Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    This is a heuristic, all populations have the same rates of criminal activity, blacks are targeted more due to the historical relationship US society has had with AA's. You can't just ignore history and say "hurr durr well I guess dem blacks are jus more violent and like rap music hurr durr".
    I don't think you know what heuristic means...

You are also complete incorrect on criminal activity occurring at similar rates across all racial populations.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Our country has always been divided we always had a policy of don't ask don't tell when it comes to other people's problems, I can't think of any president that has ever really united the country but they always promise to.
    More so at different times in history and some Presidents have been worse and better at uniting the country. Our present one is one of the worse.

Deleted
    This shit is kinda getting boring now. Always the same deal. Call it what it is, these aren't protests, they are riots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    That's patently false. Blacks account for about 40-50% of the homicides nation wide. They're so over represented in so many categories it's impossible to perform the gymnastics necessary to close the gap.

Taking murder rates for example, the police would have to ignore about 60 or 70% of the murders in white communities, as in not even report them, for the murder rates per capita to match up.
    Is it because they enjoy violence? Maybe they are just inherently more violent since we gave them the opportunity to live in the greatest country on Earth and great places in US cities to thrive in. Something something democratic plantation something something?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-22 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

But we aren't, it's just that people like yourself never pay attention anyways. Add social media and realtime updates and you have this.
    We aren't what? Worse off?

Are you seriously going to argue that racial riots aren't a metric for measuring race relations?

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I would describe this as, we've always had issues. In America there have always been issues, but at the end of the day we were all Americans. I feel it's changed from that recently, now we aren't American's, we are our race. Everyone seems to forget we all live under the same flag and fight for the same team.
    That's how some people have always felt, minorities coming home after the world wars did not feel that way. The Japanese in the internment camps definitely did not feel that way, neither did the LGBT serving in the government and the armed forces. The difference between back then and now is that we have the internet and the 24 hour news cycle that blow up every incident.

The incidents that were going unnoticed are now being filmed on cell phones and spread over the internet as well as tv, the problems gets thrown in our faces more now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I don't think you know what heuristic means...

You are also complete incorrect on criminal activity occurring at similar rates across all racial populations.
    You are using a irrational mental shortcut to wrap your head around an extremely complex series of events that occurred almost 400 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    More so at different times in history and some Presidents have been worse and better at uniting the country. Our present one is one of the worse.
    The only time the country unites is in dire times like world wars and tragedies, the vast majority of the time we are divided and no president has ever been able to bring us together. The fantasy that a president can is just that a fantasy, there are people alive today who have experienced hate and discrimination to its extreme, it will take a very long time for those divides, scars and hatred to go away.

With each new generation the divides breaks and that comes with new hopes since they will live in a more diverse world and reject the hatred of their fathers and grandfathers.

15+ Year Old Account
    We aren't what? Worse off?

Are you seriously going to argue that racial riots aren't a metric for measuring race relations?
    Police killings are more transparent now, back in the early 00's you didn't have body cameras and smartphones with the capability of recording police brutality.

Is it because they enjoy violence? Maybe they are just inherently more violent since we gave them the opportunity to live in the greatest country on Earth and great places in US cities to thrive in. Something something democratic plantation something something?
    So when someone points out facts you don't like your first reaction isn't to simply ask for clarification, its to imagine up all the racist things they must be thinking?

I attribute it to mostly to culture, it's not one single thing, just a litany of things. Other races aren't immune to this, its simply how your culture shapes you. Unfortunately the current culture that dominates many black communities is destructive. It's not tied to race, its tied to environment.

Police killings are more transparent now, back in the early 00's you didn't have body cameras and smartphones with the capability of recording police brutality.
    And you didnt have armchair cops judging every single move the police made. Telling them they should have done this or that, meanwhile never having been in that situation. You have people making every excuse in the book for the criminals.

Police kill whites twice as often as blacks. The statistics don't reflect what the media and our current president are telling BLM activists and the rest of the nation. They're fanning the flames of racism and they know better. Or at least they should know better.

Black female police officer shots armed black man - lets go protest against racist white cops!

Black lives matters are some of the most unintelligent cretins on the planet. No wonder George Soros has to give them so much money. It's amusing how they've stopped trying to make arguments and just go full on disrupt because we're special mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    So when someone points out facts you don't like your first reaction isn't to simply ask for clarification, its to imagine up all the racist things they must be thinking?

I attribute it to mostly to culture, it's not one single thing, just a litany of things. Other races aren't immune to this, its simply how your culture shapes you. Unfortunately the current culture that dominates many black communities is destructive. It's not tied to race, its tied to environment.
    You cannot separate criminal data from the historical precedence from which it came. Intergenerational poverty supported and embraced by white segregationists and racists from the federal government on down to your neighborhood association ensured black families were to have no part in white society. Excluded from safe neighborhoods, property, a steady income, familial wealth. This is simply the fruit of over 300 years of institutionalized brutality and fear.

The "culture" of violence, depression, drug abuse, joblessness, incarceration happens when you systematically exclude and isolate a population, the history of AA's shows exactly that, which is why if you know what the fuck you are talking about, shouldn't be surprised about civil disobedience coming from these populations.

You cannot separate criminal data from the historical precedence from which it came. Intergenerational poverty supported and embraced by white segregationists and racists from the federal government on down to your neighborhood association ensured black families were to have no part in white society. Excluded from safe neighborhoods, property, a steady income, familial wealth. This is simply the fruit of over 300 years of institutionalized brutality and fear.

The "culture" of violence, depression, drug abuse, joblessness, incarceration happens when you systematically exclude and isolate a population, the history of AA's shows exactly that, which is why if you know what the fuck you are talking about, shouldn't be surprised about civil disobedience coming from these populations.
    Why have these numbers gotten worse since the barriers of systemic racism have been removed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    And you didnt have armchair cops judging every single move the police made. Telling them they should have done this or that, meanwhile never having been in that situation. You have people making every excuse in the book for the criminals.
    Yes bow down to the supreme arbiters of justice, the beat cop, to ensure your life is protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    There is a gun control thread for this and addresses your naive concepts of self defense
    Ok to be clear. I'm not from your country.

I come from a very small country with a population of maybe 6-7 million. Our dollar is weaker by approx 1.2.
    That being said. In my country. It is illegal to own firearms. In fact, it is extremely difficult to even obtain one illegally.

I would say, it would be rare for any of the police here to have cause to discharge their firearms to subdue criminals. Rare as in maybe once a year rare (sometimes not at all). It works. Extremely low rate of any kind of violent crimes here. Police here has no reason to fire on any suspect, because well, the probability of said suspect having a firearm is like 1%. Hence, I dare to say the police keeps their pistols holstered 99% of the time.

And no, what I asked is NOT a naive concept of self defense.

Since I'm not a US citizen, why do I care? Because it's the US. Any major event in the US has potential to affect the rest of the world, regardless of whether we want it or not. Like Trump/Hillary for eg. (and that's another can of worms).

15+ Year Old Account
    Police kill whites twice as often as blacks. The statistics don't reflect what the media and our current president are telling BLM activists and the rest of the nation. They're fanning the flames of racism and they know better. Or at least they should know better.
    Wah, wah, same decades old arguments used by racists and segregationists to show "discontent" with US citizens exercising their right to redress grievances with their government. You should start supporting sending dogs into the protests to give a couple of the malcontents how it feels when they go against your "law and order".

Black males have been targeted because they live in the worst conditions imaginable, for generations. You can't just handwave history away because police protocol in the US is completely fucked up.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    The only time the country unites is in dire times like world wars and tragedies, the vast majority of the time we are divided and no president has ever been able to bring us together. The fantasy that a president can is just that a fantasy, there are people alive today who have experienced hate and discrimination to its extreme, it will take a very long time for those divides, scars and hatred to go away.

With each new generation the divides breaks and that comes with new hopes since they will live in a more diverse world and reject the hatred of their fathers and grandfathers.
    In reference to 100% unity, this is true. But some Presidents have been able to gather enough support from the citizens to offer a overall sense of unity. The popular ones would be indications of which those are. Teddy Roosevelt would be one. John Kennedy had a 71% approval rating at the time of his death. Eisenhower had a high approval rating also during his term. Now they get excited when Obama's approval rating hits the high 50's. :P