Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow Priest Trinket Discussion -> Emerald Nightmare

Hello guys!

I wanted to create a thread discussing what trinkets we're supposed to use, if anyone has got any sims I would love to see!

So basically, what do you think? What are our BiS Trinkets in Emerald Nightmare. Just by looking at the loot you think that "Swarming Plaguehive" - Nythendra is the way to go, but it all depends on the procs.. So what are your thoughts and as said, if anyone has any sims please share!

Deleted
    Can't share logs, but i got the Swarming Plaguehive (HC) yesterday. On our few tries on Ursoc it did between 6-11% of my total damage, which i'd say is pretty huge However it was only 4-5 tries, so the sample size isn't really reliable. Rest of the logs got corrupted somehow so can't check what it did on Il'gynoth.
    Will test more in mythic+ during the week and in our next raid on sunday, but so far i like it!

Pre Raid:

Chrono Shard
    Darkmoon Card: Hellfire

Raid BiS:

Bough of Corruption
    Twisting Wind

15+ Year Old Account
    I got Wriggling Sinew last night, don't know how I feel about it just yet. I'll have to see how raid goes tonight.
    What do you all think about that trinket? I'm not crazy about on-use trinkets personally..
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Pre Raid:

Chrono Shard
    Darkmoon Card: Hellfire

Raid BiS:

Bough of Corruption
    Twisting Wind
    According to sims i'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomz View Post
    Hello guys!

I wanted to create a thread discussing what trinkets we're supposed to use, if anyone has got any sims I would love to see!

So basically, what do you think? What are our BiS Trinkets in Emerald Nightmare. Just by looking at the loot you think that "Swarming Plaguehive" - Nythendra is the way to go, but it all depends on the procs.. So what are your thoughts and as said, if anyone has any sims please share!
    Just going to pass along what @Zoopercat linked in response to a question asked about trinkets in the Shadow 7.0.3 sticky (using default character). You might find it useful:

Full trinket, proc + stats: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...9c89ca9c726342

Proc only, to isolate power of just the proc: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...8461756c634cb2
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Sims < reality.

I'm going to be refining the list of trinkets and single out those that leave a pile of goop on the ground to do their damage. Naturally it'll be a hit to the value of a trinket if your target isn't standing in it the entire time. Unfortunately with sims the boss is stationary always, although you can move.
    @Swol If you have already done this that would be amazing, otherwise it'll have to wait until I get home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Sims < reality.
    Indeed. I'm still a fan of Swarming Plaguehive. Especially since I got a Heroic one off of our first kill last night after having terrible luck with trinkets so far this expansion! I doubt I'll be replacing it any time soon and hope it performs better in reality than the sims place it. Regardless it was a huge upgrade
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Indeed. I'm still a fan of Swarming Plaguehive. Especially since I got a Heroic one off of our first kill last night after having terrible luck with trinkets so far this expansion! I doubt I'll be replacing it any time soon and hope it performs better in reality than the sims place it. Regardless it was a huge upgrade
    Well my plan is to isolate the damage of the goop dropping trinkets and see what 80/60/40/20% of that damage is to represent a realistic scenario. It'll take some time since i'll have to do it for all levels of difficulties and multiple trinkets and I can't batch it. Blegh.

Deleted
    Well my plan is to isolate the damage of the goop dropping trinkets and see what 80/60/40/20% of that damage is to represent a realistic scenario. It'll take some time since i'll have to do it for all levels of difficulties and multiple trinkets and I can't batch it. Blegh.
    Definitely worth doing though.

My gut is telling me that Plaguehive and Sinew/Bough might be the best to go for, but waiting to see what others think when they get practical experience with them. Plaguehive looks strong in both sims and live logs right now, so there's that.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2016-09-22 at 03:44 PM.

Bough looks terrifically strong in sims, however Twisting Winds is simming way ahead of everything. I'm not sure if it's bugged (some people are saying it is) or what, but something seems fishy other than bosses/mobs moving out of the goop.

Deleted
    but something seems fishy other than bosses/mobs moving out of the goop.
    One of our mages got Twisting last night during a normal clear, so had a chance to use it on 3 heroic bosses plus Cenarius and Xavius normal. Looking through logs (they are private) on most fights it did around 1% of their total damage, most I saw was 4% on Ilgygnoythfgyoth HC. I know this is a mage and not a spriest so supposedly lacking the buff to Shadow damage, but that's still less than expected. You could be right.

Bough looks terrifically strong in sims, however Twisting Winds is simming way ahead of everything. I'm not sure if it's bugged (some people are saying it is) or what, but something seems fishy other than bosses/mobs moving out of the goop.
    You know it takes literally 30 seconds to check in-game tooltip damage (or log damage for that matter) against your sims? Last time I checked, even the tooltip on AMR said 30k damage when the in-game tooltip says 13k damage.

As for Boon: I'm still looking for any evidence on how exactly it works. You can't simulate a trinket properly when it has a somewhat ambiguous description and nobody has tested it in-game.

I find it pretty disingenuous to claim certain items to be BiS according to sims when there's very reasonable evidence that these sims don't properly simulate said items yet.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-09-22 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    You know it takes literally 30 seconds to check in-game tooltip damage (or log damage for that matter) against your sims? Last time I checked, even the tooltip on AMR said 30k damage when the in-game tooltip says 13k damage.
    In game tooltips are wrong, this is a known issue.

Also I can't look at anything right now as I'm at work.

As for Boon: I'm still looking for any evidence on how exactly it works. You can't simulate a trinket properly when it has a somewhat ambiguous description and nobody has tested it in-game.

I find it pretty disingenuous to claim certain items to be BiS according to sims when there's very reasonable evidence that these sims don't properly simulate said items yet.
    That's why I said sims<reality. Once we have a decent amount of live logs with these trinkets we can evaluate them further. That's how theorycrafting works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    I find it pretty disingenuous to claim certain items to be BiS according to sims
    Couple of points here;

1) Make your own BIS list and share the results with us.
    2) Everyone here knows that these results are based on sims, nothing disingenuous about it.

If the sims say something is great, people try it and back it up with logs. Otherwise we have a talk about what and why things went wrong.... which is what we're doing here. The other option is to go in blind and randomly pick up trinkets we have no idea about. You should try being on a loot council one day, if you haven't already. It's no fun when people have zero clue about what's bis.

Thanks for your input though.

Wriggling sinew seems pretty weak in terms of the value of the on use ability. Just doing the math, it is significantly less damage compared to what I've been seeing from the procs of dungeon/wq trinkets like spiked tongue or shock baton even though they're 20-30 ilvls lower. The swarming plague hive looks good if it procs often, and having flat haste is preferable to me. I'd like to see some more logs of the tornado thingy before making up my mind on that one. And the bough of corruption is ambiguous, but potentially very strong. Would also like to see more logs of priests using it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    Wriggling sinew seems pretty weak in terms of the value of the on use ability. Just doing the math, it is significantly less damage compared to what I've been seeing from the procs of dungeon/wq trinkets like spiked tongue or shock baton even though they're 20-30 ilvls lower. The swarming plague hive looks good if it procs often, and having flat haste is preferable to me. I'd like to see some more logs of the tornado thingy before making up my mind on that one. And the bough of corruption is ambiguous, but potentially very strong. Would also like to see more logs of priests using it first.
    I agree with this.

Hopefully some priests get lucky, I plan on using my bonus roll on Xavius as we have a few ranged ahead of me for priority.

Beehive was ~6% of my damage on Ursoc

Quote Originally Posted by Akx View Post
    Beehive was ~6% of my damage on Ursoc
    I didn't get much real life testing after I got mine, but it was doing about this amount of my total damage as well in the couple of attempts on Il'gynoth we did before it was time to call the raid for the night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I didn't get much real life testing after I got mine, but it was doing about this amount of my total damage as well in the couple of attempts on Il'gynoth we did before it was time to call the raid for the night.
    Yep, sounds about right. Also roughly what sims showed. I think Plague is a solid choice for one slot.