's the Ricky Bobby stance, "If you are not first, you are last" No doubt that there are some specs that need a boost(even big boost). Blizzard has never denied it. But it is getting old to hear people who don't even run Mythics spewing out nonsense that there is only 1 correct spec and everything else is trash.

And then there are people who quote SimC like it's the only truth in the world, regardless if it's 100% accurate or not. So Blizzard needs to do something to mix things up and break up the First, else last statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    lol @ warlocks.
    what shithead at blizzard is responsible for this failure of a pure dps class.
    That's how hunters felt for many expansions.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    "pure" DPS classes have always had an advantage and most likely always will, just like hybrids always have a disadvantage due to the "lottery ticket" factor.

What this basically means, is that any spec will have a set job to do be it DPS/tank/heal, and depending on where that spec falls on the balancing lottery it will either be average, above average or below average at that job. This is where "pure" classes like mage/warlock/hunter have their advantage, because they get three tickets for the DPS balancing lottery, three chances to be above average whereas classes like Paladins and Priests only get one and some like Warriors/Druids get two.

This is essentially why DK's were so OP as a class in WotLK, because they got a total of six tickets.
    Your post makes zero sense. DKs are a hybrid with only 2 DPS specs. They were OP in beta due to bugs. Not so much after launch. Blizz also sucked worse at balance back then.

Ps. It's 2016 - there's no such thing as pure or hybrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Ps. It's 2016 - there's no such thing as pure or hybrid.
    Yea, in 2016, mages can heal, rogues can tank and druids cannot perform all roles...

I wouldn't read into Heroic/Normal parsing much. From Beta testing I saw Shadow Priest/Outlaw Rogue/Fire Mage/Unholy DK/Havoc DH and Arms Warrior being top dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    so... warlocks arent as terrible as everyone says?
    or am i reading this wrong?
    Well, do you consider all three specs being at the bottom half of the list as good?

Notice how there is a spec for every pure dps class that is above the first half except warlock...
    Last edited by xpose; 2016-09-22 at 12:20 PM.

From all the complaints of warlocks lately I would have expected them to be in the bottom five, heh. I also expected boomkins to be doing a little better, I feel pretty powerful playing mine currently but I guess I just haven't been grouped with the right people. Havoc and MM are no surprise though. I really hope they balance for the mid range rather than trying to nerf the top to the mid or the bottom to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    From all the complaints of warlocks lately I would have expected them to be in the bottom five, heh. I also expected boomkins to be doing a little better, I feel pretty powerful playing mine currently but I guess I just haven't been grouped with the right people. Havoc and MM are no surprise though. I really hope they balance for the mid range rather than trying to nerf the top to the mid or the bottom to the top.
    Balance cleave is pretty garbage and notice the top specs all run pretty balanced single target and cleave damage without changing much. To effective cleave on balance you have to give up some nice ST benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Balance cleave is pretty garbage and notice the top specs all run pretty balanced single target and cleave damage without changing much
    Is that what it comes down to? I was thinking EN was going to be more single target focused... If that's the case then I'm not surprised with the results. I haven't gotten to see the raid yet because we had to cancel the first night due to ridiculous queues and DDOS kicking us from the queue every 5 minutes but I guess I'll find out tonight.... so long as everyone is able to get online.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    OH LOOK 7/10 top classes are melee. Woooowww. Wheres the whole "don't worry about sims and dungeons, range dominate raids" crew now. LOL
    but you can play better as a range even if doing less damage,

Deleted

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Definitively one of the best posts on mmo-champion I've seen since 04.

We are all for balance, but when a druid with 4 speccs has way better dps speccs than all 3 warlocks specc you know something is very wrong at Blizzard.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

We are all for balance, but when a druid with 4 speccs has way better dps speccs than all 3 warlocks specc you know something is very wrong at Blizzard.
    I understand the point that pure classes should be better than hybrid, and traditionally I'm all for that. However, with the advent of AP and the grind to get enough I don't feel like that holds true anymore. Can you get by without have the right weapon talents or not enough invested, sure, but you won't be nearly as optimized as someone who hasn't.

Take Prot Warriors, since I"m leveling one now and can speak for that. Would you take a Prot Warrior who hasn't at least unlocked Dragon Scales? I'm sure you can find similar comparisons to DPS classes as well. So the point is, the hybrd of hybrid classes are falling behind... I can't be a top end Bear Druid and a top end Resto Druid at the same time anymore.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I understand the point that pure classes should be better than hybrid, and traditionally I'm all for that. However, with the advent of AP and the grind to get enough I don't feel like that holds true anymore. Can you get by without have the right weapon talents or not enough invested, sure, but you won't be nearly as optimized as someone who hasn't.

Take Prot Warriors, since I"m leveling one now and can speak for that. Would you take a Prot Warrior who hasn't at least unlocked Dragon Scales? I'm sure you can find similar comparisons to DPS classes as well. So the point is, the hybrd of hybrid classes are falling behind... I can't be a top end Bear Druid and a top end Resto Druid at the same time anymore.
    That is definitively a point that needs to be considered aswell.

I am at level 20 and have banked about 50K AP now because I have no idea what blizzard is going to do.

In some areas they screwed up big time with LEGION without even realizing it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    TYVM

Your post makes zero sense.
    I cannot explain it any simpler than that sorry.

DKs are a hybrid with only 2 DPS specs. They were OP in beta due to bugs. Not so much after launch. Blizz also sucked worse at balance back then.
    You're memory is failing you, back in WotLK DK's had 3 DPS specs and 3 Tanking specs, hence why they were so powerful/popular in WotLK due to the advantage this gave for reasons explained in the post you quoted.

You're memory is failing you, back in WotLK DK's had 3 DPS specs and 3 Tanking specs, hence why they were so powerful/popular in WotLK due to the advantage this gave for reasons explained in the post you quoted.
    Indeed, as a DK Main Tank I vividly remember starting as UH for Unholy Blight (threat gen was OP before the nerf) and magic damage fights, switching to Frost for physical damage intensive fights, and finally settling on Blood by the end of the expac. It was fun, but obviously OP, and could never work now.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Frost .... =/
    Everyone is playing Fire, don't mistake skewed data for actual results. It is of course indicative of how much worse Frost is compared to Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Everyone is playing Fire, don't mistake skewed data for actual results. It is of course indicative of how much worse Frost is compared to Fire.
    (1) it is in fact worse than Fire and Arcane
    (2) I was more talking about Frost DK actually

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    (1) it is in fact worse than Fire and Arcane
    (2) I was more talking about Frost DK actually
    You all realise the charts the OP posted are extremely biased and not a reflection of what damage people actually did right?